Logitech Challenge-US players, free suff.

• Thread starter superwally
  • 250 comments
United States
Vermont, USA
GTP_Superwally, supahwally
Uhh, don't know if anyone has posted this yet, sorry if that's the case!

http://playstation.joystiq.com/

Here is the link to the Playstation blog post, I haven't read it yet...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/17/take-the-logitech-challenge-in-gran-turismo-5-prologue/

Apparently, starting tomorrow, GT5P players will be able to participate in a 1 week contest to win Logitech gear-wireless wheels, speakers, etc.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: OK, this has been posted over in the GT5 latest news and discussion thread by Foolkiller, post 554: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3337816#post3337816
Mods delete this thread or leave it for event discussion if you like.

Update-From the Blog:

Hey, racing fans. This is Chris Pate, Global Product Marketing Manager at Logitech for all of our steering controllers. I am happy to announce that we are partnering with Gran Turismo to hold an exciting online racing event, the Logitech Challenge.

Beginning tomorrow, Wednesday March 18, 2009, there will be three one-week long online competitions in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, where players compete for the fastest lap time using the specified course and vehicle class. Each week, the top three players will be selected to receive some great prizes from Logitech, including some of our best wheel controllers. Additionally, five players will be selected randomly, regardless of lap time, from among all of the race participants for the week to receive our latest Driving Force GT wheel. To compete, just boot up the game, go to the Online Events section of the main menu, and look for the Logitech Challenge event. Then you just enter the event and post your best lap time.

Logitech Challenge with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Here’s exactly what’s at stake for the winners. The third place winner each week will receive a Logitech Driving Force Wireless wheel and a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser Mouse. The second place winner will receive a Logitech Driving Force Wireless wheel and Logitech Z-5 speakers. The first place winner each week will receive a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, Logitech Audio Hub speakers, and a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser Mouse. And five randomly selected players each week will receive a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.

Winners will be announced after all three weeks’ competitions have ended. Players must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States to win. Upon completion of the competition, potential winners will be contacted so eligibility requirements can be verified. See here for complete contest rules.

Check the official Gran Turismo website at the beginning of each 1-week period, starting March 18, for information on the week’s course and car list, and to read driving tips to help you improve your lap time.

Learn more about Logitech’s Driving Force GT wheel here, which was designed to take advantage of exclusive Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features. You can also visit our website here and use the promo code “challenge09” to receive 10% off select PS3 products from Logitech.

Good luck, and happy racing!

-Chris

Last edited:
Apparently, starting tomorrow, GT5P players from the USA will be able to participate in a 1 week contest to win Logitech gear-wireless wheels, speakers, etc.
Fixed it for you. :(

Daan, sorry I didn't realize it was US only. Once the competition gets rolling this thread might be better suited to the GT5P Racing thread, maybe I should have put it there.

Is it possible to modify the thread title to note that this is US only?

I think it is great PD & Logitech are finally going to start promoting US drivers. Should be a good turn out.

Chad

not to mention the middle east... they must thing we dont get internet either in our tents :P

Chris

Uhh, this comp was for more than just gaming accessories, you must have missed it?
https://www.gtplanet.net/middle-east-challenge-winner-drives-gt-r/

I'm wondering how they will handle week-to-week winners, if you win something in week 1, will you be able to compete week 2 and 3? I'd be surprised if they let the same person take home the goodies for all three competitions.

Uhh, this comp was for more than just gaming accessories, you must have missed it?
https://www.gtplanet.net/middle-east-challenge-winner-drives-gt-r/

I'm wondering how they will handle week-to-week winners, if you win something in week 1, will you be able to compete week 2 and 3? I'd be surprised if they let the same person take home the goodies for all three competitions.

"A winner of one Prize Package is not eligible for another Prize Package" From the rules 👍

Good luck to all the U.S GTP users - hope someone from gtplanet wins something!

I think Africa might get the least attention from these official competitions.
They're probably think we're running 16 bit consoles off car batteries while waiting for U.N food aid parcels to fall from the sky!

I'll be giving this one a go fairly soon 👍 It's great to see a competition for the US drivers finally. Now we just need to have GT Academy at some point in time :sly: HSR is great pad circuit, so hopefully I can score a top three time if not better for this weeks time trial 👍

I'll be giving this one a go fairly soon 👍 It's great to see a competition for the US drivers finally. Now we just need to have GT Academy at some point in time :sly: HSR is great pad circuit, so hopefully I can score a top three time if not better for this weeks time trial 👍

Go get 'em TA!! :D 👍

I'll try my best mate 👍

Wow...just got a chance to try this TT. Boy is it ever a joke! Standard physic driving the integra type-R around HSR on S3 tires :lol: Definitely requires a weird and slightly unrealistic driving style, but luckily I've adapted alright so far 👍 I'm up to 9th within about 8 laps so hopefully I'll keep climbing my way up :)

Edit: I can't really believe how unrealistic this TT is. :crazy: That's not a good thing for me either 👎 I feel like I'm playing Ridge Racer. In order to get anywhere near a fast lap you must engine brake big time going into the corner to get the rear to rotate, otherwise you'll get massive understeer going in. The only thing is, if you engine brake (downshifting and bouncing off the rev limiter massively) a FWD car in real life, you would end up plowing straight into the armco. :lol: Another absolutely ridiculous part is the fact that getting on the gas fully at a certain point in the turn makes the front bite more, which makes no sense at all when driving a front wheel drive car in reality. If you try and drive a really smooth line through the "S" section using traditional smooth throttle application you'll get massive understeer. It makes no sense how applying more gas would reduce understeer in a front wheel drive car. :banghead:

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like powerslide out the exit can actually gain some speed.
I ran 30 minutes total with the TT, clio and Integra, had many DQed laps,
and finally went up to No.1 now.:gtpflag: Although my lap doesn't look clean under GTP rules...
BTW, it looks like the Integra is the fastest here.

Last edited:
Damn...nice job bro :cheers: I'll have to watch your replay and find out what your secret is 👍 I think my main problem is the fact that I'm using a controller and can't really get the initial slide going very well, which is absolutely vital to getting a good lap.

I may just call it quits on this one and wait until the Eiger or Suzuka TT to put in a good showing. Hopefully we get professional physics for those TT's

finally went up to No.1 now.:gtpflag: Although my lap doesn't look clean under GTP rules...QUOTE]

Nope, it sure isn't anywhere NEAR clean, dude. I have your lap loaded as my ghost and BOY do you run WIIIIIIIIIDE and use the very edge of the last sweeper! :irked::yuck::rolleyes:

Kinda hoped the people from this forum would pride themselves on clean laps only. Hopefully Logitech will review the top people's laps (even though PD seems to think all 4 tires outside of the white boundary line is legit) before awarding prizes.

It's also a shame that only the Integra and the Audi seem to be able to get anywhere near a top time. And when did these cars become "mid-sized"???

Kind of a farce, in my opinion, Logitech.

Pyro

Nice lap in TT, Pyro.👍
In GTP, outside of white line is ok, as long as it's on concrete. Touching the wall is not okay. In the meanwhile, I will try to improve my lap.

FOX

finally went up to No.1 now.:gtpflag: Although my lap doesn't look clean under GTP rules...QUOTE]

Nope, it sure isn't anywhere NEAR clean, dude. I have your lap loaded as my ghost and BOY do you run WIIIIIIIIIDE and use the very edge of the last sweeper! :irked::yuck::rolleyes:

Kinda hoped the people from this forum would pride themselves on clean laps only. Hopefully Logitech will review the top people's laps (even though PD seems to think all 4 tires outside of the white boundary line is legit) before awarding prizes.

It's also a shame that only the Integra and the Audi seem to be able to get anywhere near a top time. And when did these cars become "mid-sized"???

Pyro

Apparently (and unfortunately) you seem to be correct. Ok, guess I'll "do as the Romans", then! :sly:

Pyro

Calm down buddy. That's what you get when you decide to have a time trial take place at HSR. All it takes is one person to wallride and everyone will follow suit if they plan to get a podium position. First of all, that's Logitech's fault for choosing HSR if wanted to have a legitmate and clean/fair TT, and PD's fault for not making penalties strict enough at the last corner...which is something that should have been fixed ages ago if PD wasn't so down lazy :crazy:

I'm up to 4th with a giant wall ride at the end :lol:

I know, I know. It is indeed Logitech's fault...and PD's, too. And like I said in my post above yours, I'm doing the ol' "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". Sad that it works that way, but it definitely does.

Well enough to get ahead of you...heh.

Pyro

Calm down buddy. :crazy:

I'm up to 4th with a giant wall ride at the end :lol:

I don't find that funny at all. :ouch:

I'm sure the rest of us at gtplanet will respect all the online ruleshttps://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241 we have set out to follow when wearing our GTP tags.

I realize it's your tag but please use it with more respect in the future or maybe....use a different username if you plan on wall riding your way to a prize.

Good luck either way.

Back