Logitech driving Force GT to red Momo pedals wiring connection help needed

• Thread starter optical10
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
UK, Manchester
I spoke to Leo Bodnar via email about a bespoke version of their "Logitech® G25/G27/G29/G920/DFGT/DFP or Generic Pedals Adapter" to connect the DFGT to my red Momo pedals but they said unfortunately I wasn't possible.
I then suggested as the red Momo pedals already have a USB cable from a DB29 serial female port could I use their software and they said if I could make a cable/connector to fulfil these two schematic diagrams here & here I could use their software to use the red Momo pedals as a stand-alone device in Windows 10 but as I don't have the skills was wondering if somebody point me in the right direction to begin the project Or I would pay for said connector to be made for me?

I think you still need their USB adaptor because their software needs to see a USB device plugged in with their USB device ID. So they mean make a wiring harness adaptor to connect the pedal harness to their adaptor, like this:
upload_2017-7-27_11-16-26.jpeg

So the adaptor would have a DB25 male plug on one end and a DB9 male plug on the other. This is assuming their adaptor provides 5V from pin 6 and has axis1=gas, axis2=brake, axis3=clutch, I have no idea if that's the case.

I think you still need their USB adaptor because their software needs to see a USB device plugged in with their USB device ID. So they mean make a wiring harness adaptor to connect the pedal harness to their adaptor, like this:
View attachment 663569
So the adaptor would have a DB25 male plug on one end and a DB9 male plug on the other. This is assuming their adaptor provides 5V from pin 6 and has axis1=gas, axis2=brake, axis3=clutch, I have no idea if that's the case.

Just got a reply from the cable provider and it said that

"Cable provides +5V from USB on pin 6 and GND on pin 1.
These are passed from USB so should be capable of 100mA to 500mA current and nominally 5V."

Does that mean that your diagram needs to be updated?

Many thanks

The diagram should be fine for power then, and you should be able to figure out which of their pins 2, 3, or 4 show up as gas and brake on their software

Back