Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@LOGI_Rich
Hi
I have been attempting to purchase this wheel since it launched in 2022. I have contacted Logitech South Africa numerous times and always get the same answer. They cant tell me when this product will be available, if ever.
Please if you could, I would appreciate some feedback as to why its not yet available here and if there are any plans to make it available. There is a huge market for it here. I just don't understand why a company that has a substantial market here wont bring in a flagship product.
I am on the verge of importing some Fanatec gear, but I would prefer the locally sourced Logitech.

@Gogga At the moment the console versions of the Pro Wheel are only available direct from our website via our D2C operation; unfortunately, we don't have a D2C operation in South Africa at this time. As always, we will continue to look at widening distribution of the products in the future.

Last edited:
@Gogga At the moment the console versions of the Pro Wheel are only available direct from our website via our D2C operation; we don't have a D2C operation in South Africa at this time. As always, we will continue to look at widening distribution of the products in the future.
Thanks for the clarification.
I even contacted many distributors and they have no clue as to the availability of the product.

Hope this Direct to customer operation becomes available soon.

There's far too many variables to qualitatively say "do/don't use gloves". Every glove is different as is every person using said gloves. Logically, if you have gloves with substantial grip then they're going to cause more friction, which can result in premature wear to the materials on the wheel.

Please get in touch with support.
Hi Rich. Any suggestions on mitigating anymore wear? Logi support says my unit has no warranty.

@Skills im guessing not what you want to hear, but I’d bet any Automotive upholstery shop that does custom work would be able to recover or restitch your wheel with whatever leather/ alcantera and stitching combo you could possibly want. No idea what that may cost though.
As far as reducing wear, softest material gloves you can find, but then those will become a regular replacement item. It’s definitely a disappointment how the stitching was done on these wheels though.

I would like to share a brief observation: a few weeks ago I bought the T300 RS set with the alcantara steering wheel + TH8S shifter. I only upgraded the fan with a Noctua one.

I waited for news from Logitech but didn't hear anything for six months after the sale od my G Pro, neither regarding the shifter (which I really missed!) nor about the trimmed FFB in GT7, etc.

So I've been playing casually for a while with T300 and I've had some thoughts. You buy a T300, hassle-free, enjoyable, affordable, you know what to expect and you just drive. You don't need heavy, solid stands to hold a DD base.

I let various friends who had no experience with steering wheels try it, as well as their children, and they were all impressed with the experience. I'm also thrilled, and I thought that marketing worked its magic on me back then because I only had Direct Drive in mind.

The T300 was supposed to be temporary, but it's staying with me for a long time. Plus, it works with PS3 and sometimes I play GT6 too.

What I'm getting at... seriously consider your purchase and whether you really need DD to be happy.

@Mateusz90
The true advantages of DD are True Force and Full Force on fanatec. I believe it would be impossible to do that on a belt or gear driven wheel. They just would not have the frequency response to deliver it.
Now we just need everyone to support it in all games going forward, I think then you’ll see the difference.

Back