Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@timekiller001 Dont you find the tf adds the x factor? The whole design and materials used for both the wheel and pedals are in a league of it’s own in my opinion. Definately a more high-end/Pro look & feel compared to the Fanatec package. If you take that in consideration actually there is no real difference in price comparing it with the Fanatec 8mm/loadcell/clutch package.

Will be holding back on the shifter until Logitech release a G Pro Shifter with the same high-End look n feel. I’m on ps5/psvr2/gt7 only so will stay within the G Pro ecosystem.

Ah sturdy HQ G Pro Shifter would be epic.

Actually not really waiting on add-on wheels. The wheel is perfect as is for me. Surely Logi will release a F1 rim. Huge market potential for that. Might be a Momo partnership. Or Sparco if Thrustmaster doesnt have exclusivity.

Last edited:
Is anyone able to play Kartkraft with working RPM indicator? I saw some Youtuber got it working but mine doesn't work at all.
Beside is the RPM indicator on AC1 a bit laggy?

Last edited:
I upgraded to a Thrustmaster H shifter from the G29 add-on recently due to a discounted offer price but would certainly be interested in an even better Logitech one. Ditto the F1 style wheel.

Now I know the pedal clutch is the same axis as the wheel clutch paddles I plan on getting the Pro pedal set. I’d held off as I already had a load cell in the T-LCM set and made a custom wooden mount under the desk (because I don’t have space for a rig).

I have the PS version setup that I use for GT7 and was curious if we will be getting a XBOX compatible wheel only to give us a cross platform compatibility. Hoping to get one to add to my system so I can play the new Forza Motorsport when it comes out.

Is anyone able to play Kartkraft with working RPM indicator? I saw some Youtuber got it working but mine doesn't work at all.
Beside is the RPM indicator on AC1 a bit laggy?
Just looked at this again today and it's working fine. See if today's G HUB update has any effect on it.

Just looked at this again today and it's working fine. See if today's G HUB update has any effect on it.
Nope, I got the latest firmware and latest GHUB, the RPM indicator works on ACC, AC but not Kartkraft, I am sure I turned the RPM option on in Kartkraft as well. Is there anything I can do? I am running 22H2 Windows 10 atm, and the system was reinstalled like 1 week before. Stuff like visual C++ package, Direct X, Net 3.5 were all installed. Thanks.

Nope, I got the latest firmware and latest GHUB, the RPM indicator works on ACC, AC but not Kartkraft, I am sure I turned the RPM option on in Kartkraft as well. Is there anything I can do? I am running 22H2 Windows 10 atm, and the system was reinstalled like 1 week before. Stuff like visual C++ package, Direct X, Net 3.5 were all installed. Thanks.
I honestly don't have any suggestions, I'm afraid. I can't even find any cfg files to dig around in for the game, so it's not clear why it's not working for you. You might be able to reach out to the developers via their Steam community page and see if they can suggest anything.

I honestly don't have any suggestions, I'm afraid. I can't even find any cfg files to dig around in for the game, so it's not clear why it's not working for you. You might be able to reach out to the developers via their Steam community page and see if they can suggest anything.
The cfg files are located at C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\project_k\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor,
probably the one named "input.ini"
But I checked and found nothing useful so.. I don't know. The developers are not active atm.

I have the PS version setup that I use for GT7 and was curious if we will be getting a XBOX compatible wheel only to give us a cross platform compatibility. Hoping to get one to add to my system so I can play the new Forza Motorsport when it comes out.

The better question question is, when will we be able to buy a "Replacement" or "Spare Parts" XBOX wheel?

The adapter that we've mentioned that enables use of the Driving Force Shifter is imminent.
How imminent, are we talking, Rich?!

I saw some review vids of the G Pro from months ago and they seemed to be using the driving force shifter. How did they manage it?

Hello all. I’m new to the forums and have made a post in the GT7 and Console section about setup questions and problems I’m having with the game. I bought a PS5/GT7 a few months ago and decided to dive in and get a rig and the Logitech Pro wheel. I’m waiting on the PSVR2 as well. So…head first and everything. I have set the wheel settings for GT7 according to Logi_Rich and the link he provided. The feel of the wheel seems ok except the dampener setting doesn’t feel right to me. This is my first FFB wheel…first wheel essentially since some cheap xbox wheel from years ago. I have been a controller user essentially when I’ve played racing games (have been out of gaming for a bit due to RL schedule).

My main issue with GT7 is that I can’t seem to keep the tail of the car under control when driving a rear wheel drive. Any slip and the thing just wants to swap ends. Drifting a rear wheel drive is nonstarter for me. So, I’m trying to narrow down my issues to settings/config, skill set or lack there of, car setup etc. I have been able to handle an AWD with drifting as well as the rally courses but can’t seem to drift or keep slides in check. I’ve watched plenty of videos with users using other wheels, but none with the Logitech Pro.

Also, WRCG…with the settings provided by Logi_Rich, the FFB seems very numb with the wheel centered and driving down the road…disconnected of sorts. With power applied or any type of slide, the FFB is strong and acceptable. Any hints on that?

Appreciate any feedback from ya’ll and love the active nature of this forum.

Thanks,

LC35

@LOGI_Rich

So you're not going to believe this ...

Bought a third wheel. Updated firmware on PC, tested it on a demo game and works fine on PC.

Transferred over to PS5, worked for the entire day. Next day, nothing ... Can't Get the wheel to stay connected for more than a couple minutes.

Still works on PC. Back to the PS5, same result. I have no idea what to try anymore. I've been trying to get this set up working for 2 months now and best I can get is a few hours before I'm back to square one.

Am I frying the unit or something?

At my wits end with this stuff.

@LOGI_Rich

Bought a third wheel. Updated firmware on PC, tested it on a demo game and works fine on PC.

Transferred over to PS5, worked for the entire day. Next day, nothing ... Can't Get the wheel to stay connected for more than a couple minutes.

Still works on PC. Back to the PS5, same result. I have no idea what to try anymore. I've been trying to get this set up working for 2 months now and best I can get is a few hours before I'm back to square one.

You did try the back USB ports on the PS5 hey? I can’t remember if you said you tried different ports. I had mentioned my front USB port seems to be going to sleep or losing communication with my headset, but it works if I unplug the dongle then plug back in. If I rest mode the PS5, next day, headset won’t connect unless I unplug dongle then plug back in. Just a thought. Must be frustrating.

You did try the back USB ports on the PS5 hey? I can’t remember if you said you tried different ports. I had mentioned my front USB port seems to be going to sleep or losing communication with my headset, but it works if I unplug the dongle then plug back in. If I rest mode the PS5, next day, headset won’t connect unless I unplug dongle then plug back in. Just a thought. Must be frustrating.
Yes, I've tried them all today except the C type in front as I don't have an adapter. But worked great with the front one yesterday, no issues at all.

@CustomX very close!

@LC35 the most obvious thing to point out is that if you’re used to a controller then you are going to be used to a lot of assistance that the game does for you when using a controller. More finesse is required with the gas pedal, as well as a decent amount of opposite lock on the steering to counteract any oversteer. Most of all, listen to what the wheel is telling you - it’s a new language to learn, but you’ll get used to it. Dampener is entirely personal and, as I noted at the top of the settings page on our site, should likely be scaled back if you’re not running at maximum torque.

@GlockPants three units and it works fine on the PC? I hate to say it but suspicion starts to be drawn towards the PlayStation. Do you know someone with a PS4/PS5 that you can test the wheel with?

Yes, I've tried them all today except the C type in front as I don't have an adapter. But worked great with the front one yesterday, no issues at all.
I’m going to research that front PS5 USB port because I’m getting tired of trying to remember to power my system on, wait until I’m at the menu screen and then unplug the dongle and then back in again. Nothing else works. If I unplug it first then plug it in then boot up, nope, if I boot up and try to connect it before I’m in the main menu, nope. Anyway good luck hope you figure it out.

@LOGI_Rich

I presume you tried this but are you using an extension cable to connect to the PS5? I had issues with a G29 wheel that kept disconnecting when connected using a USB3 extension cable. Switched that cable to a USB2 only extension cable and had it plugged into front port and the issue went away.

@CustomX very close!

@LC35 the most obvious thing to point out is that if you’re used to a controller then you are going to be used to a lot of assistance that the game does for you when using a controller. More finesse is required with the gas pedal, as well as a decent amount of opposite lock on the steering to counteract any oversteer. Most of all, listen to what the wheel is telling you - it’s a new language to learn, but you’ll get used to it. Dampener is entirely personal and, as I noted at the top of the settings page on our site, should likely be scaled back if you’re not running at maximum torque.

@GlockPants three units and it works fine on the PC? I hate to say it but suspicion starts to be drawn towards the PlayStation. Do you know someone with a PS4/PS5 that you can test the wheel with?
Thanks for the feedback. I think one of my issues my reaction speed at counter steering and not putting in enough. Then at times when I do get the slide stopped it ends up whipping back around.

Can anyone recommend a car with a good tune for drifting?

Thanks for the feedback. I think one of my issues my reaction speed at counter steering and not putting in enough. Then at times when I do get the slide stopped it ends up whipping back around.

This all sounds like just getting used of a wheel to me. I would put stability management on, counter steering on and abs on. Then slowly ween yourself off them. That’s what I did. I felt I couldn’t drive well, did that and now I can drive with it on or of and prefer off as I’m faster. The Alfa Romeo giulia is a fun predictable car in my opinion.

I presume you tried this but are you using an extension cable to connect to the PS5? I had issues with a G29 wheel that kept disconnecting when connected using a USB3 extension cable. Switched that cable to a USB2 only extension cable and had it plugged into front port and the issue went away.
I'm not using an extension cable, my current set up allows the provided cables to reach the PS5 with plenty of slack. I'm going to do more testing in the morning with the rest of the USB ports and also test on my PS4 if those won't work. I also ordered an adapter to see if the C port on the front works, but doesn't arrive until Monday.

I suspect that may be a problem, haven't ruled it out but no other devices have any issues with the USB ports on the PS5. Wireless headphones and charging controllers work on all A ports.

Something I've noticed when I connect back to my PC is that the onboard memory profile is set to 900 degrees. I change it back to 1080 try again on the console and eventually get disconnected again. Back to the PC and the angle is 900 degrees again. Is this normal?

Playing GT7, could the console somehow alter the settings on its own and cause it to disconnect when the wheel is in use?

That’s just developers setting the angle when the games start. They’re not used to us having a wheel with 1080 so they’re using the default of 900.

Did you get a chance to try on your PS4?

That’s just developers setting the angle when the games start. They’re not used to us having a wheel with 1080 so they’re using the default of 900.

Did you get a chance to try on your PS4?
Not quite - I don't have any more time today to test. I had mixed results. I did try on the PS4 briefly but was having a similar issue where the wheel just 3-dots until it times out after selecting the platform. This is what happened about 70% of the time today. I had one instance on the PS5 where the wheel stayed connected for a minute or two.

I'm not sure why this happens, but when I connect back to the PC and run a game, then I bring it back to the console it seems to connect on the first try. How long it stays connected varies from hours with no issues (my experience two days ago) to only half a second.

Still have not had any issues connecting to the PC.

I will have to try my PC game to PS4 trick tomorrow and see what happens.

This all sounds like just getting used of a wheel to me. I would put stability management on, counter steering on and abs on. Then slowly ween yourself off them. That’s what I did. I felt I couldn’t drive well, did that and now I can drive with it on or of and prefer off as I’m faster. The Alfa Romeo giulia is a fun predictable car in my opinion.
Thanks for the tips. Me having to nurse a bad shoulder doesn’t make things easier either. Lol

Been finding it impossible to update my G Pro wheel. First, trying to get G Hub to recognize the device was a pain. Once it finally did, I got the prompt to update the firmware. When I try to install it, nothing happens -- nothing in the app, nothing on the wheel's display. However, if I disconnect and reconnect the wheel, G Hub will get stuck on an "Updating Firmware" message, even though it's clearly not installing anything. For what its worth, the current firmware is 133.0.65. I've tried reinstalling drivers, and I've restarted my PC numerous times through these attempts, but I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich
Not quite - I don't have any more time today to test. I had mixed results. I did try on the PS4 briefly but was having a similar issue where the wheel just 3-dots until it times out after selecting the platform. This is what happened about 70% of the time today. I had one instance on the PS5 where the wheel stayed connected for a minute or two.

I'm not sure why this happens, but when I connect back to the PC and run a game, then I bring it back to the console it seems to connect on the first try. How long it stays connected varies from hours with no issues (my experience two days ago) to only half a second.

Still have not had any issues connecting to the PC.

I will have to try my PC game to PS4 trick tomorrow and see what happens.
Had a chance to test some more today.

As suspected the PS5 USB ports are defective. While I was testing, swapping cables in and out of each port I got stream of error messages on the console saying "Too many USB devices connected", heard a buzzing in the console and it eventually turned itself off. When I restarted the console, none of the USB ports worked for any device (charging cable, headphones). Looked up some guides online to troubleshoot that issue and led me to factory reset the console. However since you need to connect a controller via USB to begin initialization and none of the ports work now. I've essentially bricked my PS5.

I will be sending the console to Sony for repairs.

But regarding PS4 testing, I was similarly not able to connect to my PS4 for any satisfactory period of time. I'm curious if while connected to the PS5 something may have possibly been damaged on the wheel?

Connection to PC still works flawlessly.

@glassjaw That’s a significantly old version of firmware so I’m going to stick my neck out here and suggest that you’ve got a pre-mass production unit there (usually called a pilot build or PB unit). I’m afraid there’s no way to update those older units through G HUB. Curious to know where you got that unit from!

@GlockPants if the wheel definitely has a fault then it should also fail to work correctly on PC. I’m really not sure why it’s also being problematic on the PS4. Out of interest, what’s your disconnection steps when you disconnect the wheel from the console? Unplug USB, then power? Vice versa? Do you ever get any static electricity discharge from any part of your setup?

@LOGI_Rich

Had a chance to test some more today.

As suspected the PS5 USB ports are defective. While I was testing, swapping cables in and out of each port I got stream of error messages on the console saying "Too many USB devices connected", heard a buzzing in the console and it eventually turned itself off. When I restarted the console, none of the USB ports worked for any device (charging cable, headphones). Looked up some guides online to troubleshoot that issue and led me to factory reset the console. However since you need to connect a controller via USB to begin initialization and none of the ports work now. I've essentially bricked my PS5.

I will be sending the console to Sony for repairs.

But regarding PS4 testing, I was similarly not able to connect to my PS4 for any satisfactory period of time. I'm curious if while connected to the PS5 something may have possibly been damaged on the wheel?

Connection to PC still works flawlessly.
That’s for the update. That sucks hope they get it all sorted out soon. And guess what, recently my front USB port that has the headset dongle hasn’t needed unplugging then plugging in again for the last two days.

Sometimes you can shut the unit off, unplug it and press down and hold the power button. Leave it a couple minutes then fire everything up again. Worth a try before sending in the PS5. I had to do that to a computer once. Good luck.

Last edited:

Toyota GT86. Completely stock, don't need to change anything.

Go to Tsukuba, do the Time Trial that's in the rain. The GT86 in the wet is nice because it takes hardly any throttle at all to rotate the back of the car, hopefully it'll help you establish the link between your right foot and how that controls the back of the car.

Just lap around until you get a feel for it, it's entirely just a matter of practice.

If you're finding 4WD slideable, I'd take a rough guess that you're giving it way too much throttle in the RWD.

Depending on your wheel settings, the wheel will mostly do the countersteering for you, you actually need to not resist it too much once the back starts to go, but yes, coming cleanly out of a slide also takes some feel, have you not seen how many Mustang owners launch themselves into crowds doing exactly that? ;)

Back