Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Anyone have issues with G Hub even recognizing that the wheel is plugged into a computer? Tried both a mac book pro and an older windows laptop and same issue. Does the wheel need to be in a certain setting (PC vs. PS5) or something?

Is the MacBook Pro a newer, Apple-Silicon model? IIRC the older Macs, including mine (2011 MBP and 2012 Cheesegtater) won't run the latest versions of G Hub.

Is it the latest version of G Hub? IIRC you need at least the version released late last year or it's not aware of the wheel base 'cause the unit hadn't been released yet.

Anyone have issues with G Hub even recognizing that the wheel is plugged into a computer? Tried both a mac book pro and an older windows laptop and same issue. Does the wheel need to be in a certain setting (PC vs. PS5) or something?
It needs to be on the PC setting, chosen from the platform menu that appears when you power the wheel on. As Monkey Man says, you need to be running the latest version of G HUB too.

Today I bit the bullet. After months of deliberation I ordered the G Pro Wheel + Pedal combo and a NGR 2.0 Stand.

I wouldn't say I'm totally thrilled about the price but I also had the misfortune(?) of trying a Fanatec DD base last year on a conference and my mind was so blown I just couldn't not get a DD wheel. It might be stupid, since I don't have much experience with wheels. This year I managed to grab a decent 65" S95B and I have been drooling for a wheel setup for a while for the PS5 and PC.

My last wheel was a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP so I'm in for an upgrade I think :D. Yeah... I played the crap out of that on a CRT and F1 2001. I think I used it up until 2008 I think? That bastard was loud but amazing for a child like me.

I'm absolutely certain that my skillset doesn't even approach what a wheel like this deserves, having frequented GT Sport and GT7 Sport mode through the years, but hopefully I can once again put some quality time into it. With PSVR2 coming, it was an easier decision. I have a Quest 2 that is not used very much these days by me, but I also managed to win a RTX 4080 a few months ago (talk about insane luck) so VR on PC is also in the picture at this point.

I'm absolutely pumped.

Last edited:
@Igano I canā€™t talk about future roadmap, Iā€™m afraid.
Nah it's OK, you can tell us, we aren't going to tell anyone! :)

My fingers are crossed for a 'Pro' shifter at some point down the line, ideally sooner rather than later of course! My TH8A is absolutely perfect so it's a real shame the PS5 won't allow multiple peripherals.

Would be interesting if there is an adapter for the basic G shifter if an enterprising soul made a TH8A work through it, but I can only assume there are vast layers of Sony protocol evil that would stop something as simplistic as that.

My fingers are crossed for a 'Pro' shifter at some point down the line, ideally sooner rather than later of course! My TH8A is absolutely perfect so it's a real shame the PS5 won't allow multiple peripherals.

Would be interesting if there is an adapter for the basic G shifter if an enterprising soul made a TH8A work through it, but I can only assume there are vast layers of Sony protocol evil that would stop something as simplistic as that.
This could certainly work but I am sure that Logitech would not like TH8 to work with Logitech gear on PS5, that would hurt sales for the PRO shifter.

Like i said before i ordered the SHH shifter as i didn't want to wait. I have used it for a good few hours and i can recommend it (pc only of course)! Especially the sequential mode feels very good. The H pattern mode is mostly like the TH8A but with a shorter throw.
And at ā‚¬100 i can sell it at a small loss at most if i would want to move up to a Logi Pro shifter down the line (or keep it and use it as a handbrake).

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich or anyone else who migth know.

Is the mounting points for screws the same for g pro wheel and pedals, as for g29 wheel and pedals?
The rear two holes are the same but thereā€™s a necessary new hole at the front. Most rigs have a matching hole for that, but if you donā€™t then the clamp can be used (or drill a hole as needed).

The rear two holes are the same but thereā€™s a necessary new hole at the front. Most rigs have a matching hole for that, but if you donā€™t then the clamp can be used (or drill a hole as needed).
Thank you so much and for the pedals are holes in same places on both generic g29 pedals, as pro pedals?

Well, I said it was going to be very, very soon - the Racing Adapter is available now.
The big dial for brake force adjustment is an interesting addition, I guess that's also extra useful if you're pairing G Pro Pedals with a non-Pro wheel base. Nice!

Now that one stop on the roadmap is revealed, does that unlock clues for the next one....? ;)

Yep, the dial is essential if you're connecting the Pro Pedals into the older G-series wheels as they of course otherwise have no method of adjusting the Brake Force on the Pro Pedals.

No clues for roadmap with this one. We have a very, very large install base of people with G-series wheels playing on console who now have a way to upgrade one part at a time depending on budget and what's most important to them. Also, as promised, Pro Wheel owners now have a way of connecting the Driving Force Shifter to their wheel base.

@LOGI_Rich If you would have the whole PRO set (Wheel+Pedals). And time is not an issue but a nice new total PRO ecosystem is...
Would you be tempted to wait for a possible G Pro shifter or would you think the waiting would be too long;)
Not trying to unveil the roadmap by any means of course ;)

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich If you would have the whole PRO set (Wheel+Pedals). And time is not an issue but a nice new total PRO ecosystem is...
Would you be tempted to wait for a possible G Pro shifter or would you think the waiting would be too long;)
Not trying to unveil the roadmap by any means of course ;)
Since they just released an adapter for this issue my guess would be quite a while like 6 months to a year.

I really enjoy my G29 with shifter. It's nice to have a wheel that works on the PS3, PS5 and PC. I'm looking into getting an adapter for it so I can use on my Series X as well. I will have to get check this out as well.

:) @Turboracer I'm afraid I can't offer any guidance other than to point to what's available now.

@crazychris69 This adapter doesn't offer cross platform adaptation. It's there to support the transition from the old method of connectivity (serial ports for the pedals and shifter) to the new method (USB) and back the other way too. It's mainly focused on console where everything has to be connected to the wheel which then presents itself as a single USB device to the console. The main scenarios would be:
  1. If you have a G29, G920, G923 and want to get the Pro Pedals (because a load cell brake is often considered one of the best ways to improve consistency in your racing performance)
  2. If you have a Pro Wheel and want to attach the Driving Force Shifter and/or G29/G920/G923 pedals to it
  3. If you want to connect your G29/G920/G923 pedals and/or Driving Force Shifter directly to your PC

Yep, the dial is essential if you're connecting the Pro Pedals into the older G-series wheels as they of course otherwise have no method of adjusting the Brake Force on the Pro Pedals.

No clues for roadmap with this one. We have a very, very large install base of people with G-series wheels playing on console who now have a way to upgrade one part at a time depending on budget and what's most important to them. Also, as promised, Pro Wheel owners now have a way of connecting the Driving Force Shifter to their wheel base.
This is good to know. I was debating on doing the Ricmotech load-cell mod on my G29 pedals which is $170 shipped. Now if the Pro pedals come back into stock then those would be $390 with the adapter. That's a little over double the price. Then in the future, possibly get the Pro wheel when money allows.

Last edited:
:) @Turboracer I'm afraid I can't offer any guidance other than to point to what's available now.

@crazychris69 This adapter doesn't offer cross platform adaptation. It's there to support the transition from the old method of connectivity (serial ports for the pedals and shifter) to the new method (USB) and back the other way too. It's mainly focused on console where everything has to be connected to the wheel which then presents itself as a single USB device to the console. The main scenarios would be:
  1. If you have a G29, G920, G923 and want to get the Pro Pedals (because a load cell brake is often considered one of the best ways to improve consistency in your racing performance)
  2. If you have a Pro Wheel and want to attach the Driving Force Shifter and/or G29/G920/G923 pedals to it
  3. If you want to connect your G29/G920/G923 pedals and/or Driving Force Shifter directly to your PC
This is what I was looking at but not totally sure about it.

Attachments

• E6BA89EE-E876-460B-8C6E-B0EE7E18DA91.png
    E6BA89EE-E876-460B-8C6E-B0EE7E18DA91.png
    37 KB · Views: 15
Back