Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Interested in your Trueforce settings. I’ve had my wheel for a couple of days (playing GT7 in vr also) and my settings are 60 vibration in game and 100 on the wheel and I feel like I want more. I am on a alloy rig with transducers so that will dilute Trueforce.

What in game vibration setting do you use?

Thanks
Logitech G Pro wheel and in-game settings

I use strictly the settings that Logitech provide in the link above. The vibration strength is 100. Trigger effect (all) is strong, and all vibrations functions are turned on, not that I know it makes any difference!

I've read of some people liking 100%, others like YTuber Karl Gosling despise any TF at all. But the majority seem to prefer 15-50%. Like I said, I have mine betweenn 15-20% most of the time. Yeah, the vibrations from the wheelbase come through to the rig. Wonderful! Mine is an Next Level Racing GT Elite with bucket seat.

I bet you're in Heaven with the new wheel and VR :-)

@LOGI_Rich Are there plans to expand the list of countries the Pro wheel can be shipped to? The current list is pretty small. I'm based in Croatia.

Attachments

• CleanShot 2024-05-06 at 12.30.35@2x.png
    CleanShot 2024-05-06 at 12.30.35@2x.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
Yes and no. For the Logitech shifter you do need the adapter. Other shifters will work with a 3rd party adapter. I use Drivehub which allows me to use other shifters, I have a Frex Hshift+, works flawlessly on console with this wheel.
What's the shifter like? I've not been in the market for one until recently and ruled out the Fanatec as too expensive and the TM looking toy-like. I bought a Moza HGP and DriveHub thinking it would be compatible, but nope. I've got a brick. I'll hang on to it until Collective Minds issue drivers. Until then, it is the old Logitech shifter, lol.

But the DriveHub itself is amazing. To feel the full 11nm after being used to the capped 7/8 nm is a real shock. It took me a couple of days to get used to the forces it can generate (11nm? I think it may be closer to 13-15nm), but wow, what a wheel.

I use strictly the settings that Logitech provide in the link above. The vibration strength is 100. Trigger effect (all) is strong, and all vibrations functions are turned on, not that I know it makes any difference!

I've read of some people liking 100%, others like YTuber Karl Gosling despise any TF at all. But the majority seem to prefer 15-50%. Like I said, I have mine betweenn 15-20% most of the time. Yeah, the vibrations from the wheelbase come through to the rig. Wonderful! Mine is an Next Level Racing GT Elite with bucket seat.

Great thank you, I’ll keep messing around with the settings and try some of the suggested options.

I’m coming from a TM t-gt and the logi is hands down better than the TM, but I’ll get the drivehub as I didn’t realise GT7 limited the power when directly plugged in.

A wheel and VR is 100% the way to go, so good!

can someone explain to me why the drivehub increase the Force Feedback of this wheel?
PD puts a cap on this wheel due to "safety concerns". It's total bs and no clue why they do it. Simplest explanation to the drivehub solution.... PD only allows an output of up to ~72% of the available 100% reference FFB signal... The drivehub takes that reference signal and applies a multiplier based on user selected amount that is up to the full 100%, which will give you the full 11nm torque.

PD puts a cap on this wheel due to "safety concerns". It's total bs and no clue why they do it. Simplest explanation to the drivehub solution.... PD only allows an output of up to ~72% of the available 100% reference FFB signal... The drivehub takes that reference signal and applies a multiplier based on user selected amount that is up to the full 100%, which will give you the full 11nm torque.
is the FF capped to 72% on PC as well? or just on consoles?

When you use these settings make sure you also use the settings from the jpegs on the last column.

This is especially important for the difference in feeling you'll get for TrueForce. For example: I think default rumble settings in-game for GT7 are 100, but the logi recommended for in-game is 35. So if your wheel base is set to the suggested 100 for TF, it'll be multiple times more exaggerated than how they suggest you should feel it.

I use their suggestions as a starting point and make my own adjustments from there.

When you use these settings make sure you also use the settings from the jpegs on the last column.

This is especially important for the difference in feeling you'll get for TrueForce. For example: I think default rumble settings in-game for GT7 are 100, but the logi recommended for in-game is 35. So if your wheel base is set to the suggested 100 for TF, it'll be multiple times more exaggerated than how they suggest you should feel it.

I use their suggestions as a starting point and make my own adjustments from there.
I haven't checked since I implemented those settings a LONG time ago, but I'm pretty sure I did take note, thankyou. That's a very good tip for people who may just look at the page and not realise. Legend.

My Logitech G Pro wheels cables have started to fray - anyone else with the same issue? I'm using electrical tape to hold it together at the moment but I'm wondering why the connections seem very flimsy

My Logitech G Pro wheels cables have started to fray - anyone else with the same issue? I'm using electrical tape to hold it together at the moment but I'm wondering why the connections seem very flimsy
How!? I've had mine for a year and a half and no cable issues what so ever. Mine is parked in front of my TV or stored upright on my rig to the side, moved once or twice a week. I unplug the power and wrap the ps5 usb cord neatly around the right shift paddle when stored. Everything else remains plugged in.

I can't imagine under normal use how cords would get "frayed" unless you have cats that enjoy the taste of rubber or over-zealous kids that are yanking on them constantly. (I have dogs cats and kids and none of this has happened)

My Logitech G Pro wheels cables have started to fray
I'm not sure if this is the same issue you have, but I do remember from sometime way back in this thread there was a couple of incidents where someone's cable had separated from the plastic plug. I can't remember if it was the power or USB. I've not had this problem, again over a year and a half. Although to be fair I don't often disconnect them. But when I do, I always grab and pull from the plug itself, not on the cable. And when connected they are cable tied and supported.

Maybe worth contacting support to see if they can supply new cables.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue you have, but I do remember from sometime way back in this thread there was a couple of incidents where someone's cable had separated from the plastic plug. I can't remember if it was the power or USB. I've not had this problem, again over a year and a half. Although to be fair I don't often disconnect them. But when I do, I always grab and pull from the plug itself, not on the cable. And when connected they are cable tied and supported.

Maybe worth contacting support to see if they can supply new cables.
Here’s a picture of the fraying

The weight of the plastic comes over time probably caused it but it’s a little disconcerting given i only owned the wheel for 3 months
IMG_4595.jpeg

Here’s a picture of the fraying
Yes it looks like the issue that I remembered, splitting around the plug area. Whilst they shouldn't split at all they do drop straight down in your picture, so perhaps a bit of support might help hold them up more.

I've clipped mine together and to the wheel mount on my rig so there's not any pull on them.
IMG_20240507_125728_181.jpg

They are the USB cables so could be replaced with alternatives - if you couldn't get any from Logitech support. The mini one is shaped to fit in the base though, so might need a bit of modification.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, on both ends of the cable, with about 8 months of use. I contacted support and they sent me a new one. I think it's a good idea to do something like @IfAndOr to prevent this. I just wrapped more tape around mine, especially on the side that connects to the PS5.

Yes it looks like the issue that I remembered, splitting around the plug area. Whilst they shouldn't split at all they do drop straight down in your picture, so perhaps a bit of support might help hold them up more.

I've clipped mine together and to the wheel mount on my rig so there's not any pull on them.
View attachment 1353567

They are the USB cables so could be replaced with alternatives - if you couldn't get any from Logitech support. The mini one is shaped to fit in the base though, so might need a bit of modification.
Hello, I see that you've installed lowdown shifter mods on your Playseat Challenge. Which ones did you install? Are you satisfied with them?

With their rubberised coating the supplied cables do feel like premium items. And certainly the rubber adds to the flexibility, especially when routing the cables around anywhere. But that thiner rubber can crack more easily than thicker cables if bent regularly. Perhaps making the cables thicker up to the inline smoothers/suppressors might help reduce the problem. Something for Logitech to think about maybe.

Hello, I see that you've installed lowdown shifter mods on your Playseat Challenge. Which ones did you install? Are you satisfied with them?
Hi there. That's a Playseat Trophy, not a Challenge. The bar you can see is part of the frame. I don't have any mods other than adding an official Playseat shifter and handbrake mount. It's a sturdy thing. Although I'm still waiting for something to mount on it. Yes, yes, everyone, I know Drivehub. 😉

With their rubberised coating the supplied cables do feel like premium items. And certainly the rubber adds to the flexibility, especially when routing the cables around anywhere. But that thiner rubber can crack more easily than thicker cables if bent regularly. Perhaps making the cables thicker up to the inline smoothers/suppressors might help reduce the problem. Something for Logitech to think about maybe.

Hi there. That's a Playseat Trophy, not a Challenge. The bar you can see is part of the frame. I don't have any mods other than adding an official Playseat shifter and handbrake mount. It's a sturdy thing. Although I'm still waiting for something to mount on it. Yes, yes, everyone, I know Drivehub. 😉

Sorry, I quoted the wrong message, I was talking to @levoodoo ! 😉

I’ve got a few of them. I went for the modded Challenge route as I needed the rig to be put away from time to time

I think the stabilizer for the steering mount and the pedal base plate are essential. The rest are added as you need (for eg the pedal did slip if I was applying a lot of brake force so I got the pedal chassis sliding system and the other bells and whistles)

Works very well, but my main concern was to stow it away when not in use (about every weekend) so I have the space available.

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpeg
    IMG_4597.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 7
I’ve got a few of them. I went for the modded Challenge route as I needed the rig to be put away from time to time

I think the stabilizer for the steering mount and the pedal base plate are essential. The rest are added as you need (for eg the pedal did slip if I was applying a lot of brake force so I got the pedal chassis sliding system and the other bells and whistles)

Works very well, but my main concern was to stow it away when not in use (about every weekend) so I have the space available.
Thanks for your feedback! I actually just ordered stabiliser for the steering mount, the pedal base plate and the pedal châssis connector . I hope to have much less movement on the playseat.

I have the same issue just after couple months using. Wrapped it with tape for now.
I’ve got some cable management now - but also will ask if Logitech can provide some replacement cables given it’s only been 3 months since I got the wheel!

Attachments

• IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 6

View attachment 1353567

As a fellow Trophy owner, have you got a link to those clips? They look just the job.

As a fellow Trophy owner, have you got a link to those clips? They look just the job.
Actually I've no idea where they came from. They'd been hanging around for ages, possibly packing clips from something I'd bought and thought they might come in useful sometime. And that sometime came when I assembled the rig and wheel. So sorry, not exactly...

... but something like this might do the trick I'd think.
Self Adhesive Cable Management Clips

Or perhaps this
[3 in 1] Spring Cable Holder Clips

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume now that the G-Pro will actually not become an ecosystem and is just a one-off?

It's decision making time for me. It has been for a while. Feels like I've waited long enough.

Any news that I've missed maybe?

Is it safe to assume now that the G-Pro will actually not become an ecosystem and is just a one-off?

It's decision making time for me. It has been for a while. Feels like I've waited long enough.

Any news that I've missed maybe?
Sounds like we wont know anything conclusive till November. Personally i dont think we’ll see anything like a Fanatech or Moza ecosystem from logitech. I’d be willing to bet 1 formula wheel and shifter, and maaaayyyybeee a handbrake, probably likely a handbrake given Logirich’s post a few pages back about how good a handbrake is in wrc. But i think anyone waiting for 5+ wheels from logitech, would be foolish, and would be a pipe dream given Logitech’s history/ company size and considering their progress so far. But if you look at the drama with Fanatech currently, thats not a bet i would want to count on for the near future or long term success. If you’re talking about console use. There's really only one choice as of current day. But it really is a well delivered one choice, imho!. But then Drivehub… 🤷‍♂️

Nobody expected DD from Logitech in the near future, but out of nowhere it's almost 2 years in the market, so.... who knows what future will bring to us.

I dont want or expect anything, I'm perfectly satisfied with the product, but if there is a good GT3 wheel, I might open my pocket.

I have one wheel only but seing how it goes for Fanatec, I'm happy I waited enough to get the Logitech DD, considering console support out of the box is very important for me.

Last edited:
Back