Logitech G wheel Pots

• Thread starter WyldAnimal
  • 11 comments
WyldAnimal_
I recently had a discussion about the Pots in the Logitech G series pedals
All the Pots are the Same
So you can Swap the Clutch Pot for the Brake or Throttle

I have not located a source for Identical replacement.
All the replacement Pots I've tested are Linear 10K pots, and they do not provide the same resolution or Steps
as the OEM Logarithmic 10K Pots do.

here are pictures from my research on the pots, my Notes below, also in a text file in the folder

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArPFg5yKGdXip1VcC5AQTBtPU4Xg

G25, G27, G29
Pedal Pots
They are a special type of 10K ohm Pot.
these have 6 fingers, and use a Logarithmic scale
instead of the Standard Linear Scale.
The centre Carbon ring gives the Pot a Minimum Resistance, it never drops all the way to Zero.
35 ohms is what I measured
They also are only 180 degree pots
When the Resistance values are measured, it really is only a 100 degree range.

I bought what many web sites and blogs, claimed to be the replacements.
Yes they are 10K pots, but that is the only thing the replacements have in common.
I compared the replacements Side by Side to the OEM pots.
The replacement Pots are Linear, and have almost a full 300 degree range.
While they will give some pedal values, you won't have the full 256 steps of the Standard Logitech Pedals.
So they probably will work, but with Limited control steps.

The OEM pots
These can be custom ordered, but the minimum order quantity I could find was 10,000 pcs
If I could track the MFG that supplies Logitech, Maybe they would sell a smaller Quantity.
So far, I have not had any luck with that.
Cleaning the POTS will only work a few times.
What happens is the 6 fingers wear out the carbon deposits and just can read any more
You Might be able to Double the Life, by Slightly bending each finger so it's in the Middle of where it used to be.
So it's got Fresh, Not Worn carbon under them.

Images with full sweep of 360 degree lines ( 1 every 10 degree )
the Inner set of Numbers are the Measured Values from the replacement Pots.
the Outer set of Numbers are the Values of the OEM Pots.
After the 100 degree range, the Measurement for the rest of the rotation remained constant.

please share if you have any information on where to find the OEM style POTs

Jeez... It seems like I don't have much options...

I've researched the hall sensors aswell and apparently they don't work well with the brakes... I don't see any options.

I've solved this, if you're still interested. Have installed a replacement and working fine on ps4 GTS
I have already started down the same path as you and wasted money on POT's that people claim are replacements. Keen to hear how you solved this?

Can't you just use ordinary logarithmic potentiometers, commonly used in audio equipment? E.g. this is a 10k log, D shaped 11mm diameter. They also have other dimensions availble.
There is also a 12 Euro pot replacement kit from 3drap:
pot_replacement_logi_3drap_pot.jpg

This makes it possible to use standard shaft pots in the pedal.

Last edited:
I don’t think it is as simple as that.
Those in the link state they are tested on the pc only and need to be calibrated with the software. I’m using a PS4 so it’s not an option for me

The original pots are very specific. Other pots will work to some degree but the travel on the pedal will be different. The pots I have tested you need to turn almost 180 degrees from no brake/throttle to full brake/throttle. The original pots only turn a fraction for this

Hi guys, sorry for not replying earlier, I don't know why I didn't get any notification.... Strange..

All rotational pots will NOT work on GTS because they are designed to work over the full range of rotation (usually 300 degrees), but your pedal only rotates 60 degrees (approx) and GTS has no calibration feature for the zero point. On PC (or games with calibration) you can simply recalibrate the zero and maximum accelerator point to match whatever pot you put in.

Full description of the problem and solution is here....

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/where-to-find-replacement-potentiometer-for-g27.385472/

I recently had a discussion about the Pots in the Logitech G series pedals
All the Pots are the Same
So you can Swap the Clutch Pot for the Brake or Throttle

I have not located a source for Identical replacement.
All the replacement Pots I've tested are Linear 10K pots, and they do not provide the same resolution or Steps
as the OEM Logarithmic 10K Pots do.

here are pictures from my research on the pots, my Notes below, also in a text file in the folder

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArPFg5yKGdXip1VcC5AQTBtPU4Xg

G25, G27, G29
Pedal Pots
They are a special type of 10K ohm Pot.
these have 6 fingers, and use a Logarithmic scale
instead of the Standard Linear Scale.
The centre Carbon ring gives the Pot a Minimum Resistance, it never drops all the way to Zero.
35 ohms is what I measured
They also are only 180 degree pots
When the Resistance values are measured, it really is only a 100 degree range.

I bought what many web sites and blogs, claimed to be the replacements.
Yes they are 10K pots, but that is the only thing the replacements have in common.
I compared the replacements Side by Side to the OEM pots.
The replacement Pots are Linear, and have almost a full 300 degree range.
While they will give some pedal values, you won't have the full 256 steps of the Standard Logitech Pedals.
So they probably will work, but with Limited control steps.

The OEM pots
These can be custom ordered, but the minimum order quantity I could find was 10,000 pcs
If I could track the MFG that supplies Logitech, Maybe they would sell a smaller Quantity.
So far, I have not had any luck with that.
Cleaning the POTS will only work a few times.
What happens is the 6 fingers wear out the carbon deposits and just can read any more
You Might be able to Double the Life, by Slightly bending each finger so it's in the Middle of where it used to be.
So it's got Fresh, Not Worn carbon under them.

Images with full sweep of 360 degree lines ( 1 every 10 degree )
the Inner set of Numbers are the Measured Values from the replacement Pots.
the Outer set of Numbers are the Values of the OEM Pots.
After the 100 degree range, the Measurement for the rest of the rotation remained constant.

please share if you have any information on where to find the OEM style POTs

Great research Your info helped a lot ! However I decided to go with loadcell and Im building one from single loadcell from digital scale.
Greetings

Great post TY for the info. I decided to go with digital scale loadcell and Im building one.Will make post when finished
Greetings
:gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back