Logitech G27 Clutch & Manual Shifter Doesn't Work For GT6

United States
Virginia
Hi all. This is a question and or FYI for those of you who have a G27 Wheel.

Today I tried using the manual transmission setting for GT6 using my 6-month old G27 wheel, on
Y to discover that neither the clutch or manual shifter worked. I tried missing around with the settings, recalibrating the wheel, and eventually called Logitech for help. Long story short, he thought my wheel was defective and was prepared to allow me to exchange my G27 for a new one. However, before we got to that he asked me to try why wheel on GT5 and the clutch/shifter worked fine. So, his conclusion was that the G27 wheel is not fully compatible with GT6, at least not the clutch and manual shifter.

Has anyone else had this problem with their G27 and the new GT6 game? If so, has anyone contacted the makers of GT6 to find out if a patch will be released? I've also noticed quite a bit of understeer when playing GT6, even when using tunes created by the elite tuners here on GTPlanet. So now I'm also wondering if this compatibility issue goes beyond the clutch and manual shifter.

Is anyone has any feedback I would greatly appreciate it. If no one has reported this issue to the makers of GT6, I will happily call them on behalf of the G27 owners in this community.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a great and safe holiday season!

Have you install fully customizable dog-clutch?
That could be an issue, if you did try a stock car and see if it works

It's been reported on here before. You can check the other threads to see what others have done to trouble shoot the problem. Although I don't there is a resolution yet.

I have the same issues. To me, it seems like its just random. I have cars with the dog-clutch that work and some that do not.

I think it's just another bug that PD has to patch in the future.

Have you install fully customizable dog-clutch?
That could be an issue, if you did try a stock car and see if it works
^^This!

If you're using a "standard" car with fully customizable/dog clutch transmission, it won't let you use your shifter/clutch.

Other than that, my wheel (G27) works to the fullest. It's fully supported!

EDIT: There might be a few "premiums" that don't work either.

^^This!

If you're using a "standard" car with fully customizable/dog clutch transmission, it won't let you use your shifter/clutch.

Other than that, my wheel (G27) works to the fullest. It's fully supported!

EDIT: There might be a few "premiums" that don't work either.
Yea because of that I been using stock gears unless the car comes with paddle shifters

And I've been careering since I can't find a decent race room that's fair and clean so there's no need for me to buy dog clutch

And I've been careering since I can't find a decent race room that's fair and clean so there's no need for me to buy dog clutch

Same here. Its usually drag rooms when I look. I like to use 450 to 550 SH tires. If I get lucky I can find a room with the right PP but they all want to use SS tires at the least.

Sorry for going off topic.

My G27 (clutch and manual shifter) works fine except for some newer cars thats use paddle shifter.

Clutch and shifter only works on cars that had a clutch and 6-speed as an option.

Cars with sequential/double clutch/paddles will not recognize the clutch, but can be shifted with the stick or paddles (no neutral available, no clutch kicks/dumps =( )

Cars with dogs must be shifted with paddles.

Cars with only automatic or "D" (like electrics) can't be shifted AND revert you to AT in the driving settings.

Clutch and shifter only works on cars that had a clutch and 6-speed as an option.

Cars with sequential/double clutch/paddles will not recognize the clutch, but can be shifted with the stick or paddles (no neutral available, no clutch kicks/dumps =( )

Cars with dogs must be shifted with paddles.

Cars with only automatic or "D" (like electrics) can't be shifted AND revert you to AT in the driving settings.

Wow. I am impressed with the car knowledge you folks have and I'm not being sarcastic at all.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am gonna call them and see what the deal is. In the mean time, can you explain in laments terms (as I am the lame here:dunce:). I typically drive with auto on tougher, seasonal events, but I do like to use the manual tranny option to make an easy race more fun. Thanks again guys!

Edit: Actually I found that it does work with some cars. Still not sure exactly why one car works and another doesn't. One car that it doesn't work on is the 2J which is disappointing since it has only 3 speeds so it's really easy to drive manually. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
In lay-mans terms, as requested:

Clutch works with the majority of cars, basically anything that could have come with a manual IRL.

Camaros, corvettes, 240sx, 300zx, supra's, mustangs, chargers, RUF's, almost all cars before 2000, all work fine with clutch

Stuff like the (R35 series) Skylines and new Mitsu Evo (both came with paddles irl) and cars with more than 6 speeds like the Lexus ISF-No neutral, shifter can still be used, No clutch (cars literally do not have a clutch pedal IRL)

Stuff like the Tesla, CR-Z, Prius, basic (non-shifter) karts, are forced AT (or "D")-will persist after vehicle swap. (again, cars literally do not have a clutch or shifter)

Anything you install the dog-clutch transmission on can only be paddle shifted. Anything that comes stock with that transmission (aka, any car you can adjust transmission settings on as soon as you purchase, mostly race cars) can only be shifted with paddles, clutch never works, ignores shifter location.

Sucks for stuff like Nascar, where you basically need a custom tranny, and still want to shift like a man (or, like they do IRL at the very least). Also sucks for cars with wacky transmissions, like the older RX7's geared for a 220mph top speed that only have the power to hit maybe 155. Car is so much faster with proper gears, but then you can't drive it with a clutch anymore.

Last edited:
Can any of you guys comment on how your wheels' alignment holds up? I started another thread on this, since I found nothing related.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/logitech-g27-alignment-from-1-01-to-1-02-ruined.295341/

I always thought it was my wheel being crap until going from GT6 1.01 to 1.02, it went from barely ever going out of alignment to going out of alignment very easily.

It was so great to no longer have this issue (it was pretty bad in GT5) and with it back in force, I just loathe driving any tail-happy (i.e. FUN) cars because I'll sometimes have to reset the wheel a few times per race. I try to just ignore the misalignment but it's terribly annoying and often affects my driving when I need to be really focused.

I might have to dig out the old DFGT, I know it never went out of alignment. How ridiculous.

Fredzy,

Check the "hardware" forum for gt5, it's a very well known issue with G27's and there are some tutorials on how to open and fix it. All you need is a philips screwdriver and an allen key.

It's a symptom of a loose or cracked encoder wheel within the wheel. (http://cmlaserservice.com) has a brass replacement for $40, but some people on the forums have had success with just opening the unit and tightening the 2 screws that hold the encoder to the motor.

I'm sure you can imagine how all of the vibration/turning/jerking/headbanging slowly wiggles one little piece loose.

Personally, I had the same thing. Calibrates fine, works fine, but once you drove like a madman it would cock to the 10 o'clock position on straights (or worse) but still function just fine. Pull the USB and plug it back in, and it would re-calibrate to center and work fine for a while. Mine was cracked, not loose, and the brass one works awesome. Even 5 hour marathon sessions driving like a maniac doing donuts/rally/drifting doesn't throw it out of whack. $40 was worth saving a $300 wheel that's fine otherwise.

Fredzy,

Check the "hardware" forum for gt5, it's a very well known issue with G27's and there are some tutorials on how to open and fix it. All you need is a philips screwdriver and an allen key.
:eek:
Thanks a million for the tip, sounds like this is it! I'll try and salvage what I have for now, otherwise I'll order the parts. Sweet.

I've found that the SL 500 AMG (I think) doesn't allow me to use the clutch, even with a standard gearbox. It seems like that car was only available in Auto, as there is no animation at all when I change gears. :lol:

It's a strange one though. Some cars it works, some cars it doesn't.

SL 500 AMG is a 7-speed, no?

FYI, modern SL's only came with an AT. Last manual was 2002 model year if I remember right.

Paddles are a concession...

It's not strange at all, it's the way it is in real life.

SL 500 AMG is a 7-speed, no?

FYI, modern SL's only came with an AT. Last manual was 2002 model year if I remember right.

Paddles are a concession...

It's not strange at all, it's the way it is in real life.
Mine doesn't have paddles. xD

Hi all. This is a question and or FYI for those of you who have a G27 Wheel.

Today I tried using the manual transmission setting for GT6 using my 6-month old G27 wheel, on
Y to discover that neither the clutch or manual shifter worked. I tried missing around with the settings, recalibrating the wheel, and eventually called Logitech for help. Long story short, he thought my wheel was defective and was prepared to allow me to exchange my G27 for a new one. However, before we got to that he asked me to try why wheel on GT5 and the clutch/shifter worked fine. So, his conclusion was that the G27 wheel is not fully compatible with GT6, at least not the clutch and manual shifter.

Has anyone else had this problem with their G27 and the new GT6 game? If so, has anyone contacted the makers of GT6 to find out if a patch will be released? I've also noticed quite a bit of understeer when playing GT6, even when using tunes created by the elite tuners here on GTPlanet. So now I'm also wondering if this compatibility issue goes beyond the clutch and manual shifter.

Is anyone has any feedback I would greatly appreciate it. If no one has reported this issue to the makers of GT6, I will happily call them on behalf of the G27 owners in this community.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a great and safe holiday season!

My g27 works fine. If the car is paddle shift or has been modified it may not work,.but if you can use the clutch right, it is actually faster or just as good as a modified clutch with the controller. I think the clutch function with the g27 is more accurate to realism in gran turismo 6.

If you want to use the clutch and shifter then as the race is starting you need to have you're foot on the clutch and the shifter in whatever gear you screen displays :)

Latest Posts

Back