Logitech G29 not working (PS4)

• Thread starter jmfangio
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
I recently received a Logitech G29 and it was working perfectly on PS4 until I tried Project Cars 2, after which the force feedback completely stopped working as it should across all games. There is a constant clattering sound, little to no wheel weight and lethargic steering. The wheel weight returns when I turn my PS4 off and on again with the game still running but then there is no other FFB (eg doesn't recognise rumble strips, collision with other cars/walls and doesn't respond to loss of control). I contacted Logitech who were quite unhelpful, then received a replacement from the supplier, however the problems have persisted, leading me to think it is a firmware issue. Is anyone aware of how I can fix this? Thanks in advance

Hi there,

The G29 firmware hasn't changed since launch 5 years ago - there are no issues with it so there's never been a requirement to update. If you're getting the same behaviour with two wheels then it's very likely that what you're experiencing is correct behaviour because there are no other variables; the version of our SDK that's included in PC2 hasn't changed as they haven't updated the title in a while (and have no plans to do so again) and the PS4 is an otherwise locked-down system. We would need a lot more info about the games that you're trying and the actual force feedback settings that you have in said games. Video of the wheel in action would also help.

Hi there,

The G29 firmware hasn't changed since launch 5 years ago - there are no issues with it so there's never been a requirement to update. If you're getting the same behaviour with two wheels then it's very likely that what you're experiencing is correct behaviour because there are no other variables; the version of our SDK that's included in PC2 hasn't changed as they haven't updated the title in a while (and have no plans to do so again) and the PS4 is an otherwise locked-down system. We would need a lot more info about the games that you're trying and the actual force feedback settings that you have in said games. Video of the wheel in action would also help.

Hi LOGI_Rich, thanks for your reply. I was unaware that firmware had not changed since release. The problem affects the following games: F1 2019, F1 2016, GT Sport, PC2 and Dirt Rally 2.0. Whilst I appreciate that many of the things I've noticed (eg clicking) is simply a feature of the wheel, I feel I have definitely noticed a change in wheel behaviour since purchase. An example of this is in Dirt Rally 2.0, where when I launch the game there is good FFB in the sense that the wheel responds to on screen events (eg loss of traction) and adjusts accordingly but there is almost 0 wheel weight, which does not change irrespective of in-game setting changes. If I restart the PS4 with the game suspended, wheel weight returns but all other settings feel muted, eg) the wheel feels rigid and does not seem to be 'fighting' me as much. (The same issue occurs in GT Sport where it seems I have to choose between wheel weight or responsive FFB, with no recognition of collisions/rumble strips). I had been playing F1 2016 as that was the only game that had been working, but now it seems affected too. The wheel seems to snap-back to a slightly off-centred position during loss of traction rather than rotate to each side as it had been doing before and wheel weight seems to again be compromised while in F1 2019, beyond shaking constantly FFB (especially over kerbs) seems to be absent when the wheel is turned beyond 45 degrees either way.

I am not currently at home so cannot provide specific FFB settings or video at the moment, but from memory my F1 2019 settings are the standard one albeit with 'On-Track Effects' set to 20, overal FBB strength 70 and wheel damper at 5. My Dirt Rally 2.0 settings are standard and in any case, adjusting them seems to have no effect on wheel weight on either wheel. GT Sport settings are FFB Torque at 5 and Sensitivity at 2.

Apologies for the essay, will try to attach video when I get the chance.

The wheel feeling different after the system suspends and restarts is a known issue. The wheel can feel different (heavier) then and is wrong. If this happens, unplug it and reconnect it.

I recently received a Logitech G29 and it was working perfectly on PS4 until I tried Project Cars 2, after which the force feedback completely stopped working as it should across all games. There is a constant clattering sound, little to no wheel weight and lethargic steering. The wheel weight returns when I turn my PS4 off and on again with the game still running but then there is no other FFB (eg doesn't recognise rumble strips, collision with other cars/walls and doesn't respond to loss of control). I contacted Logitech who were quite unhelpful, then received a replacement from the supplier, however the problems have persisted, leading me to think it is a firmware issue. Is anyone aware of how I can fix this? Thanks in advance
Hi

I’m experiencing the exact same problems as you are. I played project cars 2 for a couple hours with absolutely zero problems until I came back some hours later, only to find my wheel acting super weird (like you explain it). Btw my wheel is completely new, I just received it yesterday.
I tried out dirt rally 2.0 but the problems persisted. When I replug the usb, the wheel starts acting normally again, but then returns to the same state after starting a race.

Did you find any solution?

Last edited:
Back