Logitech G29 Settings PS4 F1 2018

• Thread starter supermiff
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Xsh00taX
Hey guys, just picked up f1 2018 and I’m struggling to get the force feedback right on my G29. I’d love to hear what settings others G29 owners are using.

I am in exactly the same situation like you, just bought the game, have a G29 and the default force feedback and the rumble are way to heavy, I lowered them a lot, maybe 50% down and still try the settings. I guess it's up to you how you like them.

I’m still tinkering at the minute but I’m starting to favour a heavier ff setting with lighter track effects.

FF : 100
Track effects : 10
Wheel : 360
Dampning : 90

I’m not to sure exactly what dampening does so I’m still experimenting.

Here are mine, I will probably change it again though.

Vibration and FFB strength: 65
On track effects: 25
Rumblestrip effects: 30
Off track effects: 30

The rest is default.

Brilliant settings, works really well with the g27 hooked up with the Cronus+ adaptor.

How is this? I just picked the game up on sale and my G29 is constantly clipping. I'm afraid it's gonna break if I don't find a decent setting.

Had these settings from way back when F1 2018 first came out and was enjoying the feel. I’m using the same setup as you, G29 on PS4 too. Hope this helps.

Vibration & Force Feedback Strength - 62
On Track Effects - 15
Rumblestrip Effects - 15
Off Track Effects - 7
Wheel Weight - 0
Maximum Wheel Rotation - 360
Understeer Enhance - On

Thanks, I'll check it out

Had a bit of a play around with the game earlier on and found some new Settings I’m very happy with ...

Vibration & Force Feedback Strength - 80
On Track Effects - 30
Rumblestrip Effects - 40
Off Track Effects - 30
Wheel Damper - 5
Understeer Enhance - On

I might play about a little further with the on and off track effects but for now these settings are working great for me. Feels awesome

Last edited:
Here is an updated version of mine, I did what I could to dial out the clipping since I’m super paranoid that it will break my wheel.

Vibration and ffb - 53
On track - 12
Rumblestrip - 12
Off track - 12
Wheel damper - 7

Understeer enhance - off
The rest is default I think

Maximum wheel rotation is default at 360. Would increasing this make it more comfortable or at least more familiar like other racing games?

The wheel also feels so heavy compared to every other game. What's that about and can it be lowered?

Last edited:
Maximum wheel rotation is default at 360. Would increasing this make it more comfortable or at least more familiar like other racing games?

The wheel also feels so heavy compared to every other game. What's that about and can it be lowered?

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to add any more wheel rotation. The cars are too fast for more rotation imo, especially on the tight tracks like Monaco and Hungary. I might even lower mine to 270 next time to try it out, I feel like I'd be a little quicker and more precise with that.

I'm also not sure if you can adjust the wheel resistance in this one. I think we were able to do that in 2017?

Last edited:
Here is an updated version of mine, I did what I could to dial out the clipping since I’m super paranoid that it will break my wheel.

Vibration and ffb - 53
On track - 12
Rumblestrip - 12
Off track - 12
Wheel damper - 7

Understeer enhance - off
The rest is default I think
Thank you for these, I will try them later. Would you be so kind as to let me know the wheel rotation you are using?
Regards

Hey guys, just picked up f1 2018 and I’m struggling to get the force feedback right on my G29. I’d love to hear what settings others G29 owners are using.
FFB is never the same for all drivers, somebody likes heavy, somebody light, I suggest you to test every 5 steps starting 100 ( 95-90-85..) you will find the best FFB for you.

Back