Logitech G29

Italy
Lucca, Italy
Hi guys,
After years of play with the DualShock, i've bought the Logitech G29 (it will come to me next week) with the Driving Force Shifter!
I was undecided between the G29 and the Thrustmaster T150+T3PA PRO..

What you think about the Logitech G29? Have I made a good choice?
What are the best setup for play GT Sport with this steering wheel?

Last edited:
Hi guys,
After years of play with the DualShock, i've bought the Logitech G29 (it will come to me next week) with the Driving Force Shifter!
I was undecided between the G29 and the Thrustmaster T150+T3PA PRO..

What you think about the Logitech G29? I've made a good choice?
What are the best setup for play GT Sport with this steering wheel?
In the same boat as you. The missus got a G29 for me for Christmas! Force feedback is awesome!

T300 is on sale for $250 , $300 with upgraded pedals. This makes for a compelling decision . On the one hand t300 can be unreliable but undeniably better than g29. IMO even the t150 is better than g29 . For g29, pedals and reliability are all it really has going for it. Rotary encoder not all it's made out to be. Button layout is horrendous. After all that , just based on my past experience with TM I would go with the G29. With GT sport specifically, the t150 and by extension the t300 will be the better performing wheel, because they have the the strenght to allow you to run low in game torque which frees up detail. In comparison The g29 doesn't have enough power to give both , you are going to be giving up a ton of detail to get decent resistance from the wheel.

Last edited:
Whats the official wheel for GT sport, and whats is the preferred easy solution for a stand?
The official GT one is really expensive this time around. The Driving Force GT on PS3 was a fairly budget item, but they've gone higher end for PS4. Stick with a G29.

I've got mine attached to my desk in my office currently, but I did find that an Ikea Poang chair, with the wheel attached to a WorkMate with its legs folded in and the pedals on the frame bit underneath, gave a near perfect driving position if you don't want to buy a dedicated stand!

If you only play GTS then G29 is a great value choice. If you are planning on doing any PC racing and/or more sim-like titles like AC or PC2 then I'd recommend spending a bit extra on the T300RS as the pedals have the extra resolution which is noticeably different on those titles when trying to control throttle application.

If you only play GTS then G29 is a great value choice. If you are planning on doing any PC racing and/or more sim-like titles like AC or PC2 then I'd recommend spending a bit extra on the T300RS as the pedals have the extra resolution which is noticeably different on those titles when trying to control throttle application.
GTS and F1 games, Also euro truck sim2 on pc

Do you guys have problem with that red dial too? I have tu turn mine wildly around to be able to change tcs and such. At the start of a race, during the countdown, it works fine but as soon as i have turned the wheel it doesnt recognize most ofbthe input i give.

Always wondered if its my wheel only :odd:

Do you guys have problem with that red dial too? I have tu turn mine wildly around to be able to change tcs and such. At the start of a race, during the countdown, it works fine but as soon as i have turned the wheel it doesnt recognize most ofbthe input i give.

Yep, that's an issue that's been around since the beta. I reported it back then but the issue is still there. I'm not sure if it's even GT Sport causing the problem or if it's a hardware limitation. Works fine when not turning the wheel but as soon you do the dial doesn't work most of the time.

GTS and F1 games, Also euro truck sim2 on pc

I think you'll do fine. In my experience (and that may not be the same with everybody of course) console versions of 'sim-like' games like F1, Dirt Rally, etc. do not suffer as much from lower resolution throttles as on their PC counterparts. I had a G920 (the Xbox version of the G29) which i used on my XBO to play Assetto Corsa and it did just fine. However, when I plugged it into my PC I could really tell the difference between it and my T300RS pedals (the wheels obviously feel different), in that on some highly powered or high-torque cars it was a fair bit more difficult to control the throttle coming out of corners. Of course this may be 'fixed' by using traction control but if you want to play with no assists (on PC) you'll notice a difference. Other than that the Logitech stuff is great. I still have my good (very) old DFGT in case of emergencies and that wheel has been used and abused and still works as new, strong and responsive as the day I bought it many years ago.

G29 is an excellent wheel for GTSport. The wheel has better control options than the T300 stock rim which is surprising considering PD has a partnership with Thrustmaster. Go figure. Guess they want everyone to buy the T-GT. I’ve already invested enough $ in my rig, don’t need to shell an additional $400 for the the ‘officials wheel for GTS but I digress.

I had a problem at first too but I have found the trick is to put your thumb beneath the dial and rotate it, this way it responds immediately 9 out of 10 times.

Same here. I think it is a GTS bug.

T300 is on sale for $250 , $300 with upgraded pedals. This makes for a compelling decision . On the one hand t300 can be unreliable but undeniably better than g29. IMO even the t150 is better than g29 . For g29, pedals and reliability are all it really has going for it. Rotary encoder not all it's made out to be. Button layout is horrendous. After all that , just based on my past experience with TM I would go with the G29. With GT sport specifically, the t150 and by extension the t300 will be the better performing wheel, because they have the the strenght to allow you to run low in game torque which frees up detail. In comparison The g29 doesn't have enough power to give both , you are going to be giving up a ton of detail to get decent resistance from the wheel.

Nice read but the G29 will always be the faster wheel between TM and Logitech in GT. I own both the T500RS & G29 and everyone that has a go on both my wheels ends up being faster on G29 by 1-3 seconds after half an hour of driving. G29 is more accurate and a lot lighter on FFB. TM is a lot more realistic in FFB and driving experience.

Nice read but the G29 will always be the faster wheel between TM and Logitech in GT. I own both the T500RS & G29 and everyone that has a go on both my wheels ends up being faster on G29 by 1-3 seconds after half an hour of driving. G29 is more accurate and a lot lighter on FFB. TM is a lot more realistic in FFB and driving experience.
3 seconds is a lot and most likely a setup issue. Nothing to do with the ability of the wheel. Then I gave to question the controls in testing. Was in game ffb adjusted , or was it kept the same between wheels?

3 seconds is a lot and most likely a setup issue. Nothing to do with the ability of the wheel. Then I gave to question the controls in testing. Was in game ffb adjusted , or was it kept the same between wheels?

Identical conditions & settings.

T500 is a lot heavier on FFB than the G29. Without changing any FFB settings just by swapping wheels (unplug g29 & plug-in T500), there will be a massive difference in FFB, the G29 will feel featherlight if you then unplug your T500 & reconnect your G29.

I like heavier FFB tho, keeps my laptimes more consistent but somewhat slower.

I wish you could redefine the red wheel and +/- buttons the other way round!
It would be so much more intuitive to use the red wheel to cycle through the options and use +/- to adjust them

I would like to eliminate some options, so that I only need to cycle between radar and fuel map.
My red wheel only works on the straights, so I like that I can always switch to radar with the button no matter if im going straight or not.

Bought mine on a Black Friday amazing deal, did a small test on arrival and put it on the box again.

Finally this Sunday I put it on good use, both in GTS and also GT6 on PS3.

Got used to it faster than I expected, put some 100 miles on PS4 before switching to PS3 and GT6, who I didn't played for about 2 years now.
From the start I was being faster with the wheel on PS3, finally got Daytona Nascar out of the way andstarted golding S License, something I could't achieve with DS3.

After that created a sub account for my toddler, just to friends and family don't mess with my GTS account and "accidentally" go to Sport Races, so a new save from scratch. Only thing I found harder was the GT 86 start and stop tests, with the braking points.

Identical conditions & settings.

T500 is a lot heavier on FFB than the G29. Without changing any FFB settings just by swapping wheels (unplug g29 & plug-in T500), there will be a massive difference in FFB, the G29 will feel featherlight if you then unplug your T500 & reconnect your G29.

I like heavier FFB tho, keeps my laptimes more consistent but somewhat slower.
I know all this - which makes your statement about the g29 being 3 seconds faster and how you determined it completely flawed.

I know all this - which makes your statement about the g29 being 3 seconds faster and how you determined it completely flawed.

This does not change the fact that I'm 100% correct with my statement, call me arrogant I really don't care, one can not go as fast on a thrustmaster wheel as on the g29 ;) - I have both and every person that uses both my wheels demonstrates/proves my point. There hasn't been a single person able to be faster on the thrustmaster.

Depending on the length of the track, it varies from 1-3 seconds a lap. On a track like the nordschleife it runs up to 10-15seconds.

You can claim whatever you want @LordDrift but you can't deny facts.

Fact is, G29s outperform thrustmaster wheels.

I just ditched my T150 Pro due to horrible Trustmaster customer service. I had 2 malfunction within 3 weeks. I switched to a G29. It arrived today. I’ve only logged 5 arcade races (just to feel it out) today due to lack of time. But here’s my initial thoughts. I’m not pro, but I’ve had some top 10 times. The initial feel was heavier to steer than the T150. The FFB was a bit more disruptive and not quite as smooth. The brake pedal definitely needs modded (easily done, see Youtube). All these things were not bad, just different than T150. Im confident some simple settings adjustments will tune it in perfect. The bottom line... straight out of the box I was running equal times that I produced with the T150. I have a better built wheel that will soon be giving me better laps than my T150. I’d loved to have tried the T300, but Thrustmaster could care less about their customers.

Back