Logitech G293 FFB Settings and the PS5

• Thread starter gufazi
  • 22 comments
gufazi
I've found a wide range of opinions on force feedback settings with the G29 and PS4, but I'm not convinced they are NOT the same with the G293 and PS5, especially with the addition of Trueforce. Can anyone share their settings and reasonings?
  • Steering Sensitivity ?
  • Force Feedback Torque ?
  • Force Feedback Sensitivity ?
  • Subjective Experience ?

Last edited:
Definetelly following this, I am interested too. So far I stick with sensitivity 7, torque 2 and sens 2. I can drive this way. The other higher settings want a lot of hand power...

Last edited:
Finally got my sim cockpit delivered and assembled yesterday so I'm only just beginning my fine tuning of the wheel settings.

Definetelly following this, I am interested too. So far I stick with sensitivity 7, torque 2 and sens 2. I can drive this way. The other higher settings want a lot of hand power...

Thanks, that makes a little sense to what others have said with force feedback, but steering Sensitivity at 7? Some users complained of the cars being too twitchy at that setting. I'll have to give it a try

Finally got my sim cockpit delivered and assembled yesterday so I'm only just beginning my fine tuning of the wheel settings.
Me too! I've been playing with a controller for the first, and while I've gotten used to it, it's nice to be back on a wheel

Hi, As for me with this wheel only 24hrs, I don't even know how to find or change those setting with it on PS4

Me too! I've been playing with a controller for the first, and while I've gotten used to it, it's nice to be back on a wheel
Biggest change for me right now is braking. I feel like I need to brake a lot sooner, but it's so good to have more accurate control of my cars again.

Hi, As for me with this wheel only 24hrs, I don't even know how to find or change those setting with it on PS4
When you go into a track, but before you start the race, you can change the controller settings within there.

Thanks, that makes a little sense to what others have said with force feedback, but steering Sensitivity at 7? Some users complained of the cars being too twitchy at that setting. I'll have to give it a try
Take your time and adjust 1 per 1 a setting and find yours. And let me know it... 😋 Besides, when you are auto drive assisted settingd differ with auto enabled or not. For ex, Tokio grind I do -2 10 10.

Last edited:
G923*

Also, not super impressed by the options either, but I basically run 6-10 torque for racing cars, 5 and lower for street cars depending on age.

I've found a wide range of opinions on force feedback settings with the G29 and PS4, but I'm not convinced they are NOT the same with the G293 and PS5, especially with the addition of Trueforce. Can anyone share their settings and reasonings?
  • Steering Sensitivity ?
  • Force Feedback Torque ?
  • Force Feedback Sensitivity ?
  • Subjective Experience ?
I use 0/2/8, but please read it from here and make your own decision:

Until we do not get raw data to analyze, it cannot be decided if FFBS is a low-pass filter or a compressor which controls the dynamic range. TrueForce is a higher fidelity, more accurate force feedback system using a new algorithm.

1. Start with FFBT 1, FFBS 10, CS 0 (weakest torque but purest sensitivity)
2. If your wheel wanders too much lower FFBS until comfortable (you want this number as high as possible so you do not lose too much detail)
3. Start increasing FFBT to give you the resistance you prefer (this is personal but do not use higher than 4 otherwise it starts clipping and you lose detail)
4. Play with CS to tune steering linearity (if you want a smoother and more accurate use lower number)
5. For drifting buy a Steering Angle Adapter

Last edited:
which sensitivity ?
Sensitivity mainly affects the amount of vibration from kerbs, understeer and how much the wheel wiggles in center.

I run it 1 all the time just because it gets annoying and if I ever feel like playing late, my neighbors won't be bothered.

But I suppose running it mild would be optimal

Edit: I also think it affected constant vibration as well, but as I said, I've gotten used to running it on 1. (Kinda wish there was an option to have only constant vibration max)

Last edited:
1. Start with FFBT 1, FFBS 10, CS 0 (weakest torque but purest sensitivity)
2. If your wheel wanders too much lower FFBS until comfortable (you want this number as high as possible so you do not lose too much detail)
3. Start increasing FFBT to give you the resistance you prefer (this is personal but do not use higher than 4 otherwise it starts clipping and you lose detail)
4. Play with CS to tune steering linearity (if you want a smoother and more accurate use lower number)
5. For drifting buy a Steering Angle Adapter
So after using Szami's instructions, I've come up with similar settings. But I'm still messing around
  • Controller Sensitivity 3
  • Force Feedback Torque 2
  • Force Feedback Sensitivity 9
I can feel a lot of road texture and when I loose grip. Fairly immersive. But, I wish there was MORE feedback when I was loosing grip and maybe a little more subtlety when I was reaching grip limits. Any suggestions?

Slightly off topic: I feel like my wheel feels different when I start my PS5 with the controller plugged in than when I plug it in after logging in the PS5. Anyone else notice something similar?

Last edited:
So um, I just noticed something about vibration.

You can indeed have vibration for the wheel, but there's a weird quirk to this. It will only be enabled if you launch the game with a gamepad first. Otherwise you won't be able to have it.

So um, I just noticed something about vibration.

You can indeed have vibration for the wheel, but there's a weird quirk to this. It will only be enabled if you launch the game with a gamepad first. Otherwise you won't be able to have it.
For real? Got to try on the g29

So after using Szami's instructions, I've come up with similar settings. But I'm still messing around
  • Controller Sensitivity 3
  • Force Feedback Torque 2
  • Force Feedback Sensitivity 9
I can feel a lot of road texture and when I loose grip. Fairly immersive. But, I wish there was MORE feedback when I was loosing grip and maybe a little more subtlety when I was reaching grip limits. Any suggestions?

Slightly off topic: I feel like my wheel feels different when I start my PS5 with the controller plugged in than when I plug it in after logging in the PS5. Anyone else notice something similar?
Connect wheel, then start PS5, start wheel. Wheel vibrates strangely when conected after PS5 start.

Don't have a PS5 yet, but I have the G923, and these are the settings I've been using in GTS and now in GT7.
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity - 7
  • Force Feedback Max Torque - 3
  • Force Feedback Sensitivity - 10
I believe Controller Steering Sensitivity applies only to DualShock/DualSense controllers, but I also have set it to the highest (just like Force Feedback Sensitivity) just in case it affects wheel controllers as well. I personally prefer the higher sensitivity as I usually feel that there's a an ever so slight delay with the wheel input, so I want it to be as sensitive as possible.

There's also a Vibration Strength setting under GT Menu -> Options -> Controllers -> Vibration Function. I left this setting at the default 100. I believe this setting applies only to DualShock/DualSense controllers as well.

I have a G29 (It is basically the same) - PS4 pro

I have searched everywhere, Literaly everywhere, i tried every single combination and neither was always quite right.
Just a couple days ago i find in youtube one setting that i think its the best i tried so far, and im very happy with.

OPTIONS - VIBRATION - SET 110
CONTROLLER SENSITIVITY - (1)
FFB TORQUE - (6)
FFB SENSITIVITY - (4)

it has detail, kerbs, texture, terrain and strength
, maybe its a bit heavy the first time, but you get use to it in a couple hours.

Try it and tell me later.;)

Last edited:
I have a G29 (It is basically the same) - PS4 pro

I have searched everywhere, Literaly everywhere, i tried every single combination and neither was always quite right.
Just a couple days ago i find in youtube one setting that i think its the best i tried so far, and im very happy with.

OPTIONS - VIBRATION - SET 110
CONTROLLER SENSITIVITY - (1)
FFB TORQUE - (6)
FFB SENSITIVITY - (4)

it has detail, kerbs, texture, terrain and strength
, maybe its a bit heavy the first time, but you get use to it in a couple hours.

Try it and tell me later.;)
Tried those settings today. Initially it was a bit too heavy as I expected (for sim racing, I usually don't like the wheel to be too heavy), but after getting used to it, it felt fine and actually quite good. I think I will stick with it for a while. Cheers :cheers:

With that said, I thought the explanation for the FFB Max Torque setting in the game manual is quite interesting. It says that a higher value is supposed to make the response duller, which I'm not sure if I quite understand what that means.

Force Feedback Max. Torque:
Adjust the maximum torque. This is an example of force feedback, which communicates information about the road surface to the driver through their tyres. The greater this value, the duller the response from the tyres when cornering hard. The lower this value, the more responsive the car becomes.

Btw, one thing I forgot to mention is that you should also connect your Logitech wheel to a PC once in a while and use the Logitech G HUB to check and make sure that your wheel firmware is up to date, as I don't think the game will update the firmware for you if it's outdated.

And I leave everything at default in the Logitech G HUB. I'm not sure if changing anything will make a difference, as I think the game can overwrite those default settings.

Tried those settings today. Initially it was a bit too heavy as I expected (for sim racing, I usually don't like the wheel to be too heavy), but after getting used to it, it felt fine and actually quite good. I think I will stick with it for a while. Cheers :cheers:

With that said, I thought the explanation for the FFB Max Torque setting in the game manual is quite interesting. It says that a higher value is supposed to make the response duller, which I'm not sure if I quite understand what that means.

Force Feedback Max. Torque:
Adjust the maximum torque. This is an example of force feedback, which communicates information about the road surface to the driver through their tyres. The greater this value, the duller the response from the tyres when cornering hard. The lower this value, the more responsive the car becomes.
Glad it works for you!
The explanation of the FFB settings in the game is stupidly ambiguous and unclear, otherwise these forums would not exist.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Back