Logitech Opens Its Racing Ecosystem With the G Racing Adapter

• Thread starter Famine
  • 33 comments
Don't all of their wheel systems (old and new), force you to buy the the base and pedals as a package? Not sure where this would come into play. Do they currently offer a wheel base you can purchase separately?

Don't all of their wheel systems (old and new), force you to buy the the base and pedals as a package? Not sure where this would come into play. Do they currently offer a wheel base you can purchase separately?
The G Pro is sold as separate wheel and pedals.

Didn't know that. I thought the initial kits forced you to buy everything, and they mentioned upgradable wheels in the future.

Ah yes, because Logitech have such a great historical lineup of pedal sets

Still, good to see them heading down the right road (albeit almost a decade late)

Still, good to see them heading down the right road (albeit almost a decade late)
It’s actually not a bad idea from them though. I was just on their website and just the base is 1k. If you already have some pedals from a G920, it kinda makes sense.

But it still won't let me use my G920 (XB1) on PS4. Am I right? I'd still need the CronusMax (or Zen...the new product).

Last edited:
Will this allow u to connect the current Logitech shifter to the new pro base ?
This will allow you to use their latest shifter with the new Pro Base. Anything from the Driving Force GT era is not compatible.

But it still won't let me use my G920 (XB1) on PS4. Am I right? I'd still need the CronusMax (or Zen...the new product).
Correct. This will not allow you to have cross platform capability.

Last edited:
Will this allow u to connect the current Logitech shifter to the new pro base ?
The article
allowing you to connect any Logitech G steering wheel to any Logitech G pedals, from the G25 up to the Direct Drive G Pro, and even the Driving Force Shifter peripheral
The article
for console users you will need a wheel that is compatible with your console in order to use it

🤷‍♀️

It’s actually not a bad idea from them though. I was just on their website and just the base is 1k. If you already have some pedals from a G920, it kinda makes sense.
Why using such low tier pedals when buying a 1k wheel base? Does not make any sense.

Why using such low tier pedals when buying a 1k wheel base? Does not make any sense.
Makes sense to me.

Some people can't afford to get both at the same time but already have the compatible pedals so it makes sense to get the base when they can afford it and then later upgrade the pedals. At least they'll have a decent base to use while they're saving the extra cash for pedals.

No support for older wheels? That ruins it. My G920 wheel has been nothing but trouble with the hall sensor, I was hoping I could switch to a G27 wheel with the more reliable optical sensor

I was contemplating on getting a Logitech shifter, the adapter and mod it to be acceptable (knob and base) but that would take me to 150, I am not sure if its worth it just to have an improved mediocre shifter just for PS5... What if the new shifter is coming in 2 or 3 months :confused:

Nice move, really wish Fanatec would offer something like this.
From my experience everything in the Fanatec ecosystem is compatible with one another by simply plugging an RJ12 cable directly into the wheel base.

You can even combine a PS4 base with an Xbox wheel to have something that works on both consoles flawlessly. Some wheels aren’t Xbox compatible but there are enough entry and high end models that are to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:

It's actually kind of useful as a lot go G29 (and like) players may have upgraded their G29 pedals over time with load-cell mods and upgrade sensors and such like and are comfortable with their pedals and just want the direct drive wheel. I'm in the place but $1000 is still too much for the wheel. Wish it was more like $699.

Last edited:
G29 pedals upgraded with TrueBrake and TruePedal for the accelerator + shifter is the perfect combo for this device to pair it with their DD wheel.

Last edited:
Has there been any leaks of any upcoming products they they're going to add to their ecosystem, such as different steering wheels?

Just the Driving Force Shifter is available. I can’t talk about the roadmap though I’m afraid.

Last edited:
I have the Pro pedals and the new Pro wheel. I just bought the Driving force shifter and adapter from Logitech and still can't get it to work on GT7 on a PS5. Do I have to configure it somehow in some menu somewhere? It's like it doesnt recognize it.

Last edited:
Back