LOL! Nurburgring now has a theme song!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeCUK28
  • 45 comments
  • 4,187 views
kinda wired to listen to the song while you do the 'ring w/ a race car.
i've just got up for like 2 or 3 hrs, now the song made me sleepy~
 
As I type this, I'm doing my own twice-around-the-clock endurance in B-Spec. No, not Nurburgring, but Le Mans (with chicanes). If such an endurance has a theme song, it would have to be one to convey the personality, character, and challenge of the race. Thankfully during races, you don't hear old, crappy ass songs that hardly anyone likes anymore (examples, "You Ready for This," "We Will Rock You...," Vengaboys' "Boom Boom Boom Boom," Aqua's "Barbie Girl," etc.). So what's the best theme for Nurburgring? The song mentioned all throughout this thread isn't the answer. Something better and more likeable would be better to listen to. Something to capture the imagination, you know? If you're going to come up with theme songs for bigtime races, you'll need to find or compose something magical, something with long life, something interesting. But dare I say, this isn't the answer.
 
MDT
I dunno.
When I'm clocking a butt-clenching lap around the Ring in a Yellowbird, Motorhead's "Overkill" seems to be a little more appropriate....

You're the man! Motörhead rules!
 
It's lame, but I didn't think it's that bad. It reminds me of a lot of the music from American 80's teen movies :-D
 
I don't think it'd sound too bad cruising around the track in a MX5 Miata at 60 mph, but definitely doesn't suit a race there... hard rock/metal would be better for that.
 
At first I have to say I don't care if this thread was dead, but this song needs more attention!!!
What a great song! I had totally missed this song, but today I visited Nürburgring's homepage and saw this at the bottom of the page and thought "this goes to GTP".
Think guys; our favourite race track has a theme song! What a tribute to the track and to all the legends the track gave birth to! This song has something! IT'S AWESOME!!!
Opinions, please!
 
Just give me some fast beat heavy metal or sumthin and I'll be happy. No pop s*** like that though.
 
xXSilencerXx
Just give me some fast beat heavy metal or sumthin and I'll be happy. No pop s*** like that though.

Yes, I totally agree. Perfect songs come to mind: "Fast As a Shark" by Accept, or Primal Fear's "Formula 1" And hey, how about that, theyre both kickass German bands..
 
Manowar's Master Of The Wind is a good song. It's used in a 24hr compliation video I have.
 
I prefer it as a Cruising music rather than racing music.
 
Actually, I kind of liked it, but THAT as the offical song of Green Hell is just inconceivable. :scared:
 
Back