long black screen after starting gts

• Thread starter MINKIHL
  • 18 comments
Austria
Vienna
MINKIHL
hello gts community :)

is there a recent fix or walkaround for this annoying black screen after starting.

Sometimes its working sometimes I have to wait 5-8 min and sometimes nothing happens.

is there any solution to this? my internet connection is working good :/

is there a recent fix or walkaround for this annoying black screen after starting.

Sometimes its working sometimes I have to wait 5-8 min and sometimes nothing happens.

Me too. Black screen

Same here

I had this too happening to me a few times @MINKIHL. Really annoying. I usually restart the console and it works. I think the last update brought this issue into the game.

I had this same thing happen yesterday. I restarted the console and it worked fine. Hopefully nothing is wrong with our consoles.

Keith.

Whenever I find myself stuck on a black screen after syncing data with the server I just turn off my Internet connection and then reconnect. It usually takes me straight to the main menu afterwards.

Had this last week couple of times. Contributed it to my wifi acting up, but this week and the weekend was all fine again.
Also think that the PS4 has some trouble loading the game all in all. Once its up, its fine though!

I'm having the same issue. It started after an update. It also happens if I get disconnected from a lobby.

Last edited:
I get a black screen that last 5-10 seconds about 5 minutes after turning the PS4 on. If I in the middle of a lap my car will be resting against the wall when the picture comes back.
I also have a black screen after loading game but only 15-45 seconds I would guess.

It's related to the log in to their server.. It's dangerous to do.. (I constantly fear my save file getting corrupted if I exit from that black screen), but going to network settings and resetting them (Auto) seems to make it work faster thw next time I go in. Don't know why this started happening.. but I think it is related to the server login on their side.

It's related to the log in to their server.. It's dangerous to do.. (I constantly fear my save file getting corrupted if I exit from that black screen), but going to network settings and resetting them (Auto) seems to make it work faster thw next time I go in. Don't know why this started happening.. but I think it is related to the server login on their side.

OK thanks for that. I sure won't close the game from the black screen now. 👍

Same here. It is a serverissue. The official website is a little bit laggy, too. I think, the servers are overload, to many GT players in this world:-)

Workaround:

Start GTS -> Skip Intro -> Blackscreen appears -> Press PS Button -> Go to System Settings -> Network -> uncheck and check the Connection to internet -> PS Button -> back to GTS -> Working

This takes 5-6 seconds instead waiting for minutes

Workaround:

Start GTS -> Skip Intro -> Blackscreen appears -> Press PS Button -> Go to System Settings -> Network -> uncheck and check the Connection to internet -> PS Button -> back to GTS -> Working

This takes 5-6 seconds instead waiting for minutes

Thank you for that little workaround!

I've noticed this lag & black screen in everything which takes some loading.. Going to sportmode lobby seems to take very long, good thing seem to be that almost everytime nobody is dropping from server in joining racelobby. Also livery editor & home garage seems to have longer loading times as used to be.

Maybe GTSport demands already powers of PS5 to show it's best.

(100Mb connection with 18ms in test.)

Latest Posts

Back