GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Does anyone have issues saving replays? I have about 115 mb of in-game space left, which should be more than enough, but for some reason it refuses to fully save any FIA races. The files always save way smaller than they should (~60 mb) and crash the game when I try to watch them. This only happens when I save the FIA races. I can save replays of literally any other type of race, no matter how large the file is, and the game has no problems saving a full replay.

Does anyone have issues saving replays? I have about 115 mb of in-game space left, which should be more than enough, but for some reason it refuses to fully save any FIA races. The files always save way smaller than they should (~60 mb) and crash the game when I try to watch them. This only happens when I save the FIA races. I can save replays of literally any other type of race, no matter how large the file is, and the game has no problems saving a full replay.
I don't have any problems with the replays, but why do you just have 115 mb of game replays? Try to delete the old replays and try watching it again. Because even if it says "115 mb" doesn't mean you can actually have 115 mb of replays.

Also, I have to report a bug.

I have a G29. Last night, while I was playing, I noticed that the throttle pedal was lagging. On a straight for example, the throttle, just for a very little moment, stops working, then it goes again full throttle. I thought it was a GT Sport bug. But I noticed this happened also on other games, but it happened not more than once a race. On GT Sport instead, everytime I go full throttle for more than 5 seconds or so it starts lagging. So is it a G29 issue, or, because on the other games doesn't happen a lot, is a GT Sport issue? If it's a G29 issue, am I on a way to breaking it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I have to report a bug.

I have a G29. Last night, while I was playing, I noticed that the throttle pedal was lagging. On a straight for example, the throttle, just for a very little moment, stops working, then it goes again full throttle. I thought it was a GT Sport bug. But I noticed this happened also on other games, but it happened not more than once a race. On GT Sport instead, everytime I go full throttle for more than 5 seconds or so it starts lagging. So is it a G29 issue, or, because on the other games doesn't happen a lot, is a GT Sport issue? If it's a G29 issue, am I on a way to breaking it?

If it happens in other games too it's almost certainly a pedal issue. I've had issues in the past with my G29 brake pedal not working correctly. I took the pedals apart and cleaned them out, that fully resolved the problem. I'd suggest trying that.

If it happens in other games too it's almost certainly a pedal issue. I've had issues in the past with my G29 brake pedal not working correctly. I took the pedals apart and cleaned them out, that fully resolved the problem. I'd suggest trying that.
Thank you! I'll try it. How should I clean them inside, do I have to open the pedals?

I have an issue with my car mileage. I can drive any cars for any number of miles but once I stop and return to the pits, when I go back out again, the mileage accumulated is gone and the car restarts at the same mileage I took it out on. Also my out lap time clock is red.

1. Help please,
    GT Sport starts after recent update until a dark grey screen where the upper right menu bar is hardly visible. The regular loading process with it's icon pictures and loading circle works ok (100%) and just when the black screen opens for the main menu it stays grey, even the music of the game is playing but no movement with the controller possible no progress.

edit: shut down the console already, but still, - other games are working fine

1. Help please,
    GT Sport starts after recent update until a dark grey screen where the upper right menu bar is hardly visible. The regular loading process with it's icon pictures and loading circle works ok (100%) and just when the black screen opens for the main menu it stays grey, even the music of the game is playing but no movement with the controller possible no progress.

edit: shut down the console already, but still, - other games are working fine

I have the same Error. On HDR Settings, you won't see the menu bar at all, so everything is black. I tested this with two PS4's. Still testing but I have the feeling that it has something to do with the Save File because I created a new Offline Account without any PSN Access on one PS4 and there it worked fine, since it had no older Save File to load. That would be a bummer if I'm correct. :(

EDIT: As I thought, deleting the Save File (that smaller one only is enough, not that bigger one with all the Settings etc.) and starting a New Game works fine. Oh Dear, guess this is the End of my Carreer with this Game. :(

EDIT #2: OK, it seems is has another Failure. It will work with your current Savefile, but only when you stay offline with the PS4. :(

Last edited:
I have an issue with my car mileage. I can drive any cars for any number of miles but once I stop and return to the pits, when I go back out again, the mileage accumulated is gone and the car restarts at the same mileage I took it out on. Also my out lap time clock is red.
Sorry, I can't help you. But why do you want to know your car mileage? It is useless.

Rain Everywhere is a nice bug ;)

5331F69D-635D-4DD0-9AA2-BA3DC437DFBB.jpeg

Lai
Could anyone help explain why I can’t login to server for a week? Have tried to reinstall the game but it keeps having error msg “ne-21000409” :(
Another week passed but the problem isn’t fixed. Could anyone guide me how to do?

Don't know if it's the right place but :

I noticed in VR that the brake and throttle pedals in the MERCEDES 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71 (Red Pig) are inverted. You accelerate with the left foot and brake with the right one.

Could be just some car ignorance on my part...
But Mazda really did push that engine's abilities!

FD has a twin-rotor Wankel with 654cc *per rotor* (1.3L overall). Depends on if other rotarys use per-rotor displacement instead of overall - might be deliberate by PD - but I think the overall value would make more sense for comparing to a piston engine. (After all, a 5 litre V8 is a 5 litre V8, not a 625cc V8...)

ddm
FD has a twin-rotor Wankel with 654cc *per rotor* (1.3L overall). Depends on if other rotarys use per-rotor displacement instead of overall - might be deliberate by PD - but I think the overall value would make more sense for comparing to a piston engine. (After all, a 5 litre V8 is a 5 litre V8, not a 625cc V8...)

I thought it had to be something like that. You're right, though, why not give the full engine capacity in cc? The other cars don't have the per-cylinder capacity, like you said.

I watched a few replays on YouTube and I noticed on the Mercedes w08, the DRS isn’t opening when it’s used. Don’t know if this is just since the last update, but I remember being able to see it open and close in replays previously... I haven’t tried it myself yet, so I don’t know if it’s just during replays or also during regular play...

I have the same Error. On HDR Settings, you won't see the menu bar at all, so everything is black. I tested this with two PS4's. Still testing but I have the feeling that it has something to do with the Save File because I created a new Offline Account without any PSN Access on one PS4 and there it worked fine, since it had no older Save File to load. That would be a bummer if I'm correct. :(

EDIT: As I thought, deleting the Save File (that smaller one only is enough, not that bigger one with all the Settings etc.) and starting a New Game works fine. Oh Dear, guess this is the End of my Carreer with this Game. :(

EDIT #2: OK, it seems is has another Failure. It will work with your current Savefile, but only when you stay offline with the PS4. :(

did you by any chance read my post on the previous page? I’m having the same problem on a normal PS4. The first post on this page was the reply to my post. As the post said, wait a few moments and everything will be normal again.

did you by any chance read my post on the previous page? I’m having the same problem on a normal PS4. The first post on this page was the reply to my post. As the post said, wait a few moments and everything will be normal again.

Then how much we speak about "a few minutes" ?

had an issue using the F1500 on Willow Springs (yeh, i know... not going to be a popular combo :crazy:), whereby when you drive off track and the game resets you back on the tarmac, the car won't drive. It will change gear and rev but not engage a gear. This was in TT mode and using a G29 wheel. I've not tried resolving it as i had to go to work and ran out of time, but i'll maybe try a few different cars to see if it's unique to the F1500.

I thought it had to be something like that. You're right, though, why not give the full engine capacity in cc? The other cars don't have the per-cylinder capacity, like you said.
It might be because “capacity” of a Wankel engine is a little hard to define, and for some, difficult to agree upon.

There’s some good coverage in this Wikipedia article...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Wankel_engine

I've tried to paint the edge of the rear wing of the Supra Racing Concept and it looks fine in the livery editor as well as the garage menu, but on the track it's somewhat glitched...

bugsupra.jpg

That mark on the right is the issue, and I can't remove it or patch up; the smudge disappears when I delete the stripe.
Did anyone have the same issue?

Back