Long update download. 415 minutes left!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wilibob
  • 41 comments
  • 3,273 views
Messages
4
Messages
nemonade01
Hi all, I'm new to the thread and basically, I'm currently downloading update 1.10 and i'm at 8% complete after half an hour and it is telling me I am going to be waiting 415 more minutes just to download the update :crazy:. Is this normal because I've looked on the internet and nobody appears to be waiting really long for it to download. I certainly didn't expect to be leaving the PS3 on and waiting for 6 hours and 45 minutes lol. Thanks in advance.
 
I'm at 9% after roughly 30 minutes. It says 431 minutes remaining. My cousin said his took about 8 minutes :grumpy:

My internet connection is bad though

 
Yeah your internet speed could possibly be VERY low like 10,500RPM's...

Oh man.. Is it even possible to play online with such internet speeds.?? :)
 
Yeah your internet speed could possibly be VERY low like 10,500RPM's...

Oh man.. Is it even possible to play online with such internet speeds.?? :)

Surprisingly, yes. No lag and reasonable loading times. It used to freeze when loading my garage but this new patch is supposed to fix that.
 
Mine was at 168 minutes but went down to 14 a few minutes later.
 
Lol, mine took 45 seconds. Long live 50Mb/S internet :D
 
Well, that's not bad if you actually have a bad connection.

08062011253kopio.jpg

1332599253.png


There's something seriously wrong with my router and the PS3. It later jumped to over 1000 minutes and then shut down.
 
stop whinin mine says 1400 minutes left and it's on 20% after being started at 8 am:tdown:
 
10
I'm at 9% after roughly 30 minutes. It says 431 minutes remaining. My cousin said his took about 8 minutes :grumpy:

My internet connection is bad though



Wow.. I thought my connection was bad.. at least other people in Ireland are sharing in its crappy network
Here's mine:
At second glance, mine seems to be slightly higher than average.. really doesn't feel like that most of the time..
 
Have you got all the previous updates? Cuz doesnt the PS3 stack up the updates that you haven't got?
 
1332638554.png
glad mine didnt take long at all lol
 
Wow.. I thought my connection was bad.. at least other people in Ireland are sharing in its crappy network
Here's mine:
At second glance, mine seems to be slightly higher than average.. really doesn't feel like that most of the time..

Ah, you're flying :lol:
 
Took me about 5 minutes but yea it's because of your slow internet.

1332645890.png
 
Certainly not normal, your internet connection must be quite slow. Let's put it this way for me...It took me roughly three times longer to install the update, than to download it.
 
Your internet may be running slow, It took me 8 minutes.
 
Hmm, was expecting a slightly higher upload speed but oh well.

 
1332666371.png


Just to taunt you all :sly:
 
By the looks of it.. everywhere else in the world has better internet connection than the UK/Ireland :crazy:
 
Well, that's not bad if you actually have a bad connection.

08062011253kopio.jpg

1332599253.png


There's something seriously wrong with my router and the PS3. It later jumped to over 1000 minutes and then shut down.


See, mine took maybe 40 minutes to an hour...
But here's my speed.
1332682659.png


You definitely have some issues.
 
See, mine took maybe 40 minutes to an hour...
But here's my speed.


You definitely have some issues.

It could be the MANY people downloading the update? Server problems too. Some of us have been running into error messages with connecting to the servers.
 
My first thought was that the slow reports were from when it was first out, as I did it this morning and got it quickly, but I do have some quick internets.
 
1332803560.png

i think this is pretty good
 
Back