Long update download. 415 minutes left!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wilibob
  • 41 comments
  • 3,273 views
1332921936.png


Ha ha ha. Sadly, this is only my work connection. Home is something like 1/3 the download speed and 1/50 the upload speed.

Okay, coffee break over. Back to pretending I'll have time to download the patch and try it out after work this evening...
 
About 45 min here. I'm at about 12 down and 4 up
 
Mine took about 80 minutes. I think that it has more to do with server load than internet speed, (I have 10 Mb/s). 380 MB should have only taken about 10 minutes.
 
50Mb download here took under 4 mins.. It will be down to your distance to server..actual connection speed (may also be down to your network configuration, wireless etc.).. and the server busyness!
 
darn thats ages, and i thought my download was long ( 120 minutes). Had to mmove my wifi closer to the ps3 to get faster speeds
 
10
I'm at 9% after roughly 30 minutes. It says 431 minutes remaining. My cousin said his took about 8 minutes :grumpy:

My internet connection is bad though


Man, I thought my low-end DSL was bad.



I think my update was around two hours. It initially said like 128 minutes but I played some Mass Effect 2 on my 360 while it was downloading, so I never got to precisely time it.
 
10
I'm at 9% after roughly 30 minutes. It says 431 minutes remaining. My cousin said his took about 8 minutes :grumpy:

My internet connection is bad though

I'm glad to know that I don't have the worst connection...(No offense meant)
 
1333074043.png
]

Overall, I guess I'll consider myself fortunate...
 
And I'll consider myself sucky!

I'm seriously tired of my crappy internet.

1333079327.png
 
Im 10% with 29 minutes left atm. My connection is bad in my opinion, how do you even play online with a connection that takes over 100 minutes lol...
 
I thought my Internet was bad, mine took 8 minutes actually, that really blows for the people who have slow Internet 👎.
 
Probably the PD has a NLB system (Network Load Balance) on their servers that is not working very well.

Here is what everyone can do, worked for me, whenever you enter the game the online game update takes you to one of PD's servers, so when you leave (cancel the update) and start the game again, you probably will fall on another download server.

So keep trying to enter and cancel the update until you find a connection that is best for you area or a server less loaded.

It was happening to me, 500 minutes for the download! Until I find a server that downloaded the update in 20 minutes (it took me 4 attempts).

Hope everyone understood and help someone!

cheers
 
Last edited:
Back