LongbowX's Gallery - Update 10.2 - NEW 2/8

• Thread starter LongbowX
  • 146 comments
The first (now last) Porsche shot would look absolutely unreal printed on Kodak ENDURA Metallic Paper. If I was you, I’d seriously consider it. The image already has a really metallic feel, so I think it would probably work really well.

The other shots are nice as well but the first(last)one’s processing is dramatic enough to take the focus from the rest of the set.

I would consider getting something printed, but I have no where to put anything. And no one else seems to want them, but I'd like to see it printed using what you recommended...just can't. >_<

I worried about it taking the focus too, so I changed it to the last shot. I wasn't sure if I should put it first, or last. So I changed it to last, as I think it's better to end on a high note, than start on one. At least in terms to this kind of exhibition.

Thank you very much for the advice, I wouldn't have known about that otherwise. And thank you for taking the time to comment as well. ^^

First(now Second) and last shots are brilliant.

Thank you so much. ^^ I'm very glad you like them.

Last edited:
I would consider getting something printed, but I have no where to put anything. And no one else seems to want them, but I'd like to see it printed using what you recommended...just can't. >_<

:lol: I ran out of space in my study (and the wife doesn't let me put them anywhere else) but I still get shots printed on a fairly regular basis just for myself. My study is full of mailing tubes with post size prints of my shots, for no reason apart from for my own amusement. I find the most cost effective printing is with Redbubble.com. The print an A1 size Poster for around $35 plus shipping. It on 180GSM matte stock paper which looks absolutely unreal. Plus it’s so much nicer when you see your work in print.

I take so many shots nowadays that instead of that, I might just print a book of my best shots each year instead.

Another update from Mosport, this being a few shots of the GT3 Challenge.

In the Garage. before the first race.

img7254.jpg

----

Wow. 👍

The last two shots are my favourite in this set. I see what you did with the background in the garage image and I like it. I would say you need to watch your shadows alittle, your losing quite alot of detail in the garage, however the track shot is spot on.

The last two shots are my favourite in this set. I see what you did with the background in the garage image and I like it. I would say you need to watch your shadows alittle, your losing quite alot of detail in the garage, however the track shot is spot on.

I wondered if anyone would notice that. I found it distracting. Among other things that I were wrong with it. I really chose it for one reason: to break up the other motion shots. It was the only GT3 Challenge car I photographed in the garage. And, I didn't like it to begin with. It's amazing I managed to do anything with it at all. It was really bad originally, the lighting was terrible there. I assume by detail in the shadows, you mean underneath the car. I could do something about that...but I don't think it would make all that much of a difference. And I'm not a fan of the shot anyway...>_< Thank you for the critique though, I appreciate it. ^^

Wow. 👍

Heh. Thanks. ^^ Especially considering all that I just said about it. XD

:lol: I ran out of space in my study (and the wife doesn't let me put them anywhere else) but I still get shots printed on a fairly regular basis just for myself. My study is full of mailing tubes with post size prints of my shots, for no reason apart from for my own amusement. I find the most cost effective printing is with Redbubble.com. The print an A1 size Poster for around $35 plus shipping. It on 180GSM matte stock paper which looks absolutely unreal. Plus it’s so much nicer when you see your work in print.

I take so many shots nowadays that instead of that, I might just print a book of my best shots each year instead.

That sounds like my house:

"Do you think I put up a car picture above the Fireplace?"

"...No. I want something nice. Like flowers."

"Cars are nice! Especially this 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO!"

"........No they are not."

I really like the book idea though, I've been looking for some kind of book I can put 8x10's in or something like that. No luck though. I would like a book of my work to show people, sometimes. Thank you for that website, as well. I will definitely check it out. Maybe for the basement we are renovating I can find a place for one or two. I agree, things look so much better in print...

An excellent update again, great stuff, the garage shot would be my pick of them, just a nice balanced piece of composition.

I really like the book idea though, I've been looking for some kind of book I can put 8x10's in or something like that. No luck though. I would like a book of my work to show people, sometimes. Thank you for that website, as well. I will definitely check it out. Maybe for the basement we are renovating I can find a place for one or two. I agree, things look so much better in print...

Have you not looked at getting a photobook printed, they are a great idea and resonable cheap as well. You own shots with text in a bound hardback book, all arranged by yourself and ordered on the web.

This site is in the UK.....

http://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/photo-books

...but should give you an idea of what I am trying to explain.

Scaff

My favourite is the first Porsche shot, too. Great stuff! 👍

Heh. Thank you very much. You're the only one who likes the first shot, actually. Haha. ^^ I switched the order. :sly:

An excellent update again, great stuff, the garage shot would be my pick of them, just a nice balanced piece of composition.

Have you not looked at getting a photobook printed, they are a great idea and reasonably cheap as well. You own shots with text in a bound hardback book, all arranged by yourself and ordered on the web.

This site is in the UK.....

http://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/photo-books

...but should give you an idea of what I am trying to explain.

Scaff

Thank you very much for the praise. ^^

I have thought of some kind of photobook. It is a good idea, but I would only consider it if I can't find one where I can remove the pictures if I don't like them anymore; and it does not appear to be the case with these photobooks. I'm not one who is pleased with my own work very often. Only very rarely. So I will be constantly replacing photographs, I feel no longer meet my arbitrary "standards". I'll look for a little while longer, until I consider this option. Thank you for idea, though, I appreciate it. ^^

Haven't updated this in a long, long time. I've been busy with assignments and such. And I still am, exams coming up.

If I would have entered the monthly competition, I likely would have entered this:

plumebyvolpediraven.jpg

But alas, it was not meant to be. But, enjoy. ^^

Last edited:
Great shot Longbow, the simplicity really adds a nice touch. However, the photo seems to be missing something...perhaps a little more contrast and some vignetting would help.

Oh, and stop making me look bad. :P

Great shot Longbow, the simplicity really adds a nice touch. However, the photo seems to be missing something...perhaps a little more contrast and some vignetting would help.

Oh, and stop making me look bad. :P

Hmm. There is some vignetting. And...I also can't find the original shot. The original was a little bit sharper. And I had to clean up some of the noise as well, so I don't think I could do much more to this without ruining it. That said, I like it how it is.

And...I am not doing it intentionally. I am sorry. :(

I thought I would post a few experimental photos I have taken recently. I originally did not plan to post anything of the kind, but felt some inspiration as the day progressed. These were the (admittedly strange) results.

I am really looking for feedback from these, as I am wondering what people think of them.

Having said that, I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas and Holidays, and I hope that everyone has a magnificent new year as well.

img34242.jpg

img3441b.jpg

img3455f.jpg

img3456u.jpg

img3491z.jpg

img3499.jpg

img3509p.jpg

My favourite:

img3458b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That are some very impressive shots LongbowX! :eek:

I'm a little into photography myself, so I can really appreciate the shots. I love the editing as well. You really make the most out of your tools.

Keep it up! 👍

Wow! How did you get that effect with the lights? Zooming out is what I would have thought, but it doesn't explain the many dots instead of the straight line blur.

They would be an awesome wallpaper for the lappy I'm about to get!

Great shots nonetheless - and a very merry christmas (period) and a happy new year to you too. 👍

Those are beautiful, LongbowX. I'd also love to know how you achieved the shots, in particular the colourful ones!

Wow! That are some very impressive shots LongbowX! :eek:

I'm a little into photography myself, so I can really appreciate the shots. I love the editing as well. You really make the most out of your tools.

Keep it up! 👍

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'm glad someone likes my photography...:dopey:

I like fiddling with photoshop. Sometimes I put a bit more effort into it than this...since I did these late at night, but I think they turned out alright considering.

Thanks again.

Wow! How did you get that effect with the lights? Zooming out is what I would have thought, but it doesn't explain the many dots instead of the straight line blur.

They would be an awesome wallpaper for the lappy I'm about to get!

Great shots nonetheless - and a very merry christmas (period) and a happy new year to you too. 👍

I normally don't like to give away my secrets, but this time it's fairly easy and straightforward. And it's also the season of giving. :P

It is zoom blur, you have it right - the only difference is that instead of being smooth, you jerk it along. Preferably at roughly the same intervals. And then...voila, separated bokeh dots. Try it yourself. ^^

I'm not sure about the laptop background, might be too bright and distracting. Especially if you use the laptop in the morning. :lol:

Thank you for the kind words and the holiday wishes. And the same to you, of course.

Those are beautiful, LongbowX. I'd also love to know how you achieved the shots, in particular the colourful ones!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them. You'll find the secret in the reply to 80Y's. :sly:

Wow dude. These are wicked. Great use of light. I love the fact that the subject itself is mostly just light & it's quite abstract in itself however you still get the Christmas vibe.

A big 👍 for the sexy shots.

Wow dude. These are wicked. Great use of light. I love the fact that the subject itself is mostly just light & it's quite abstract in itself however you still get the Christmas vibe.

A big 👍 for the sexy shots.

Ahh. So many "wow"s! :eek: Thanks very much, though.

I very much like shooting light, because it's something not thought about as an object itself sometimes. Hmm. And I'm glad it still have that Christmas" vibe. I tried to give it bit of a "supernatural" feeling - and I have a few more that have even more of a "spirit" or ghostly feeling. I'll consider posting them, but I felt these were the strongest at the time.

Thanks again. :dopey:

I can't stop :drool: at those shots. Impressive & great work, LongbowX. 👍

I'm very glad you like them, thank you. I appreciate it. :D

A few alternative takes on my Automotive Competition entry. I went with the incredibly cropped one, but it was a part of a much larger scene. I wasn't sure which one looked the best (the last I took a bit of photoshop to, so it really isn't eligible):

img0735t.jpg

img07354.jpg

img0735w3454.jpg

Last edited:
This is from my Red Bubble account - I've never posted this here surprisingly. It has actually been quite successful on Red Bubble too - I just won a contest with it, in fact! I thought I would share it with you all.

This was at Mosport, in the infield. There was a small vintage car show, and I played with the shadows a bit in the PP.

work42404682flat800x800.jpg

Back