Longest Straightaway?

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 30 comments
United States
I Hate Stalkers
gogatrs
Hi,
I'm new to the coursemaker forum so don't yell at me to much.
Just wondering if anyone has a course with an EXTREMELY long straight.
Just something I can top speed my Red Bull X2010 on.

Oh yeah, and PM me if you really think you have a long one.
(Not intended to be a "That's what she said" joke^)

Thanks

It's possible to create a long speedway, like Indianapolis but twice as long and with faster turns.
Go into the Eifel or Toscana environment. create a course with:

- 7 sections
- all complexity 0
- all turns : -5

Between the many possibilities, you can get a real speedway.

I had one, but didn't keep it.

Cool, I'll try that.
But I was kind of hoping for someone who already has one that could share it with me.

Hi,

I don't see anybody being able to make one with a straight long enough to rival Special State Route 7. It's probably the best place to get a top speed run with the X2010. Most Course Maker courses are less than six miles in total length, let alone having a several-mile straight, so nobody's going to be making anything that's better for this than SSR7.

UPDATE:
Well..., I've created a track that's basically a 4.77-mile (7.68 kilometers) oval. It's not ideal like Daytona superspeedway, as it lacks the desirable banking and it has some elevation change, not to mention one or two medium-speed bends, but I did get my X2010 up to 293 MPH (472 KPH) on it, which is actually 1 MPH faster than I got at SSR7.

Last edited:
I don't see anybody being able to make one with a straight long enough to rival Special State Route 7. It's probably the best place to get a top speed run with the X2010. Most Course Maker courses are less than six miles in total length, let alone having a several-mile straight, so nobody's going to be making anything that's better for this than SSR7.

UPDATE:
Well..., I've created a track that's basically a 4.77-mile (7.68 kilometers) oval. It's not ideal like Daytona superspeedway, as it lacks the desirable banking and it has some elevation change, not to mention one or two medium-speed bends, but I did get my X2010 up to 293 MPH (472 KPH) on it, which is actually 1 MPH faster than I got at SSR7.

What song is that?

UPDATE:

I had one, which I unfortunately didn't keep on which a Nascar came had to slow down only once in a lap.

I also did some other tests: in the karting environment, it is possible to make a one-mile, 0 elevation, anti-clockwise speedway.

Sigh.... I really wish the course maker was more detailed as I have been dying to make a track with a straight more then a mile, with other things like banked corners, plenty of run-off room when needed, the essential grand stands on the front stretch, a pit acsess road, a left hand turn to start, a tight hairpin, a bus-stop, a ferris wheel, campers in the infield, trees, buildings, stands, lakes and other senery where I want them, changing weather, changing time of day that goes into full darkness, track lighting, the curb size I want, realistic sponsors placed where I want, a catch fence where I want, and tire/ foam barriers where I want. LOL, but it's true. You would think that they would have put more time into the course creater since they don't have many real world tracks at all. That way if your favorite tracks weren't there, which the probably weren't, you could make them your self.

Sigh.... I really wish the course maker was more detailed as I have been dying to make a track with a straight more then a mile, with other things like banked corners, plenty of run-off room when needed, the essential grand stands on the front stretch, a pit acsess road, a left hand turn to start, a tight hairpin, a bus-stop, a ferris wheel, campers in the infield, trees, buildings, stands, lakes and other senery where I want them, changing weather, changing time of day that goes into full darkness, track lighting, the curb size I want, realistic sponsors placed where I want, a catch fence where I want, and tire/ foam barriers where I want. LOL, but it's true. You would think that they would have put more time into the course creater since they don't have many real world tracks at all. That way if your favorite tracks weren't there, which the probably weren't, you could make them your self.

Mmh... Maybe sounds like an OT, or a joke... You don't need gt5 to create complex courses with lot of stuff... Pick Little Big Planet 2 and go on, methinks it's very hard to hope PD reach our "wishlist"...! ^^ (I'm joking of course, just my manner to say: I agree but I think they at PD don't care a ... about this)

Mmh... Maybe sounds like an OT, or a joke... You don't need gt5 to create complex courses with lot of stuff... Pick Little Big Planet 2 and go on, methinks it's very hard to hope PD reach our "wishlist"...! ^^ (I'm joking of course, just my manner to say: I agree but I think they at PD don't care a ... about this)

True that, but you still would have thought that "the most advanced racing sim ever" would let you actually do something like pick your corners and straights and would it kill them to put stands on the front streches? Part of the reason I am so dispointed is that a Nintendo DS racing game from code masters had more a far, far more detailed track creater and they started coming out at least 5 years ago and on a far more inferior system to the PS3. That and the damage stuff sucks HARD.

I searched but didn't find a thread on this to my surprise. What is the LONGEST STRAIGHT in course maker. Preferably on a tarmac track. So far I've gotten 0.85... and that took me a good while to get.

Lol stupid course marker. I tried so hard to do this same thing or at least to get a huge oval and it took so long and wasn't flat like I wanted. I think mine was around the same length as yours.

The layout of the track didn't matter to me, all I cared about was the straight. It actually turned out to be a pretty cool track. The 0.85 came out of nowhere in a pile of 0.5's and 0.6's... some were even 0.4's. It's long enough to get some cars over 220 or so. And the other side of the track you can actually go even faster because it's a longer straight but with a slight bend in the middle. I THINK it's something like a 2.6 mile track.

Merged with existing thread.

Why exactly? Saw this already. This dude was asking for a long enough straight to top out a X2010... I was asking for the exact longest mileage of the longest straight. Which not one person has posted on here.

0.85 must be in miles unit. That would be 1367 meters, more or less. Therefore, they both have similar straightaways!

Regards,

Hi,

Oh yeah, and PM me if you really think you have a long one.
(Not intended to be a "That's what she said" joke^)

Thanks
That's what she said....

Now that the Speed Test DLC is out, you don't need a custom track; this is now really just a thread for finding the longest possible straight.

Back