Looking at a new car...

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren
  • 66 comments
  • 1,993 views
pimp racer
:lol: yeah i agree with you but then again haveing to turn the damn knob thing for the window sucks @$$ (kinda off topic but in my brothers 04 accord ex v6 on the remote key thing if you hold the unlock button for like 5 seconds all the windows go down unless you let go then they stop at the place they are in pretty cool huh.)

Oooh you're a big car guy yourself mr ("what is a maclaren?:lol:")..

It's called a Keyless Entry Remote...smart guy..:irked:
 
pimp racer
Hey Speedy how many miles does your car have?

I bought in January with 72,000 miles.

I now have 94,000 miles on it. I've driven a lot. Including a trip from California to Florida and back in one month. No problems. Drives like a dream.
 
modifi3d
Oooh you're a big car guy yourself mr ("what is a maclaren?:lol:")..

It's called a Keyless Entry Remote...smart guy..:irked:
:lol: sure am. Cant wait till i get an NSX though.
(you now have been added to my buddy list.)

speedy_2
I bought in January with 72,000 miles.

I now have 94,000 miles on it. I've driven a lot. Including a trip from California to Florida and back in one month. No problems. Drives like a dream.
Oh damn you put ALOT of miles on it :lol: we had some hurricane waring so no school so we went with my dad to Atlanta and back in just one day. (went for some business.)
 
I think you should get an Impreza WRX...It's a very good car for what it's worth..I think its worth it..my brother had one..with a fully upgraded ehxaust system and a cold air intake..my brother raced a Corvette ZO6 with that car..that car can fly haha..
 
modifi3d
I think you should get an Impreza WRX...It's a very good car for what it's worth..I think its worth it..my brother had one..with a fully upgraded ehxaust system and a cold air intake..my brother raced a Corvette ZO6 with that car..that car can fly haha..
Who me?
*EDIT* Oh yeah forgot to mention speedy 2 you are on my buddy list also. :D
 
pimp racer
Who me?
*EDIT* Oh yeah forgot to mention speedy 2 you are on my buddy list also. :D


Well I think everyone should get one..it's great car..a few adjustments and you can run with the big boys...Like Supras, Skylines, may be even an NSX..haha
 
modifi3d
Well I think everyone should get one..it's great car..a few adjustments and you can run with the big boys...Like Supras, Skylines, may be even an NSX..haha
Yeah but just the beauty and the.....(I dont know what but there is just something about this car) just makes it a better choice IMO plus its like a Freaking supercar well kinda.
 
speedy_2
I picked this up for $17K in January.

DSC02507.jpg


DSC02651.jpg


I also, traded in my Camaro. Got $4K from that. I only owe $11K on the Caddy now.
yeah it's big. But, it's so nice. You can also pic up F-body Camaros cheap too.
Aw man... you traded in a camaro for a caddy? Well if you need four doors you need four doors I guess :indiff:

Whoever's considering the new car: I'd take a MazdaSpeed Miata and VW R32. Although, the R32 is pretty heavy, I heard. But they're 4WD and neat. It's like, GTi to the next level.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I would go for the lovely SUPRA!!! :O :Oor the RX-7!!! :O :O I would suggest those because they will always be a head turner or an eye candy whenever you drive next or past import luvers!!! Just make them sooo jealous!!! :mad: :O :lol:
 
^

Agrees! :) Nothing like an old FC3S or JZA70, or even MA60. If you got yourself a JZA70 or MA60 you'd definately have plenty of street cred from me! :)
 
Victor Vance
Aw man... you traded in a camaro for a caddy? Well if you need four doors you need four doors I guess :indiff:

The Camaro was rearended. Not bad but scratched. A week later the Tranny Broke. Dealer was still willing to give me $4,000 for it. So I jumped on it. Plus, the Caddy is newer, nicer, and even faster than the Camaro. 15 sec 1/4 Stock. At 4000+lbs. That's not too bad. It's going to make the ultimate sleeper :sly:
 
Still a tear comes to my eye when I hear about someone selling a Corvette, Camaro or 60 series Toyota Celica or RWD Corolla GT-S rather than hanging onto it. Well, it's a nice cadillac, and.... Uhm it's pretty nice! :D

Still wish you kept the Camaro :guilty:
 
Victor Vance
Still a tear comes to my eye when I hear about someone selling a Corvette, Camaro or 60 series Toyota Celica or RWD Corolla GT-S rather than hanging onto it. Well, it's a nice cadillac, and.... Uhm it's pretty nice! :D

Still wish you kept the Camaro :guilty:

Yeah. I loved the T-Tops. But, the 3.4 just wasn't worth keeping. I really think I'l get another one one day. I really liked the way it handled and looked. I have this Dream of having every car that I've owned. So far I still have 2 of the 3. I'm keepin the VIN to the Camaro so maybe I can track it down one day ;)
 
Smart thinking ;)

3.4 huh? Let me tell you about a speical breed of Camaro aimed at law holders rather than law breakers: B4C. If you can find one, take it! It's got a V-6 appearance, but, tucked under its mild base-trim exterior is the same LS1 and Tremec transmission that's on the SS. Perfect sleeper, and I love sleepers :trouble:
 
McLaren F1GTR
SRT-4 with Ion Redline? Never gave it much thought.

Anyways, I don't think I have enough money to buy an S15, and then import it. That's why I've been searching for one in Texas.

Well Cali is not that far from Texas compare to Japan..So try talking to the guys at MOTOREX down at cali..They've got some imported cars from Japan thats already in their garage..If you're in luck maybe they've got an S15
 
Ottoman
R-32 GTR came as VSPEC not II

u wont find a GTR or S15 in states.


Wrong and wrong.

1993 R32 GTR Vspec
1994 R32 GTR VspecII

You will find GTR's in the states. MotoRex or RBMotoring.

You really should get the facts straight before you spout off.
 
I would go with the Honda Prelude VTEC. They were made from 1992 to 1996, along with the Prelude and the Prelude Si, but they don't have a 200 hp engine. The only reason I would not recomend getting the Preludes built from 1997 to 2001 is because they weigh around 3000 lbs and have the same engine as the Prelude VTEC, which weighs about 300 lbs less. I would say either get that or a Nissan 240SX.
 
producepete
I would go with the Honda Prelude VTEC. They were made from 1992 to 1996, along with the Prelude and the Prelude Si, but they don't have a 200 hp engine. The only reason I would not recomend getting the Preludes built from 1997 to 2001 is because they weigh around 3000 lbs and have the same engine as the Prelude VTEC, which weighs about 300 lbs less. I would say either get that or a Nissan 240SX.

You don't always have to stick to the NORTH AMERICAN VTEC..there other options...And highly recomend for prelude owners who haven't done it yet, to swap your VTEC (north american) to a JDM H22 Type S..

2.2 litre DOHC VTEC 220 HP
They go for about $4 000 USD..

You can also fit this engine into a civic which would probably need a few adjustments..But I'm telling you if you have a civic hatchback 93-01 and you have a chance to grab one of these..I'd advice you to take it or buy it..

You'll feel like a millionaire when you smoke all the mustangs and vettes on the track...

Just an advice to all the prelude and civic owners..
 
Feeling like a millionare isnt worth much when you drive a motor swapped civic. And 220hp isnt quite enough to pop you into mid 12 vette territory :)
 
Ottoman
those mitsu's have notoriously weak tranny's.. and really cramped engine bays and the car weighs a TON.. even heavier then my GTR... :dunce:

Its actaully the Transfer case, what makes it 4wd that breaks beacuse people dont know how to drive them or beat the **** out of them.

And the engine isnt that cramped when you removed the hoses in the car. Makes the engine easy to work on, almost like a civic.

It weights like 3800 some lbs and if you take out the back seats jack spare and some other stupid stuff its down to like 3600 some.

RazorGTR
You really should get the facts straight before you spout off.
 
modifi3d
You don't always have to stick to the NORTH AMERICAN VTEC..there other options...And highly recomend for prelude owners who haven't done it yet, to swap your VTEC (north american) to a JDM H22 Type S..

2.2 litre DOHC VTEC 220 HP
They go for about $4 000 USD..

You can also fit this engine into a civic which would probably need a few adjustments..But I'm telling you if you have a civic hatchback 93-01 and you have a chance to grab one of these..I'd advice you to take it or buy it..

You'll feel like a millionaire when you smoke all the mustangs and vettes on the track...

Just an advice to all the prelude and civic owners..

Well, you could do that, but I am just saying for the sake of it to just get a lighter, North American Prelude. And I don't know if you've ever done and engine swap yourself, but they can cause a lot of headaches. Plus the labor would cost you a pretty penny if you had mechanics do it. What would be more effective is to buy a stock Prelude VTEC and then buy a turbocharger. I think you can get a really great one from GReddy for around $2500. That will boost you're H22 past the 220 mark of a Japanese Domestic Motor. And if you want get an ECU chip, and all the other stuff. That's just what I would do, if i had the money and energy.

Also, you're right a JDM swap into a older generation Civic HB is a great idea. Some of them weigh only 2300 lbs.
 
RazorGTR
Wrong and wrong.

1993 R32 GTR Vspec
1994 R32 GTR VspecII

You will find GTR's in the states. MotoRex or RBMotoring.

You really should get the facts straight before you spout off.
Yeah i heard you can get them in calif for around 10000 but they are NOT legal.
 
pimp racer
Yeah i heard you can get them in calif for around 10000 but they are NOT legal.

Not LEGAL? Aww man. I was liking that until I read the not legal part. Look I don't mind if it has a little damage. Like abanged bumper, or torn seats. Even a burned out headlight. I'll get that all replaced.

And I KNEW the R32 V-Spec II existed. Why else would be a II on TXR3?
 
McLaren F1GTR
Not LEGAL? Aww man. I was liking that until I read the not legal part. Look I don't mind if it has a little damage. Like abanged bumper, or torn seats. Even a burned out headlight. I'll get that all replaced.

And I KNEW the R32 V-Spec II existed. Why else would be a II on TXR3?
here read this REALLY INTERESTING!!(the second page has more info.)
http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40567
 
ShobThaBob
Feeling like a millionare isnt worth much when you drive a motor swapped civic. And 220hp isnt quite enough to pop you into mid 12 vette territory :)

I'm not talking about a long run race..quarter mile races..I've seen civics beat vettes on the track...just because a civic can't reach the speeds of a vette it doesn't mean they can't beat them on a quartermile track..Those JDM hondas give out a lot of RPM..which gives the car a much faster accelaration...
 
modifi3d
I'm not talking about a long run race..quarter mile races..I've seen civics beat vettes on the track...just because a civic can't reach the speeds of a vette it doesn't mean they can't beat them on a quartermile track..Those JDM hondas give out a lot of RPM..which gives the car a much faster accelaration...
:scared: 👎

*goes back to carving satanic symbols in his arm*
 
producepete
Well, you could do that, but I am just saying for the sake of it to just get a lighter, North American Prelude. And I don't know if you've ever done and engine swap yourself, but they can cause a lot of headaches. Plus the labor would cost you a pretty penny if you had mechanics do it. What would be more effective is to buy a stock Prelude VTEC and then buy a turbocharger. I think you can get a really great one from GReddy for around $2500. That will boost you're H22 past the 220 mark of a Japanese Domestic Motor. And if you want get an ECU chip, and all the other stuff. That's just what I would do, if i had the money and energy.

Also, you're right a JDM swap into a older generation Civic HB is a great idea. Some of them weigh only 2300 lbs.
Hell yeahs a 230 hp modded prelude JDM motor in a 1764 lb 1984 CRX
honda-crx-1984a.jpg


Hell yeahs! Old school meats new school, plus ultraleightweight! This definately one of the few FWD cars I'd buy... I once saw a CRX running mid 12's, with like a 280 hp turbo engine. I had no clue which one it was though. If you drive through East Brunswick/Soth River regularly look for it, it's a standard CRX but with a big ass intercooler taking up the normal 'black' space in the lower grille. That thing's hot!
 
Am I the only one that suggested an American car??
 
Back