Looking back at 2012...what was your favorite GT moment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 33 comments
  • 2,192 views
Messages
4,544
United States
Los Angeles
Messages
RacingHeartRuby
Messages
RubyWooby
You gotta admit, 2012 was an awesome year for us GT fanatics. So many updates, events, and DLCs! (not to mention, a leak or two :sly: ) So, the main question of this thread is...

...what was your favorite moment/news/announcement/whatever of Gran Turismo 5 of 2012? Mine has to be the Corvette C7 leak. Man, did I ever get so excited just for one little car. :lol:
 
BayneHamlin1121
You gotta admit, 2012 was an awesome year for us GT fanatics. So many updates, events, and DLCs! (not to mention, a leak or two :sly: ) So, the main question of this thread is...

...what was your favorite moment/news/announcement/whatever of Gran Turismo 5 of 2012? Mine has to be the Corvette C7 leak. Man, did I ever get so excited just for one little car. :lol:

Same here I got really excited about that.
 
When Kaz said the car sounds were too realistic and everybody flipped out. I agree with most folks opinions, I just didn't flip out and burn my copy of GT5.
 
The seasonals we got today that are actually interesting for a change.
 
Favorite moment had to have been winning my first drift battle when I had just joined JDMT. I was using a Supra with a bad LSD tune against a skilled driver in an Alfa Romeo 8C on High Speed circuit. It came down to the 5th run where we were neck and neck and I was leading. I was sweating and heart beating but I clutched it by getting a perfect run. Amazing moment
 
Favorite moment? It was definitely when the HSV-010 came out of nowhere. The update with the increased drag was an honorable mention.
 
This most recent seasonal, along with a half price OCD and double xp/money seasonals.......madness!!!
 
For me, first DLC with manny cars and Spa, and GT academy cars
 
GT Academy 2012 worldwide online competition, no doubt about it.

Pinnacle of Gran Turismo.
 
This all started as an angry moment for me, but the result has been great.

I had been complaining for over a year to everyone in the room I hosted about not having side view mirrors.

I had been lurking around gtplanet from time to time when one day in June I discovered the Feedback section.

On June 23rd I joined gtplanet so I could promote the idea for side view mirrors. This for me, became my greatest GT moment of 2012.

After just a few posts and about 2 days my room was packed. It was a little rough at first learning how to deal with a completely full room but I quickly friended the best drivers – kicked a lot of bad drivers - but over time I filled my friend list with lots of great drivers.

Even though my idea for side view mirrors hasn’t quiet caught on fire like I hoped it would, my online room is great every night.

The funny thing is that I run a really arcade style room, and from reading posts around here you would think that is really taboo. But I can tell you that is not really the case.

I would love to thank you Jordan for having such a great website. (BTW I grew up in Louisville) I certainly hope it supports you and your family (or future family) well. Thank you and the entire gtplanet family.
 
Over 3 hours racing around Nurb 24 in stock Silvia RMs - 20 laps. I came in second, only about 6 seconds behind the winner. It felt like a win. I had such bad cramp, as for the whole duration I was on the edge of my proverbial seat. I've tried and failed several times to replicate such an epic event.

@ Chrunch ... I'm not too bothered about side mirrors - I set my track map view size to '2'. :) Not realistic, but much safer, cleaner racing from me.
 
Update 2.09, when wooden blocks became cars ;-)
 
@ Chrunch ... I'm not too bothered about side mirrors - I set my track map view size to '2'. :) Not realistic, but much safer, cleaner racing from me.

Ah yes, I tried this, but as a host I have to be able to see the whole track. I am responsible for everyone’s experience in my room. I have to be able to see if someone has gone rouge and is running backwards. It doesn’t happen often, but it happened when I was trying out running with a zoomed in track view map.

I don’t allow mics in my rooms – I hate the distraction + I love having custom music.

I have seen another game that does have side view mirrors, somebody told me once what game it was but I don't remember.

There is plenty of room with the wide screen display.
 
On a general level: the performance difference bonus in the Seasonals has really extended the game play. (If only PD had overhauled A-Spec in the same way!)

On a personal level 1: after 2 years of trying, I finally got gold in the Eiger Nordwand, Lambo Toscana and Rally Toscana Grand Tour events with a DS3 - I don't have a wheel. (This I attribute to the skills learnt squeezing every last drop of speed and PP out of cars in the Seasonals - effective braking, high apex speeds and correct driving line.)

On a personal level 2: making the switch to ABS 0 and all aids off. The cars came alive that day:)
 
Last edited:
My personal highlight regarding GT5 this year was the release of the '66 Beetle DLC.
Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of the other DLC cars and tracks (especially Spa) but I had so much fun doing a lot of Beetle-only races with a few likeminded guys on this forum and painstakingly developing the 'perfect' set up together which just combined the best GT5-online and the possibilities of this forum has to offer.
 
the addition of lower PP rewards, that made me started tuning, trying to drive 5 consecutive good laps with slow cars. And then chase down and beat cars with much more HP.
 
GT Academy 2012 worldwide online competition, no doubt about it.

Pinnacle of Gran Turismo.

👍 Yeah got to agree with this one to be honest and especially if you have like minded people in your friends list who was up for the challenge as well.
Just added the bit of spice with competing with each other rather than the leaders board.
Great fun and very enjoyable.
Chat soon bye for now.:)
 
For me it has to be the great online (clean) driving with fellow GTP!!
 
Last edited:
My favorite GT5 moments has to be every time I drive with a bunch of GTPlanet friends. :cheers:
 
My favorite GT5 moments has to be every time I drive with a bunch of GTPlanet friends. :cheers:
Likewise. Although I prefer when we're all in the same room.

UKGTP XV.
 
When you can turn collision mode off online and change the rims on standard cars.
 
Finally winning an online race in a Lotus Europa. Even better, I beat a ruf rgt in the process!
 
The possibility to change rims on standard cars!
 
C6.R
The possibility to change rims on standard cars!

That was actually in 2011.
 
Doing the Nürburgring 24H endurance race in the Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430.
 
BayneHamlin1121
Looking back at 2012...what was your favorite GT moment

Waiting for GT6.

I bought GT5 on day one; actually held it at the register a day or two before but couldn't have it yet. I ran out if stuff to do by mid-2011.
 
Back