Looking Back at Four Years of Vision Gran Turismo

Tomahawk, 2x, peugeot and all these vision supercars are very cool.
Driving the tomahawk X is a lot of fun and it requires a lot of skill to drive it fast.
Chaparral 2x is so weird but its also fun
Peugeot is just great
And so on.

I'd rather have all of these over a boring hatchback for example
Th Peugeot Vision gets 2 thumbs up from me and although a close runner up is the LM55, the Peugeot is my favorite as well.

Like car enthusiasts who see car makers make design (and sometimes) build exclusive cars for a video game.

Heck, my cousin who knows nothing about cars has the Mercedes Vision GT as her wallpaper. These crazy designs grab attention.
Your cousin's wallpaper isn't really evidence of widespread consumer appeal.

The thing I liked about the 2X and Tomahawks were the way you had to drive them differently. The physics were the same, but the way the car interacted with the road surface or the air was tweaked and opened up a new set of parameters for drivers to master. I can see how that would annoy some, though. Then again, there are plenty of places you can drive "normal", "real" cars already...

I think the fact it won an award says something for the visibility it has created, too.

Most car games are simply a reflection of car culture or motorsport, they take from the automotive world, and give to gamers. The Vision Gran Turismo project (and the Citroen GT, and the Red Bull X's) gave new things back to the automotive world - the fact it happened with the weight and substance that some of the manufacturers put behind it should be a testament to the respect PD have earned in dealing with the industry.

4e62167ff4c7140d7e5a3949b2653493.jpg

Despite the fact they abandoned their "6C Biposto" Vision GT, I really wish Alfa Romeo would bring it back to life one way or another...

It looked like it could've been a neo-retro take on a sports car, much like the awesome SLR McLaren Stirling Moss.

2X vision - "The real driving simulator"

Oh and it sounds like this...
176089-gta-sa-2014-04-08-11-02-40-22.jpg
All you had to do...

Last edited:
Back