• Thread starter Brewguy44
  • 12 comments

Brewguy44

GT Die Hard
Premium
United States
Michigan
GTP_Brewguy
I need a little help with setting up my garage. How do you list the tune settings? what's the format? I figured someone in the tuning community might help me out. Thank You :) :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I need a little help with setting up my garage. How do you get it to list the cars that you have and how do you list the tune settings? what's the format? I figured someone in the tuning community might help me out. Thank You :) :gtpflag:

Here's how you make a list of tunes. I'm going to pretend your first post here is a tune and this works for any post, anywhere on GTP.

1. Go to the post with the tune, in this case your post #1 and left click on #1 and you see this:
upload_2015-2-10_1-44-28.png

2. Double click on the 2nd part, the URL, until it's all highlighted, then right click on it and hit "copy" in the drop down menu.

upload_2015-2-9_23-44-22.png

3. Go to wherever you want the link to the tune to appear (the first or second post of your tuning garage for example) and hit "paste" and you'll get this (I added spaces so you can see it uncoded):

[UR L="ht tp://ww w.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looking-for-help-with-my-garage.323734/"]Looking for Help with my Garage[/ URL]

4. See the bolded part? Change that to the name of your tune like this:

[UR L="ht tp://ww w.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looking-for-help-with-my-garage.323734/"]2015 Ford GT[/ URL]

5. I added spaces above to that you can see the text but when there are no spaces it'll display like this as a link to the post with the tune (in this example it links to your first post):

2015 Ford GT

Last edited:
Cool :cool: That helps alot Thanks 👍 But what about putting the tune on? Suspension,Trans,Drivetrain,Power and Weight in a list format.
There are several ways to do it. One is you can just type out the information like this example.

The way I did it in my garage was to make a spreadsheet then take a screenshot of it on the PC and copy and paste it onto a post. Here's an example. I wouldn't recommend it however as it was cumbersome and time consuming to edit.

Praiano used his own template. Here's an example.

No probs bud, here you go.

Specifications:
Performance Points:
Max. power:
Weight:
Weight Distribution:
Drivetrain:

Parts Fitted:

The tune:

Suspension settings:
Ride Height:
Spring Rate:
Dampers(Compression):
Dampers(Extension):
Anti-Roll Bars:
Camber:
Toe Angle:
Brake Balance:

Drivetrain:
Initial Torque:
Acceleration Sensitivity:
Braking Sensitivity:

Power:
Power Limiter:

Body:
Aerodynamics: Stock
Ballast Amount:
Ballast Position:

Transmission:
Set Final Gear@:
Set top Speed @:
Set Individual ratios to:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
Set final gear to:
Top Speed:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PARTS LIST (Copy and paste when needed)

BODY OPTIONS

Weight Reduction Stage 1
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Weight Reduction Stage 3

Carbon Bonnet

Window Weight Reduction

POWER OPTIONS

Engine Tuning Stage 1
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Engine Tuning Stage 3

Sports Computer

Sports Exhaust
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Racing Exhaust

Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Sports Catalytic Converter

Intake Tuning

Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Supercharger

Nitrous kit

DRIVETRAIN PARTS

Twin-Plate Clutch
Triple-Plate Clutch

Carbon Propeller Shaft

AYC

Mechanical Limited Slip Differential

Torque Centering Differential

TRANSMISSION PARTS

Fully Customizable Transmission
5-Speed Close Ratio Transmission
6-Speed Close Ratio Transmission

SUSPENSION PARTS

Fully Customizable Suspension
Soft Sports Suspension
Hard Sport Suspension
Rally Suspension

Racing Brake Kit

TYRES

Comfort Hard
Comfort Medium
Comfort Soft

Sports Hard
Sports Medium
Sports Soft

Racing Hard
Racing Medium
Racing Soft
Racing Intermediate
Racing Wet

Dirt Tyres

Spiked Snow Tyres

WHEELS

Standard Size
Size-up 1 inch
Size-up 2 inch

AERO PARTS

Front Aero Kit
Flat Floor
Rear Wing

Custom Rear Wing Mounts
Custom Rear Wing
Custom Rear Wing Ends

Other parts

GT AUTO OPTIONS
Car Wash
Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this saved on my computer and just copy and paste what's needed. Hope it helps.:cheers:

Thank You @Thorin Cain and @demonchilde 👍 👍 for your tune sheets, they will come in handy. :cheers:
No problem at all. I didn't want to reply in your garage just yet, until you get settled in at least but Good luck with it. If I see something in the window I fancy I'll pop in and go for a spin.

And another thing. I remember telling you a long time ago, your signature was cool....Much better now:tup::bowdown::cheers:

@Brewguy44 you can also use the tuning data base here and just link to it. Gives a uniform look for all your tunes and makes them serachble by someone that comes looking from say google or bing. after you make the tune you can just copy the url and post into your garage. if you attach a image to the tune you can use the same
[url=https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/schwimmwagen-typ-166-42.908/]
Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42[/url]
[ATTACH=full]275370[/ATTACH]
code in your garage and it will link to the image
below is how the above code would look.

Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42

View attachment 275370

@Brewguy44 you can also use the tuning data base here and just link to it. Gives a uniform look for all your tunes and makes them serachble by someone that comes looking from say google or bing. after you make the tune you can just copy the url and post into your garage. if you attach a image to the tune you can use the same
[url=https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/schwimmwagen-typ-166-42.908/]
Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42[/url]
[ATTACH=full]275370[/ATTACH]
code in your garage and it will link to the image
below is how the above code would look.

Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42

View attachment 275370
I'm sure I've seen that style somewhere before.:lol: It does give a cleaner, classier look to the tune posts in the garage, I think so anyway:tup:

Back