Looking for new friends on GTS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abellurnox
  • 19 comments
  • 1,007 views
Messages
8
United States
United States
As the topic says, I am looking for players new and old, my PSN is Abellurnox. Just entered the GTS world ;).

I am currently level 17 and finished 100% driving challenges.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
HI Abel. Welcome. Did you mean driving school or mission challenges? I've found some of the later challenges to be a little challenging. I'm on 6-8 at the moment. The driving school was no trouble. The final test took me a few tries. The rest I got 1st or 2nd time
 
HI Abel. Welcome. Did you mean driving school or mission challenges? I've found some of the later challenges to be a little challenging. I'm on 6-8 at the moment. The driving school was no trouble. The final test took me a few tries. The rest I got 1st or 2nd time
Hi, Sleepydragon! sorry for the word choice, it was 100% finished driving school, I am heading toward the challenges right now. Yeah, the last one of driving school was so difficult for me that I took about 40+ minutes on that.

BTW How did you manage to know when to brake in a 180-degree curve without almost stalling? Every try I took results differently.

I followed you on the app.
 
I'm not sure which test you mean right off. I watched the videos on all of them. Even if it seemed simple, there were valuable tips. I'll be happy to have a look if you tell me which one. Normally, you would brake before a corner, but some of those ones on trail braking had you braking late. I sent PSN request. different name but I sent a message that it was me
 
Now I realized I haven't watched a single one of them videos...:banghead: The test I am talking about is not a specific one it's just any test that involves a tough corner. Anyway, thanks for the info!
 
Yeah it's gonna vary depending on a lot of factors like the car characteristics and the angle of the track etc. Usually brake early and out-in out/cut the apex and accelerate as early as possible coming out. Obviously, any of the times by our wonderful instructor in the game can be improved on. Just look at the top qualifying times in any sport mode race for proof of that. It's a solid starting point though
 
As the topic says, I am looking for players new and old, my PSN is Abellurnox. Just entered the GTS world ;).
Welcome to the GTP family Player :gtpflag:. Tried to send a friend request, but there are like 4 accounts in front of me :lol:. Which one is yours? 3 of them end with "JP, EU, and en".

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out through process of elimination lol. Wow, you accepted as I was typing this :lol:
 
Last edited:
Qyn
Welcome to the GTP family Player :gtpflag:. Tried to send a friend request, but there are like 4 accounts in front of me :lol:. Which one is yours? 3 of them end with "JP, EU, and en".

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out through process of elimination lol. Wow, you accepted as I was typing this :lol:
Hi Qyn! Haha the rest of them are my regional accounts, by this, I can have every game on the psn possible! But I only play one account, the one I accepted! I am hoping to start the sport mode asap!:cheers:
 
Hi Qyn! Haha the rest of them are my regional accounts, by this, I can have every game on the psn possible! But I only play one account, the one I accepted! I am hoping to start the sport mode asap!:cheers:
Well that makes sense now lol.

You've definitely come to the right place for knowledge regarding GTS. The guys here are 🤬 awesome! The 1st piece of advice I think you'll get around here is to practice, practice, practice, and when you feel like you've had enough.....go practice some more :lol:. After that, all you have to do is "git gud" as quoted by my buddy @Invisigoth.

The 2nd thing I'll bring to your attention is to concentrate on your race craft before you focus on speed. The speed will come eventually, but you'll have a better experience in GTSport if you can race with very little to no contact. Hope this helps, and again welcome. Hope to see you on the track some day soon:cheers:.
 
Sport mode = don't drive like the AI in campaign or previous GT games. Funny they didn't show those drivers the etiquette videos. or maybe they did and they ignored them. Old habits die hard
 
Qyn
... concentrate on your race craft before you focus on speed. The speed will come eventually, but you'll have a better experience in GTSport if you can race with very little to no contact.

We don't know your skill level, your experience or your aspirations. Welcome!

One thing I advise the less learned is to discover what your car *will* do before you find out what it *won't* do. Build up safely & slowly - learn efficient lines & hit them, then do that more quickly.

Remember success is about compromise, be it selective optimization of combinations of corners or altering desired lines to deal with traffic or depleting tires.

Many members here will respect you more for your clean racing habits than for any alien times you throw down.


@GTR365_ on PSN
 
We don't know your skill level, your experience or your aspirations. Welcome!

One thing I advise the less learned is to discover what your car *will* do before you find out what it *won't* do. Build up safely & slowly - learn efficient lines & hit them, then do that more quickly.

Remember success is about compromise, be it selective optimization of combinations of corners or altering desired lines to deal with traffic or depleting tires.

Many members here will respect you more for your clean racing habits than for any alien times you throw down.


@GTR365_ on PSN
This is exactly what I was trying to relay. Thanks @GTR365 :D.

friend request coming sometime today :cheers:
 
Huge thanks to everyone replied to this thread, I will add you all when I get home.
Remember success is about compromise, be it selective optimization of combinations of corners or altering desired lines to deal with traffic or depleting tires.

Many members here will respect you more for your clean racing habits than for any alien times you throw down.

This is a GREAT TIP! In fact, I practiced sometimes today and found that I am always too eager to overtake the opponents in the corner which often results in a crash or a bad habit of racing (touching the grassland) I am now learning to control the pace at the corner and give space to each car on the road. :cheers: Hope to meet you all soon on the tracks.
 
Always looking to add GT Planet friends. I'm at Level 45. DR-B/SR-S. PSN below in sig.

Slower the better. I'm always last on my current friends list. :lol:
 
Always looking to add GT Planet friends. I'm at Level 45. DR-B/SR-S. PSN below in sig.

Slower the better. I'm always last on my current friends list. :lol:
haha, I guess I am too if I am on a ranking of people in this thread! Anyway, I sent you a friend request.:cheers:
 
Back