Lost all my data, a year's worth of work.

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 30 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
For some reason Forza 4 wouldn't load at all this past couple of days. Would get to the main screen (when you press [A] to start game), then that wheel would just rotate slowly forever.
"saving - please do not turn off your console" would just stay on the screen for as long as I could be bothered waiting.
I tried uploading my save game to Cloud but that kept failing as well, along with some error message.

I uninstalled the game, still wouldn't load from disc.

So I bit the bullet and formatted the HDD, then downloaded my profile again.
Tried to load up Forza 4 again, which started by saying there was an update available (8Mb). This got to almost 100% downloaded and then again just stayed on screen for as long as I wished to wait. No idea what's wrong :indiff:

Genuinely devastated. I've spent a year getting to where I was...

Around 700th on the overall leaderboards (and was nowhere near finished).
Had driven many thousands of miles.
Owned the most expensive cars in the game, plus;
All Ferraris, All Nissans, All BMWs and about 100 more other cars from various manufacturers.
Had about 25,000,000 credits left.
Had spent countless hours and days creating liveries and decals.
All world championships and world tours completed (plus loads more completed from the events list).
Etc etc...

I don't really have a question as such, just wanted you all to share my pain :(

Yeah I know that, but I can't start all over again. All those races completed, liveries made, credits earned, cars bought.
I just don't have the heart to start all over again.

Sorry to hear, that really sucks. Unfortunately, I can't help you with most of it, but if you need a little cash injection to help you at least a little, let me know.

My file corrupted earlier this year... Lost all my setups. I restarted and actually found it refreshing.

AI is no where difficult enough, so I handicapped myself through my career by using lower PI cars in as many of the races that I could. Mind you, I'm only in the mid-40's now (level, not age! :P) because it started to feel like a grind.

I'm with doctorrg too. If you need some cash, I can give you a little boost. I don't use 75% of the cars in my garage anyways hahahaha

PS. hennessey86 has a point. At least you keep your ranks on the leaderboards :D

I went and bought a new Xbox earlier and started again *sigh*
On a plus not - my liveries and decals I had created were indeed saved to Cloud so I never lost those thankfully.
I actually have a wee system going now. I bought 6 car tokens, then with that bought a Ferrari 512 TR and completed a couple of the class B world tour races.
Money is up to 136,000Cr now after only a couple of races. I'm about to purchase a Lotus 2-Eleven (with 1 token) and go through a couple of the class A world tour races.
I'm quickly gathering up money and cars so should be in a much healthier position by the end of the day.

but if you need a little cash injection to help you at least a little, let me know.

I'm with doctorrg too. If you need some cash, I can give you a little boost.

👍 :cheers:

I really really appreciate the offers guys (restores faith in humanity), but like I said there, I reckon I'll easily be back into the millions before the end of the day so the cash flow isn't a big deal (now that I've had time to think about it).

I am disappointed at other stats which I can't get back. I was at driver level 116 (now at 5 or 6 :(), had Nissan to level 50 affinity as well as a few others to 25, had countless thousands of miles driven and so on.
Hey ho, it's not the end of the world. I too am finding it refreshing in a way :)

Sorry to hear your loss. I had a similar issue when my 360 got the RROD in Forza 2. I lost everything.

As mentioned above, rivals mode can get you a TON of cash if you make sure to sand bag over and over again. If you go all out right away, you wont get much cash. The fastest way is to sandbag the drag racing rivals events. But dont challenge your friends, challenge the nearest person to your time. And then just barely beat that person. Rinse and repeat. Money comes quick in there.

What can be done to help prevent this? I have the other gaming system that I won't mention and I use to save occasionally on a thumb drive. Thanks

Cheers for the tips guys :cheers:
I'm backing up my save onto a USB stick regularly now. No chances being taken :D

Remember the... perk of Rivals; once you get to the point of earning 100k each rival take-down, don't race the next person the system sets you up against (a friend or club member); check the "Near Me" bit and just get the person above you. I milked that for a few million back in the beginning :P

Really sorry to hear about the loss, I had a scare a few weeks ago but it luckily didn't amount to much; I know you turned it down already, but if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to shoot a message over 👍

browneyedman thanks for the cars mate, that was a nice wee boost, very much appreciated. You're a gent.

Sent you the Diablo GTR back with a new livery added :cheers:

browneyedman thanks for the cars mate, that was a nice wee boost, very much appreciated. You're a gent.

Sent you the Diablo GTR back with a new livery added :cheers:

I was just glad to help out. You know us Canadians...we help out you guys from across the pond whenever you need us.

I've been there. I lost my data also when I first started.

1. The liveries you sent me are actually great 👍
2. Mostly around Toronto (Oshawa, Orangeville and then in the city itself), I have some family just across the border in Michigan too. And an uncle (+ aunt and cousins) in Boston.
They're all from here in Northern Ireland but moved to Canada in the 70's. All except my mum.

Thanks mum :(

Similar thing happened to me today. But I lost all of my game saves. I lost my Gears of War 3 ranking, all my Forza saves, everything. Rang up XBOX customer services, and they said that there is nothing that they can do :( If only it was a normal HDD I could restore it from a previous date...

CRZ
Similar thing happened to me today. But I lost all of my game saves. I lost my Gears of War 3 ranking, all my Forza saves, everything. Rang up XBOX customer services, and they said that there is nothing that they can do :( If only it was a normal HDD I could restore it from a previous date...

That sucks mate, bad times :(

I only cared about my Forza save, and thanks to a few good XBOX friends I'm already back into a much healthier position now. Plenty of cars, plenty of money. 👍

That really sucks mate, I do feel your pain : ( But don't give up, Forza 4 is a great game and you should just continue to have fun with it and you will soon get your stats back up.

Forza 5 won't be here for a long while yet, next gen console perhaps? So you have plenty of time : )

Ya I hadn't actually done it at that point ^^^
It was my intention to do so :(

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm screwed.

Changed paint job on my Porsche 911 S/C and it just keeps spinning :scared:

Why oh why must Forza have such a poor saving system... A game with such frequent save failures should auto back up.

...with some error message.

I don't really have a question as such, just wanted you all to share my pain :(

I feel you. I ran into a similar problem, as my Xbox crashed after an auction. All my paint jobs were gone, all the CR (ca. 4M), even the profile. This lasted for about an hour (3 restarts, no help), I turned off the Xbox and called it a day.

Next day, not only everything was restored all of a sudden, I even had a credit of 999.999.999 CR on my account. So I sat myself in and bought ALL the available cars (incl. DLCs, spent approximately 250.000.000 on the remaining cars) overnight.

What a tide. On that night I thought of throwing my XBOX away for good, now I am thinking, what will happen to my credits and cars when FM5 comes out? :dopey:

Yeah, T10 really need to figure out a way to have a backup without being able to cheat the game like so many are worried about. The further I get into the game, the more my heart skips a beat every time I start the system hoping there is no problem.

C'mon MS and T10, it cant be that hard at all to have the system do an auto backup or allow us to make our own.

Back