Lost positions after race

• Thread starter Snowdon_j
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I just finished the GR3 Nations Cup race at Brands Hatch, crossed the line in 5th but end classification had me down to 7th. I had a penalty on lap one but served it and ran clean through to the end, ended the race on 0.1 laps of fuel remaining but as 6th crosses about 1.5s later they go above me, 7th doesn’t change then 8th pushes me down to 7th as they finish 15-20s later. Can anyone help me with why this happened?

I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I just finished the GR3 Nations Cup race at Brands Hatch, crossed the line in 5th but end classification had me down to 7th. I had a penalty on lap one but served it and ran clean through to the end, ended the race on 0.1 laps of fuel remaining but as 6th crosses about 1.5s later they go above me, 7th doesn’t change then 8th pushes me down to 7th as they finish 15-20s later. Can anyone help me with why this happened?

Did you use all three compounds? I've inherited many a race win thanks to people not using all compounds

Did you use all three compounds? I've inherited many a race win thanks to people not using all compounds
Just hard and medium, I saw the icon at the bottom right but didn’t put two and two together, just assumed it was the available compounds

My experience this weekend is that 90%+ ignore the tyre requirements. Not much point in having rules if that many are ignoring them. They should bring in something more punitive like a d/q. I’ll bet folk would adhere to them then.

My experience this weekend is that 90%+ ignore the tyre requirements. Not much point in having rules if that many are ignoring them. They should bring in something more punitive like a d/q. I’ll bet folk would adhere to them then.

i think it's more that ppl did not know about tyre requirements than ignore them. whenever tyre requirements are in place there are plenty of threads around wanting to know why they got a 20 sec penalty. i got caught out once but now i check https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/ to see all requirements for Nations and Manufactures as it's easy to miss it in game.

The game tells you there are required tyres. The game doesn't tell you there's a penalty for not using them. It also doesn't say what the penalty is for once it's been applied. I don't know how PD haven't changed this. Surely they have data from all the races that are happening and penalties being applied for this? Do they not wonder why it's still happening, months after they made the change?

The game tells you there are required tyres. The game doesn't tell you there's a penalty for not using them. It also doesn't say what the penalty is for once it's been applied. I don't know how PD haven't changed this. Surely they have data from all the races that are happening and penalties being applied for this? Do they not wonder why it's still happening, months after they made the change?
This is why people should read GTPlanet: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sports-2020-fia-pre-season-begins-this-week/
Mandatory tires are still in effect, with a 20s time penalty for any car ignoring tire requirements.

You get a 20 second penalty if you don't use the mandatory tyre compounds, which was softs, mediums and hards for this race. I'm guessing you didn't use all three?
I did 2 races on the weekend and didn’t notice this at all, but wondered why I and everyone around me all showed 20s penalties!

yes this needs to be better communicated!

When it happened to me, in my first FIA race, I searched the internet for an answer. It hasn’t happened again since. Having said that, additional warnings may be appropriate.

I still think the 20 seconds are insufficient, especially if you are leading or towards the front, as track position doesn’t become as much a factor, if at all.

I say they should put the tire requirements on the track info screen in game (where you select to enter, free run, etc). That way people won’t miss it. Most people (like me) rarely check the GT site.

Having it in the lower right corner in the pre race lobby can be missed.

Meh. It isn't hard to click on the "race details" screen before the event. One should always know the rules of engagement before they engage. This applies to more than just GT Sport.

Back