Lost.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sprite
  • 45 comments
  • 1,915 views

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
Messages
8,429
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
Messages
GTP_Sprite
Just watched the pilot episode and the second episode and this looks like a quite entertaining show. Anyone else seen it?


Synopsis below



Out of the blackness, the first thing Jack (Matthew Fox, Party of Five) senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had -- like Kate (Evangeline Lilly), who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. Hurley (Jorge Garcia) – a man with a warm sense of humor despite the desperate situation – does his best to keep his cool as he helps those around him to survive. Charlie (Dominic Monaghan, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring trilogy) is a faded rock star who harbors a painful secret. Sayid (Naveen Andrews, The English Patient) is a Middle Eastern man who must wrestle with the racial profiling directed at him by some of his fellow survivors. Jin (Daniel Dae Kim, Spider-Man 2, 24) and Sun (Yunjin Kim) are a Korean couple whose traditions, values and language are foreign and thus causes much to get lost in the translation.

Sawyer (Josh Holloway) has an air of danger surrounding him, and his intense sense of mistrust for everyone around him could prove to be fatal to his fellow castaways. Michael (Harold Perrineau, Oz) has just gained custody of his nine-year-old son, Walt (Malcolm David Kelley, Antwone Fisher, You Got Served), after the death of his ex-wife – they are a father and son who don't even know each other. Locke (Terry O'Quinn, Alias, Primal Fear) is a mysterious man who keeps to himself, and who harbors a deeper connection to the island than any of the others. And self-centered Shannon (Maggie Grace, Oliver Beene) – who actually gives herself a pedicure amid the chaos – and her estranged controlling brother, Boone (Ian Somerhalder, Smallville) – constantly bicker and must learn to get along if they are to survive.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle, which fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.

From J.J. Abrams, the creator of "Alias," comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.
 
👍 brilliant, makes you go "ohhhh" a lot especially when you find out who was cuffed :dopey: :lol:
 
Yeah it's a great show.I wonder what Kate actually did though?
 
It surely did get me lost...

Stupid program with a plot so stupid it's stupid.

Stupid.

... oh and the amount of stereotyping in the film really put me off too.

I noticed in just 10 minutes the typical movie/programme sterotyping:

The young American knows everything but doesn't
The old American is wise and overpowering
The Black American is causing **** or at least involved with it
The Englishman is a clueless drug addicted musician
The Korean is the underground crook

Although the line when the Englishmen handed the chicks shirt back

'they were full of bees...'

'...I thought they were C's actually'

made me grin.
 
That Englishman of which you speak is actually Merri or Peppin from Lord Of The Rings. Thought he did quite a good job so far. Watched the first two hours, they were very good. Went to the pub during the Big Bro. half hour :p
 
I thought it was good, well worth watching. During the middle section of the series it seems like nothing is happening but stick with it, everything ties in together later in the series (sort of) . The end was utter arse though, they couldn't have screwed us over more. Though now I feel compelled to see the next series.
 
Best series on TV by far. I don't think a series has ever drawn me in this deep before, and it's got me beggin' for more... (this is sounding weird :odd: )

I can't wait 'til the new series goes on air here in NZ - I think it's in Janurary some time.

*holds breath*
 
I was kind of watching last night too... looks OK, but I probably won't watch it... still, the idea of it being a bit of a mysterious island with odd stuff going on makes it alot more interesting that merely a TV version of Castaway (WILSON! :dunce: )

Of course, the leading actor is a well-chiseled super-intellegent hero character, and the leading woman is a gorgeous, feisty-yet-strangely-drawn-to-the-hero character, and some of the other characters do look quite stereotyped, so that is one instant draw back... but atleast it looks to be a bit more interesting than the usual board of fare...
 
Yeh i really liked this programme, i do agree with Taurine, about the stereotyping of people, but that aside i think that it has potential to be as good as things like the sheild, and 24, but not on the same planet as Soprano's #1 show of all time ;)
 
"Lost" was my favorite TV show last year until I missed an episode or two, and I totally lost track of the plot. At that point, I stopped watching the show and decided that I will wait for it to come out on DVD. Well, that day is here(kind of, it's 1:56AM). I'm gonna go get it in the morning. I think it's like $35 at BestBuy? I can't wait! :D
 
:grumpy: Lost... Meh... now if they had A DVD for that old VIPER t.v. show THAT would be a DVD worth buying. :drool:
 
VIPFREAK
:grumpy: Lost... Meh... now if they had A DVD for that old VIPER t.v. show THAT would be a DVD worth buying. :drool:
That one with the silver Viper?

Didn't it change into other stuff? And it could drive itself, and was bulletproof. Is that the show you're talkin' about?

With Scott Bakula? (I think).
 
YEP!

James McCaffrey did seasons 1 and 4
viper01.jpg


Jeff Kaake did seasons 2 and 3
viper.jpg


:D
 
Viper was a much better show than lost. 👍
 
I have been watching lost too. I was at work on the night it started and then when it was shown on E4 the following sunday night, luckily though they put the first 3(!!) episodes on at stupid o'clock at night/morning. The first two episodes blew me away and the third seemed a little more settled, however some bits a laughable just because of the stereotyping in it, it's a little cliche'd at times.

I managed to find a torent link of last weeks (which i had initially missed) which took ages to DL but was worth it. Can't wait for tomorrow nights. The site had links to the entire season which ius kind of tempting but i think i'll wait and watch it weekly.
 
VIPFREAK
YEP!

James McCaffrey did seasons 1 and 4
viper01.jpg


Jeff Kaake did seasons 2 and 3
viper.jpg


:D
I think I might've seen a episode or two of this show. :lol: I thought you were kidding!
 
I just finished watching the first episode on the new DVD. 👍 With progressive scan, Dolby Digital 5.1 and anamophic widescreen, it's like a completely different show! Feels like a real movie. It's $40 in most stores. If you are a fan of the show, I highly recommend it.
 
Viper was an awesome show.. the story changed though? In the original Pilot the driver was a crim on his deathbed.. then they changed it to another guy or something.. can't remember now..
 
He's a criminal with the "outfit" (like the black market or mob I guess). Because of the Mayor and his desperation to save his ass he luckily finds Micheal Payton and brain washes him to become a cop, Joe Astor. He becomes the test driver for the VIPER project, at the same time he has a relationship with the nurse that helped him to recover and eventually the "outfit" finds out and blackmales Astor to give up the Viper. Little did he know that not turning over the Viper will lead Conner to be the one to blow up his GF in Astor's apartment which he witnesses. Conner was the #2 bad guy when Astor was Payton. Astor is forced to find himself by going to Elizabeth's mother's house (the nurse, his GF) and when he gets back finds out the Viper project has been "sunk". The reason it was "sunk" was the mayor (who was killed later for not following though) didn't destroy the Viper because he had a deal with the "outfit" in which wasn't up held. Astor and Frankie ( the pipeline :lol: ) got to the Viper and took it to Julian's house (the "father" of the Viper project) before the Viper could be destroyed. Fast forward a bit Astor has found their hideout in an old plant and the three of them (Astor, Julian and Frankie) form VIPER. :D

Almost forgot... Here's More info. :D

Good god I went off topic, I forgot this was the Lost Thread. :dopey: :lol:

I saw like 5 min of it tonight and immediately turned it, does that count as back on topic?
 
All that info just went straight over my head.. :lol:

Holy Crap!.. this is a lost thread/?.. didn't realise with all the pics on Viper.. :lol:

This will be the last we should mention Viper then.. :lol:



Thanks for the info..





2..
 
Back on-topic:

Sooooo, that Canadian chick's kinda hot:

20050331-lost02.jpg


:sly:

It's worth watching just for her. ;)

Lost is a great show if you don't over analyse it. Sure it's far-reaching and stereo-typical, but just switch that side of your brain off and just watch the show. Wonder about the stuff that actually happens, not the trivial stuff like "What do they eat?, Why are they so healthy?..." There's plenty of other shows that you can do that with, (like the news), with this one I just sat back and took it on face value. I think it's better that way.
 
Yeah, she's quite hot. :D

I like the show quite alot actualy. I'm on the 3rd episode now and going to watch a few more later (on DVD). It's quite interesting to see how they'll survive. I've always been interested in stuff like this. :)
 
G.T
Yeah, she's quite hot. :D

I like the show quite alot actualy. I'm on the 3rd episode now and going to watch a few more later (on DVD). It's quite interesting to see how they'll survive. I've always been interested in stuff like this. :)
Season 2 starts here in the states on the 21st (week and a half). I didn't miss an episode of Season 1 and am going to buy it on DVD, but I think my wife did and is holding it until Christmas. :ouch:

Stick with it and ignore the stereotyping. They actually address the eating and healthy issue later on. Food and water do play important roles in some episodes.

I think the audience is supposed to wonder more about what the thing on the island is (the ABC forums are calling it the See Monster) and what the heck is up with all the stuff around them. You get a good season of going WTF dude?
 
FoolKiller
... You get a good season of going WTF dude?
*resists the urge to ........ spoil ........ for ........ all........*

:lol: Muhahahahahaha
 
ferrari_chris
Sooooo, that Canadian chick's kinda hot:
I think they are all kinda hot. And no, except the older ones. :D

G.T
Yeah, she's quite hot. :D

I like the show quite alot actualy. I'm on the 3rd episode now and going to watch a few more later (on DVD). It's quite interesting to see how they'll survive. I've always been interested in stuff like this. :)
I loved it, when I caught few episodes on TV, but on the DVD, it's ADDICTING!. Last night, like at 1AM, I wanted to go to bed. I did go to bed three more episodes later. :dopey:

FoolKiller
Stick with it and ignore the stereotyping. They actually address the eating and healthy issue later on. Food and water do play important roles in some episodes.
I don't get the people complaining about stereotyping either. It's a TV show. Majority of successful TV show characters are stereotyped to certain degree. On food and water, the water thing is crazy. It's like every couple of minutes, someone's chugging bottled water. :lol:
 
a6m5
I loved it, when I caught few episodes on TV, but on the DVD, it's ADDICTING!. Last night, like at 1AM, I wanted to go to bed. I did go to bed three more episodes later. :dopey:
I know what that's like. :lol:

I was the same with "24".

Edit: I noticed on the season 1 DVD, it plays traliers of movies and stuff before the menu, and after that it was the tralier to season 2. WTF? *pressed menu button*. :D
 
a6m5
On food and water, the water thing is crazy. It's like every couple of minutes, someone's chugging bottled water. :lol:
Well, they briefly mention how they are getting that and then move on as if that settles it. I think they would rather you wonder what is up with Kate, Locke, Sawyer, and a few very strange others than worry about food and water.

How far into the season are the people who are getting their first run so I don't risk saying to much. I mean, I don't want to tell you the thing on the island is really an alien lifeform just to ruin it. j/k :sly:

Seriously though, I don't want to say too much by accident thinking that it is common knowledge.
 
G.T
I know what that's like. :lol:

I was the same with "24".
I used to have "24" Season 1. I happen to catch flu, right when I bought it(seriously). I just stayed home and watching those DVDs were all I did. I think I finished the entire series in 2, 3 days, and no, I don't have any self control. :D

FoolKiller
Well, they briefly mention how they are getting that and then move on as if that settles it. I think they would rather you wonder what is up with Kate, Locke, Sawyer, and a few very strange others than worry about food and water.

How far into the season are the people who are getting their first run so I don't risk saying to much. I mean, I don't want to tell you the thing on the island is really an alien lifeform just to ruin it. j/k :sly:

Seriously though, I don't want to say too much by accident thinking that it is common knowledge.
Yeah, you've got to be careful about the possible spoilers. I ended up watching the season finale, while on a road trip last night. I wasn't too impressed with it. The story ended up with more problems than solutions, and I'll leave it at that. Hopefully, they'll end the season 2 strong.
 
a6m5
Yeah, you've got to be careful about the possible spoilers. I ended up watching the season finale, while on a road trip last night. I wasn't too impressed with it. The story ended up with more problems than solutions, and I'll leave it at that. Hopefully, they'll end the season 2 strong.
Well, they promise Season 2 will be about answers. Of course the season finale promised a lot too.

When season 2 starts here in the states we may need to create a different thread to avoid ruining it for others.
 
Back