Lotus Esprit Sport 350

Lotus Esprit Sport 350

• Thread starter nick77
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
electronicnick
I just bought this car and on your setup recommendations, but however hard I try, I cannot set the transmission how you do it, with either setup. Any ideas? I have seen this car move and it keeps up and beats the beasts out there.

I just bought this car and on your setup recommendations, but however hard I try, I cannot set the transmission how you do it, with either setup. Any ideas? I have seen this car move and it keeps up and beats the beasts out there.

I've just had a go with it and there are major problems since 1.09 - mostly the car will not go through the corners without spinning, seems to have lost some top end and with camber and higher ride height (which I think will now be necessary) there will be more lost mph. I've done some testing but there is no quick fix. Annoying but must be able to make it go through the corner flat again, will update post with new tune asap.

That wasn't the problem. I have a suspension and drivetrain setup that I use for almost all of my cars. What I couldn't workout was your transmission. I appreciate that since we are now at version 1.11 on GT6 that transmissions might have changed. But I tried finding your transmission setup using various settings, ie swapping kph for mph and vice versa. I couldn't even get close to any of the settings, no matter what I tried. Are you using an imported version of gt6, which might explain the differences. If not then im afraid your setup will not work. iRabbit is who I get all of my set ups from, if he couldn't use it, then something isn't working, maybe your end or ours. But thank you for replying to me quickly. Most of all thank you for taking the time to try and tune not just for yourself but everyone.

That wasn't the problem. I have a suspension and drivetrain setup that I use for almost all of my cars. What I couldn't workout was your transmission. I appreciate that since we are now at version 1.11 on GT6 that transmissions might have changed. But I tried finding your transmission setup using various settings, ie swapping kph for mph and vice versa. I couldn't even get close to any of the settings, no matter what I tried. Are you using an imported version of gt6, which might explain the differences. If not then im afraid your setup will not work. iRabbit is who I get all of my set ups from, if he couldn't use it, then something isn't working, maybe your end or ours. But thank you for replying to me quickly. Most of all thank you for taking the time to try and tune not just for yourself but everyone.

That's the problem I have with it (so that's my focus) but anyway have just tested what you have said and the numbers are not obtainable anymore for the transmission. I reset it to stock transmission then put it back to customisable and followed the instructions, slider first then final gear then the other way round and neither way were those old numbers obtainable - one for the undocumented changes thread I suppose because I'd never heard about it.

IMAG0033.jpg

Last edited:
nick77 updated Lotus Esprit Sport 350 with a new update entry:

Lotus Esprit Sport 350

Tune updated to reflect the changes since 1.09 in regard to suspension, work still to be done on the gearing.

Specifically created for Like the Wind race 3 (the tyre restriction stops the use of soft race tyres).

Changes:

Downforce added, ride height raised, suspension soften (particularily at the rear) differential removed, traction control lowered to 8

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for your update. Just about all my specially tuned cars are used on special x and special route 7. I host a room on the special X and occasionally on route 7, so I want fast cars for the straights, but I also like to know they will handle the banks on the special x and both turns on route 7. Your welcome to come along and race with us, Cootershere DIRTY =BOOTED is what your looking for. Remember Nick, without people like you, people like me would never make it out of the career mode. Sometimes a setup works, sometimes it doesn't, but we and especially me appreciate you trying. Thank you.

Graham tell me how you get on with the gearing; even brought a new Sport 350 to test - should work now.

Yeah will find you on line at some point for a race or 2

I will try your setup tomorrow. However, the setup I have right now, lets me comfortably keep up and beat H13s, Tz3s and just about anything else I race against. The only thing that lets me down is my own racing, ir when someone with a better tuned car comes along. The fastest car I have raced on the special x is my Supra(now retired), somehow I got 356mph out of that, you can see it on my profile photo. Boosts and slipstreams help most racers. The ones who don't use the boost and slipstream are the real racers.

Back