Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XII

Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XIICars  1.03f

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexlockout
  • 8 comments
  • 1,103 views
Messages
255
Russian Federation
Саратов
alexlockout submitted a new resource:

Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XII - Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XII

View attachment 1558825

Configuration - Ford Cosworth 116E Mk XII.
Displacement - 1,594 cc.
Power - 140 bhp @ 6,500 rpm.
Gearbox - Hewland Mk III 5-speed.
Max speed - 240 km/h.
Power to weight - 0.30 hp/kg.
Wheelbase - 2,296 mm.
Weight distribution - 42/58.
Track - 1,308 mm, 1,273 mm.
Tires - 127/528 mm, 165/584 mm.
Weight - 467 kg.
https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/1472/Lotus-23-Cosworth.html .

Thanks:
Legion...

Read more about this resource...
 
alexlockout updated Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XII with a new update entry:

Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XII

This may be the final version. Some visual touches I wanted to see have been added, along with some physics issues I simply forgot to change in the last update.
Graphics: Metal clips between the windshield and side windows. The high rearview mirror post improves visibility and was added at the request of some racing organizations.
The early 3D model is still available and can be found in the oldmodel folder within the mod. Simply copy the files from oldmodel to the root of the mod folder and...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Perfecting perfection... 😁
Well, almost. I just ran through all the data again and noticed that the engine inertia was a bit high (0.124). I set it to 0.105, and the car became more agile. The throttle response is more aggressive, and there's a bit more instability under braking and when releasing the throttle. After all, this is the lightest car from the '60s, with thin tires and no downforce. A little instability wouldn't hurt. I'm debating whether to update the mod or not. :)
 
Although as a terrible driver with limited skills I sometimes enjoy with mods unrealistically easy to drive that make you think you are the king of the road, it's a pleasure to try master mods like this Lotus, which aim to replicate handling as close to reality as possible.

The previous version already drives like a dream, so any small detail that tries to add a bit more "realism" to the mod will be welcome... although I’ll never know if that’s the case, since I’ve never had (nor do I think I ever will have) the good fortune to drive a little gem like that... 😬
 
Although as a terrible driver with limited skills I sometimes enjoy with mods unrealistically easy to drive that make you think you are the king of the road, it's a pleasure to try master mods like this Lotus, which aim to replicate handling as close to reality as possible.

The previous version already drives like a dream, so any small detail that tries to add a bit more "realism" to the mod will be welcome... although I’ll never know if that’s the case, since I’ve never had (nor do I think I ever will have) the good fortune to drive a little gem like that... 😬
Well, we can all judge the "realism" of such cars only by watching YouTube onboards and hearing from real drivers who've driven them. I'm no driving guru either, but I enjoy the challenge of driving these cars, to remind myself that they're "stallions" from the golden age of racing. Changing the engine inertia won't radically change the mod, it'll just add a bit of spice. Again, if you find it unpleasant, you can always adjust the car's behavior with the settings. But personally, I like the car's behavior better after adjusting the engine inertia. I'll test it for a couple of days, then double-check the data, and maybe I'll finally release the final version.
 
Back