Low DF Suzuki

Messages
202
United States
Wisconsin
Messages
JJSCHMITTY
I noticed that the Suzuki Dirt Trial Car has low downforce representative compared to the large wings and extensions that it has compared to an LM or F1 car. Is this just me, or another short sighted desision by Kaz?
 
The downforce numbers that the game gives you for various cars are extremely contradictory and generally meaningless outside of tuning for that specific car. Some old 60s rally cars have 15/35 despite having nothing in the way of spoilers, even though that's the same downforce rating that the modern WRC cars have. The 1960s Le Mans cars have the same downforce numbers as the JGTC cars, despite in real life not having any downforce at all (and JGTC cars having so much downforce that cars from other contemporary racing series could not compete).

It's really just kind of a mess.
 
I think the the XJ13 having any downforce at all is pretty out of wack. I could see it having a super low drag coefficient, but obviously at the right speed that car would act like an airplane wing. Yet it has almost as much downforce as a GT500 car.
 
I think the the XJ13 having any downforce at all is pretty out of wack. I could see it having a super low drag coefficient, but obviously at the right speed that car would act like an airplane wing. Yet it has almost as much downforce as a GT500 car.

Same with all of the historic cars. That old alfa has no aero tweaks, but it can turn better than almost every other car at that downforce level.
 
Back