Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No, only the Elite should be there

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Germany
Cologne/Germany
PirovacBoy
Hello Community,
I have an idea that could change a lot if not everything for all the Players doing the FIA Races.
Let me try to explain.
Every year we See the same Names during the World Tours all around the World.
And while there is no doubt that These Players have definitely earned it, here is my Plan.
How about giving the 2nd/3rd Row Players a Chance and bring some freshness to These Events.
We are such a Great Community with so Many Enthusiastic Players that it would be so cool to give back some Credit to the ones making These Events possible.

To make it short here is my idea.
The Top Players all around the World do all Sign up for the same Manufacturer.
They then battle it out during the Official Season who is the best for that single specific Manufacturer in each Region.

By doing it that way, the rest of the playerbase finally gets a Chance to qualify for a World Tour.
It would be a Great Motivation Boost for the GTS Family/Community and a huge Credit by the top Players showing their Loyality to the People who gave them the possibility all the years.
I‘m not a great writer and English is not my 1st Language but I hope you get what I mean and how I mean to accomplish my idea.
Feel free to discuss and give some Pros/Cons.
I personally believe it would be awesome :cheers:

That wouldn't fly.

Is already hard for the top drivers to qualify. Imagine all of them in the same manufacturer and only one getting the chance to go to the finals. They wouldn't even bother.

As much as I'd like to see new people appearing, I give more importance to the fairness of the competition and, even with all the flaws it has atm (point system and differences in region), it's pretty straight forward.

New faces can go to live events. They just need to put in the (great amount of) effort and be better than the ones that are going right now.

Maybe having more people would give a chance to a few new faces to appear, or have a couple of wild cards, or even country finals prior to world and regional finals.

But forcing the top players out with unfair rules seems wrong.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be averse to opening things up to allow for lesser known players to get more exposure, but I don’t think it should come at the expense of the more established names. Perhaps creating other events for newcomers and other overshadowed players would be appropriate. For perspective, think of it as this game’s equivalent to the NBA’s Rising Stars Challenge.

Is already hard for the top drivers to qualify. Imagine all of them in the same manufacturer and only one getting the chance to go to the finals. They wouldn't even bother.
But isn’t it the same the other way around?!
I mean why should the others then bother...

But forcing the top players out with unfair rules seems wrong.
It wasn’t meant as an unfair rule nor did I say it should be one...

But I get what you mean Z, it’s a competitive game and only the best should be there.

Anyway, I’m a bit surprised that my idea is obviously not making people respond.
Strange.
But ok :)

I disagree. The top players are top players for a reason. They've put the biggest amount of time, effort and dedication into to the game, in order to become this good. Also, can't forget about natural talent they have as well. They are the ones who deserve to be in world tour events.

Giving chance to players that didn't put as much time, effort nor dedication and are less talented, is not right in my opinion.

Ignoring the now, thats not how top level sporting events work.
It was meant as a sign of loyality,a contribution by the the top Players to show their Friendship to the Community giving the others a chance too.
And if it’s only for once, whatever.
It would be a great gesture :)
They are the ones who deserve to be in world tour events.
Of course they are, so are the others too, who made it even possible for the best ones to be there... :)

I only want to see the best of the best go at it at these events so that’s a No from me.

This is basically my opinion too. Every sport in the world works this way and I don't see why GTSport should be different, and if it did it would be worse for it.

Someone once said that every Olympic event should have a "normal" person competing, just to demonstrate exactly how good Olympians are at their sport. The idea proposed in this thread kinda surmounts to that for me. We'd see a much bigger gap between first and last and that's not entertaining.

While it would be good to see more variety of faces at the WT events, the only way to do this is for the 2nd/3rd tier of players to be better. Not artificially removing top players to give them a spot, actually earning it.

We do have the Pro/Am races which introduces players we might not otherwise see, and I think that's really enough.

Plus to add, its not like (atleast most of) the "elite" will stayed there for a very long time. Eventually more alluring opportunities (be actually in racing/car industry or not) will come and its time for them to naturally leave, either GTSport scene or ESports scene entirely.

Case in point: Igor Fraga.

And Im saying this not just for racing game ESports but ESports in general.

Of course they are, so are the others too, who made it even possible for the best ones to be there... :)
Sorry, but no. Like I said before, Top Drivers are Top for a Reason. They are the drivers, that have put the highest time of practice, highest effort and highest dedication into this game. They are also the ones who have the highest talent. They are the ones who truly deserve to get invited in these Amazing World Tour Esport Events and compete against each other at highest level.

With ACC coming to consoles in June, the OP's wish might come true naturally with part of the current top tier migrating.

People seem to easily forget that while the same names do show up, new people do AND already have shown up to the world tour. Miyazono? He wasn't there in 2018, but was a new face in 2019. Solis? Again, another new face that wasn't there in 2018 but did arrive in 2019 and now consistantly shows up. If these two (Along with some new faces back in Sydney) managed to become part of the show without a rule like this, why should it be any different for anyone else?

Well, it seems like my idea is not very popular :D, maybe not truly understood/explained.
And that’s ok, everyone is free to raise his opinion.
To add a bit context from my perspective and responding to some answers here in general, I fully agree with ALL of you who say that only the best should attend, IF!!! it would be for a prize or a Contract in a real world racing Team or anything similar.
But as the World Tours are Set up at the Moment, it’s only about Prestige and fun.
So in that Case, I say we shouldn’t take these Events at its current state too serious. Honestly.
In the End it’s still just a Game and there is nothing big to be earned beside a Watch as far as I know.
As soon as this Event turns to something really serious/Cash Pool/Prize Money, well then I’m all with you no sayers, but until that point, let’s share the flair of being part of a big Community and give others a chance too,who in my opinion put in at least the same effort, but maybe are not that talented/gifted.

They are also super fast/skilled drivers.
I know a lot of players who are just a tiny bit slower, but besides that, they don’t lack any skills.
And I say they should get a piece of the cake they bake.
Without them the whole Game would stall;)

Last edited:
A couple different ideas that are slightly different from yours come to mind when I think about this:

1. Create a new class based on age group. 30+, or maybe 35-40years+, the same way they had the Japanese youth participate in the last live event, we could have us old guys competing against each other too. Of course I'm biased in this case, since I'm 37.

2. Create somewhat of a Pro-Am event that consists of the usual top drivers, paired with other good players, but pull those "Amateur" drivers from the list of people who regularly place somewhere in the Top 50, but outside of the top 5-10.

Sorry, but no. Like I said before, Top Drivers are Top for a Reason. They are the drivers, that have put the highest time of practice, highest effort and highest dedication into this game. They are also the ones who have the highest talent. They are the ones who truly deserve to get invited in these Amazing World Tour Esport Events and compete against each other at highest level.
Some are top because they're dirty and take advantage of the horrid penalty system. Nearly every event has had some really appalling driving with huge pile ups.

If I am to offer an opinion I would say I’d like to see the best players.
Be they man woman or child, I want to see the best.
I love the idea of a 35 plus age bracket for one of the races in the tour.
I’d bet the racing would be good quality.
I greatly enjoyed watching the real life racers mixing it up also and noticed when they were present it seemed the competitors learned a lot and raced smarter from that.
I’d like it if they could get real racing pros every tour even not just to be there for show but to race.

Some are top because they're dirty and take advantage of the horrid penalty system. Nearly every event has had some really appalling driving with huge pile ups.

just because you've seen dirty driving at live events, it doesn't mean those players are dirty, and it especially doesn't mean they are at the top BECAUSE they are dirty. that's going a bit too far. Everybody plays the same game within the same system and has relatively the same opportunity to compete and be chosen. Before the live events, they are subject to the same penalty system as everyone else. Many of the same names are at every event because they are simply the best, not because they know how to take advantage of a system.

Taking places away from people who deserve them on merit and giving them to people who don't deserve them on merit?

No.
It wasn’t meant as taking something away from anyone.
I guess it’s probably not explained/understood correctly.

It was meant as a „thank you“ from the top players to the Community of GTS. A free decision, nothing forced.

The top players have their own little Rivalry battling it out for their single chosen Manufacturer, whilst the other players don’t have to be demotivated before the Season has even begun.

It wasn’t meant to be permanent.
As soon as prizes would be gifted, the whole thing should turn to full competitive Mode with elbows out.
But until then, where is the problem?!

Last edited:
I would prefer to watch,

Current/Former Pro race
Women's Championship
DS4 Oval/Kart Championship
Logitech G29 Event
Open Team tournament

I don't think there's anyone dirty at the absolute top. Sure, maybe some of them are aggressive, or maybe they can sometimes accidentally make an accident with someone, but that doesn't mean they are dirty.

Back