LSD accel and decel=ramp angle?

• Thread starter wsctw
  • 36 comments
rsmithdrift is 100% correct...

I have been meaning to put together a guide for the LSD settings (for my LSD's explained guide), but never found the time to sit down and put it together... It seems you have explained it very near how I would have... If you don't mind, I would like to add your explanation to my guide (with credit of course)...

;)

Delphic Reason
rsmithdrift is 100% correct...

I have been meaning to put together a guide for the LSD settings (for my LSD's explained guide), but never found the time to sit down and put it together... It seems you have explained it very near how I would have... If you don't mind, I would like to add your explanation to my guide (with credit of course)...

;)

I was about to say the same thing. Very well laid out. Even I could understand it.. :dunce:

Delphic Reason

Yeah, Anybody who wants to can use my explanation. Feel free to quote or whatever.

Like I said "knowledge is the key, but only experience can turn the key." One cannot exist properly w/o the other.

And Swift, TankerSpanker quoted me in the LSD Tuning part of the Drift Reference that is linked to in your Signature. Just so you know.

rsmithdrift
And Swift, TankerSpanker quoted me in the LSD Tuning part of the Drift Reference that is linked to in your Signature. Just so you know.

Oh I know...I just wanted to come in and say thanks on the thread. :) So much going on that I forgot till this was brought back to the front.

Well, here's my explanation of the Full Customize LSD Accel and Decel settings in GT4. In dummy terms, when u add more to accel, your turning radius will be smaller (u turn sharper) during accerlation because you have more power to the outside wheel. When you take away from accel, its the opposite. When you add more to Decel, it will be harder to brake into turns (FF or AWD style driving with weight transfer to front) because both wheels will be stabilized. Adding more is good only if your car brakes hard from high speeds and you start losing control, it will then stabilize your car. Taking away from Decel lets you turn easier when you brake into turns because it wont split power from the wheels so evenly.

I'm really sure...i mean REALLY sure this is accurate. I'm not too good at explaining ANYTHING, but thats my best shot.

PS one more thing. Initial Torque just amplifies both the accel and decel. If u increase the IT from 10 to a higher number, your Accel rating will increase, and your Decel rating will increase (not decrease).

RichardSoAsian
Well, here's my explanation of the Full Customize LSD Accel and Decel settings in GT4. In dummy terms, when u add more to accel, your turning radius will be smaller (u turn sharper) during accerlation because you have more power to the outside wheel. When you take away from accel, its the opposite. When you add more to Decel, it will be harder to brake into turns (FF or AWD style driving with weight transfer to front) because both wheels will be stabilized. Adding more is good only if your car brakes hard from high speeds and you start losing control, it will then stabilize your car. Taking away from Decel lets you turn easier when you brake into turns because it wont split power from the wheels so evenly.

I'm really sure...i mean REALLY sure this is accurate. I'm not too good at explaining ANYTHING, but thats my best shot.

PS one more thing. Initial Torque just amplifies both the accel and decel. If u increase the IT from 10 to a higher number, your Accel rating will increase, and your Decel rating will increase (not decrease).

Apart from the bit in regard to the Initial setting, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

In summary LSD settings (in GT4) work as follows

Accel
Locking (higher value)
Increases traction out of corners by limiting wheel spin.
Limits the car’s ability to turn, particularly in tight corners.

Opening (lower value)
Reduces traction out of corners by increasing the chances of wheel spin.
Improves the car’s ability to turn, particularly in tight corners.

Decel
Locking (higher value)
Increases stability when decelerating into a corner.
Limits the car’s ability to turn.

Opening (lower value)
Reduces stability when decelerating into a corner.
Improves the car’s ability to turn.

That's a very brief and rough guide to LSD settings from my second GT4 settings guide. I suggest you have a read for more info (link in my sig).

Regards

Scaff

I know that the LSD has been explained already but just go with your gut sometimes, for me sometimes it takes hours for one setup because I want everything to act like water. but who knows....If want an example of one of my favorite setups and style go here

Back