LSX's Photomode Gallery - Updated With Supra/Ford GT

• Thread starter LSX
  • 40 comments

LSX

GTP_LSX
I've been fooling around with photomode.

Here is what I have come up with so far. Most of what I have here for the first update is from the '09 GTPlanet V8 Supercar Series I'm currently competing in, being put on by TheStig13. I'm new at this, but I am happy with most these shots. I was trying to capture speed in most of them, how did they come out?

Tsukuba Wet - Class 2 Commodore
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Suzuka East - Class 1 Camaro LM
picture.php

picture.php

Seattle Reverse - Class 1 Camaro LM VS Class 1 Falcon XR8
picture.php

picture.php

Seattle Reverse - Class 1 Camaro LM
picture.php

picture.php

Camaro LM test session
picture.php

Last edited:
Very good set you've presented in the first post. :) I like how you've taken shots of the cars at different angles. 👍 Brightness/ contrast are good, too.

All these galleries make my finger itch for some photomode to make my own.
Sadly i could probably only work on them on weekends. So I don't see the point in such an inactive gallery.

Thanks Stig, I was checking out your gallery actually, which inspired me to make my own haha. Your looks very good as well!

AHHH! Wow, that GIMP program is really something to work with...
Who knew messing with a picture could be so complicated? I'm sure it's not quite that, just I've never tried to edit a picture before, I think I went a bit overboard. I was trying to make it more night like, but I'm not sure I achieved that, as there are still shadows with no light source, as well as a generally dark picture. Also, I could not figure out how to make the light from the headlights reflect on to the track ahead. Not to mention the odd left side lights of both cars. Any advice on that stuff? Well, nothing special, but here it is, please give me advice on what to do, I've read Pink Floyd's how to, and I'll do more searching myself, but a few pointers couldn't hurt right :D?

This is an hour of trying to see what does what...

picture.php

Yeah i used GIMP before, but after reading pink floyds tutorial its alot easyer.

Also my attempts at making lights ....
It just looked... ughhh

Should I be starting with a clearer picture to begin with? The right side of this is pretty well blurred out, which ruins the cars panel lines.

I'm still working on editing photos, but maybe I should just get them to be looking good from the game its self before I go to far with editing?

Before
picture.php

After
picture.php

The new one is just great! Nich brightness/ contrast settings there. 👍 The car is clean, although there are some jaggies placed left from the right headlight of the car. The picture itself is well composed. :)

Thank you very much for the constructive criticism. I need to take more time looking things over. I'm still learning what things do with GIMP though, so they will get better :D (hopefully)

Thanks Finn, will do!

Here's more. Hope they are enjoyable.

fgt.jpg

Kinda cheap effect, can't really make it work out the right way yet.
flairgt40.jpg

GT42015.jpg

Thanks!

Haha wow you made it look a whole lot better than I managed to. 👍 I got some work to do :lol: Did you get your entry for week 11 sorted yet?

When you save the image, save it as a png instead of a jpg, that way the drop shadow doesn't have a harsh white background. Also, when you do blurs like in the third shot in your last post, don't just select the car. Select the car with it's shadow too, or it just looks like it's floating/pasted into the shot. And also you should always crop out the Gran Turismo Water mark. But good start so far. 👍

LSX
Thanks!

Haha wow you made it look a whole lot better than I managed to. 👍 I got some work yo do :lol: Did you get your entry for week 11 sorted yet?

You're welcome. 👍

Thanks :D It took a bit to get the hang of it, but it came out pretty good, in my opinion. I haven't taken any shots the last few days, though. I have to shoot an M Coupe and if I find time, I'll enter that competition. ;) But for now: No. :(

@David

I didn't do any editing to the third shot of the last group. I appreciate the criticism, I'm looking in to how to make my shots better so every thing I can learn helps a lot. Do you mean crop out, as in resize the picture to hide the water mark? That would be easier than cloning it out :lol: I've not figured out how to do blurs in the editing program but I'll keep what you've said in mind when I do go for it. Thanks!

Oh, the third one looked blurred at first glance. :lol: Anyway, on the toolbox there's an icon that looks like an exacto knife. That's the crop tool. Click it, then click and drag a box onto the pic and then you can pull the conrers to adjust it.

You're welcome. 👍

Thanks :D It took a bit to get the hang of it, but it came out pretty good, in my opinion. I haven't taken any shots the last few days, though. I have to shoot an M Coupe and if I find time, I'll enter that competition. ;) But for now: No. :(

Yes you must do my M coupe or I will...umm
I don't know yet, but i shall do something
mwahaha

also nice job on the third shot of the ford LSX
You should remove the watermark though

@David-
Ohh I'll have to look into that, that program has so many things to mess with, I've had it for 3 days :lol:

@Apokalipse-
Thanks! I'm going to sit down and edit that third shot when I get a chance, I just haven't had a chance yet. I'll re-post it with other new shots I've got on the way :D

As talked about, here is the last Ford GT shot, now edited. I followed the advice I was given to the best of my ability for the motion blur... Not sure about the end result...

zoomfgtinf.png

Went and fooled with a Supra.

I like this shot.
SUpramtn.png

I was trying to blend the lighting effects for the running lights, as well as smoothing out edges. Shaved the ugly corner marker lights off too, thought about removing the badge, decided to let it be...
woodedsup.png

This is kind of meh, oh well...
suptun.png

Last edited:
They all look good. One thing to help the presenation:
When you do the round corners filter, uncheck the box that says "Add Background". Then when you save it, delete the part that says ".JPG" and replace it with ".PNG" That way when you post everything here, there isn't a harsh white box around the drop shadow.

Thanks David, I will keep that in mind. I had just noticed it once I posted those, I appreciate all the advice so far! 👍

Back