LSX's Photomode Gallery - Updated With Supra/Ford GT

• Thread starter LSX
  • 40 comments
As for the .png vs .jpg thing, I'd just use .jpg. The quality difference is practically none and .png's take roughly three times longer to load than .jpg's IIRC, which is not good for users with dial-up.

Anyway, the second Supra shot would look great with some curved blur (leave that to franz or Alex) and clean-up.

I recomended png because jpg can't handle transparencies and requires you to flatten the image before you save it. And when you flatten it, it makes an ugly white box around the drop shadow.

I didn't know that about the different file extensions.

Curved blur :lol: I have not even figured out motion blur yet :lol:
But yeah, I see what you mean after looking at it, that would look cool. The car was barely moving for the shot though anyhow...

As far as clean up, I spent more time on that shot than any of the others, I ran out of things to work on, or at least that I could see. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction as far as that goes? I'd greatly appreciate any advice as I do the criticism! Thanks.

Three words. Smudge, dodge, and burn. I mostly use the smudge tool, use a low-rate, fairly small brush and rub it along rough edges and those stupid texture dots that PD gave to so many cars.

Also, check the tutorials thread for advice on how to clean and do a lot of other stuff that will enhance your shots.

Last edited:
At first I thought it was Supra/FGT but it's a Ford GT.

Anyway,I think those are great!But I don't like the Ford GT as much.Keep it up!

Back