Play GT7 in VR
Premium
Germany
Germany
GlamFM
GlamFM
Hey gang.

Bought the PSVR two days ago.

More or less an impulse buy - it’s dirt cheap right now (€229 with 5 games)

First thing I did of course was checking out GT Sport in VR and I must say I’m kinda blown away.

VR in GTS is very limited, but at the same time extremely impressive.
I’m faster in VR, I find it easier to hit my apexes in VR and I am almost fully immersed.

The resolution is too low, the graphics are toned down a lot, but it still hits really hard.

I’ve had a HTC VIVE for years and I had almost completely lost interest in VR, but this has made me a VR believer and enthusiast all over again.

So I guess what this thread really is, is a PSA:

Consider getting a PSVR right now if you can afford it.

One question for those who already have it:

GTS VR always puts me a bit too low and too close to the steering wheel by default.
Fixing this is pretty easy by just changing your position, but I wonder if there is a more permanent solution?

GTS VR always puts me a bit too low and too close to the steering wheel by default.
Fixing this is pretty easy by just changing your position, but I wonder if there is a more permanent solution?
Depending on car, I'm either too high, too low, too far forward or too far backwards. I don't know a permanent fix. I just move my head in the direction opposite to where I want it too have in the car and keep the options button pressed until I'm happy with the view in my default racing position.
In a full VR experience Gran Turismo (GT 7...?), there would need to be an option to save your preferred default position for any car just as it is done with cockpit or chase cam options.

Also, there is a drift sometimes that slowly changes your position in the car and sometimes the VR "resets" when, for example, you hit a big bump and the game shortly switches out of VR mode and back in again. And for that, you also need a working default position, because you are resetted into the game's default position and have to recalibrate then.

I did have the drift problem, think it was cured by sitting closer to the camera. It's a shame that the racing is so limited as to actually be pointless, but the driving in VR is great, I especially love the open cockpit cars, driving the F1500 TA around the Nordschleife is amazing, you get so much more of a feeling for the speed and how steep the track gets in places.

If you've only just got the VR, other games to check out : Beat Saber, Superhot VR and the first Dirt Rally (VR is an additional DLC, but you can play the whole game in the VR), plus there's a free demo out of the Iron Man VR have that comes out next month.

If you've only just got the VR, other games to check out : Beat Saber, Superhot VR and the first Dirt Rally (VR is an additional DLC, but you can play the whole game in the VR), plus there's a free demo out of the Iron Man VR have that comes out next month.

Thanks! Currently playing Astro Bot (came with the bundle) and I´m really impressed.

VR makes a huge difference to me when it comes to "knowing" when to brake and making the turns. I had the "drift" issue, kept getting that sinking feeling. As suggested, if possible, move closer to the camera, that fixed it for me. I am used to playing on a 65" tv in 4k so the VR resolution is a bit disappointing, but when you are into a game you don't notice that much.

VR makes a huge difference to me when it comes to "knowing" when to brake and making the turns. I had the "drift" issue, kept getting that sinking feeling. As suggested, if possible, move closer to the camera, that fixed it for me. I am used to playing on a 65" tv in 4k so the VR resolution is a bit disappointing, but when you are into a game you don't notice that much.

Yep. Here’s hoping PSVR2 is at least 4K.

Camera position and ambient lighting are key to get the best result. To reduce the sinking drift, try to get the camera at the same height as your head while sitting. However for other games where you are either standing or have the controller get in front of your face (aiming through sights) it's better to have the camera above head height looking slightly down.

For sitting, closer camera is better, more stability. As close as you can get while it can still see all your head movements (and the controllers for sitting games) Yet for other games like Beat saber, higher and a bit further away is better. Stable ambient light (not too dark) is also very important for the move controllers. In Beat Saber, a mix of sun and clouds kills it. Higher camera and stable ambient light changed it from impossible to reach SS rank to finally do-able.

Must play: (you already have Atrobot, nr1)
Beat Saber, Moss, Statik, Super hot, Rez Infinite, RE7, Blood and Truth.

Agreed, despite its flaws, the immersion and overall awareness is superior to anything else.

I’m really hoping the next PSVR is 4k per eye (PS4 supports 8k). With eye tracking. Minds will be blown.

We honestly don’t even need higher FOV. Maybe a little more. But in real life we would be wearing helmets anyways.

I get the camera drift issue too. Thanks for the tips on moving it closer and at head level. I had been using the specs for standing games which has it higher and further. I’ll give these a go, because that’s such a disorienting feeling.

Agreed, despite its flaws, the immersion and overall awareness is superior to anything else.

I’m really hoping the next PSVR is 4k per eye (PS4 supports 8k). With eye tracking. Minds will be blown.

We honestly don’t even need higher FOV. Maybe a little more. But in real life we would be wearing helmets anyways.

I get the camera drift issue too. Thanks for the tips on moving it closer and at head level. I had been using the specs for standing games which has it higher and further. I’ll give these a go, because that’s such a disorienting feeling.

It's not perfect but makes you feel less like a shrinking granny trying to peer over the steering wheel :lol:
It used to be much worse, I've had races in DC VR where the drift got so bad I ended up sitting sideways on my couch by the end of a 3 minute race. Sitting straight had me facing out the side window. Sony fixed the turning drift with a patch, yet the up and down drift still happens, mostly down. Maybe if you put the camera on the floor looking up you might drift up instead :cheers:

Got a PSVR today, struggling with the fitting face in the square and as my telly is higher than I'm sitting obviously as using my wheel , is there any better ideas how best to set it up 1st time, as the writing can have colours round the edges and dials and what are pretty blurry in car, but what an experience at nurby , sure good having the elevations that you just dont sense the same non vr.

Man got so peeved trying to get louder volume , a quick look online to find it's under vr the headset, going up Eau Rouge is awesome

My PSVR arrived yesterday (another impulse buy) and my first experience with it was a few laps around Mt Panorama. It blew me away completely, despite numerous experiences with my mate's vive. What I'm really enjoying is the changes in elevation.... going through the corkscrew at Laguna seca is a completely different experience.

there are 4 of us using psvr to race in iRacing private league. 120fps and smooth as butter even with HDR turned on.

search iVRy stesmvr driver for psvr. sadly for pc ,only iRacing optimized for VR

It arrived this morning, will be back later with teething problems no doubt but the advice above helps.

My TV is higher than where I sit, but I might put the camera on something head height in front of the TV (the ikea 2x2 with a psvr box on top is about perfect) since it won't matter if it blocks the TV if I'm wearing a VR headset!

It arrived this morning, will be back later with teething problems no doubt but the advice above helps.

My TV is higher than where I sit, but I might put the camera on something head height in front of the TV (the ikea 2x2 with a psvr box on top is about perfect) since it won't matter if it blocks the TV if I'm wearing a VR headset!
Hah may do the same as my camera is on tv which is higher than my sitting position, and just don't feel i'm getting the best picture quality, forever fiddling about with the headset as letters are streaming colours and cannot wear the headset for any lenght of time as it tiring my eyes real quick with the blurriness,

Wow, first impressions are "I'm in the car!" and "Eau Rouge is steep"

I picked a 180sx because I had a Nissan from the same year and the standard interior stuff like steering wheel, dials, door pulls, electric window switches, all of it I recognised and it brought back memories of actually being in my car. I like how slim I am in VR too ;)

Some fogging on my glasses but seems to be ok if I make sure I'm not slowly breathing with my mouth open in awe (difficult at first)

Then I took the P1 out on Nurburgring. Gave myself motion sickness, it comes on sudden doesn't it?

I've been gawping at scenery. This is fun! Not had any issues with the camera being above me pointing down yet..

Been lucky to not have had motion sickness in anything I've played so far, I'm getting The AI drivers helmet popping in and out of view when looking across at it or the car is overtaking, normal or bug or something wrong my side?

Side note:

Never cared about street cars in GT, but VR changes that entirely.

The interiors and the feeling of actually sitting in a car are a huge deal.

This morning I drove the 81 911 (almost exactly the one my dad used to drive when was a kid) and the experience was almost emotional.

Bring on PSVR2 and bring on GT7!

Back