Lyons LM2 Streamliner

How NOT to attract Billionaires.

It looks more like a tuner booth than an actual, dedicated, prestigious company. It even topped with a dummy car.

And for the final nail in the coffin, it's right next to an Army recruiting station.:lol:

Also, here is the explanation of how the engine gets air.

Lyons says the car will feature a series of concealed vents and wings—21 in total—that presumably open and close automatically as required.

Which of course seems like it would be way more complex and hurt the performance more than a few traditional air intakes.

Source

"This video has been removed by user"

Yeah 9 month confirmed right there.

So it has.

Was an interview by Jalopnik with Mr. Lyons at the NY show.

They did refer to it as "styrofoam" in the video title... maybe Lyons didn't take too kindly to this :lol:

This car seems like something you see at a high school's mock Shark Tank/Dragon's Den competition or something. Also, would Reiko Nagase approve of the car's design? :lol:

Lmao. The comments here are evil. Lyons people would cry on the corner right now.
I mean, namely because of how the car looks and it's assumed standard specs. Those things are the reason it is the butt of all the jokes right now :lol:

hsv
That's offensive to most shed-built cars. This is like 11 year old's bedroom/fly tipping hotspot.

I agree it's offensive to the thousands of kit cars that have been built in shed.

Truth to be told, this thing have joined the likes of Keating and Devel on advertising gaudy BS performance numbers on cars that on closer inspection that looks to be built from...well...a shed.

Last edited:
Here we go.

The guy sounds unprofessional. He keeps on saying "um" and "uh" . He even says it when he is telling his company name and his position. It sound like a kid a doing a report in front of the class and they are not prepared for it so they they trying to remember facts.
It's not just on this video, he also talks like that on the videos posted on the first page. It's annoying!
I'm not trying to sound mean but it puts a bad image on your company when the boss and the guy who made it, seems to not know the info on the car.

Last edited:
To be fair, he could just he timid. I mean, being a graphic designer wouldn't get that much exposure and suddenly he's thrown himself into an environment he probably feels uncomfortable in.

21 vents, 19 of them under the car.

LOL

Also it was reported that the car got damaged because it was apparently fell out of the truck. Guess the car wanted to kill itself :lol:
The professionalism of this motor company!

21 vents, 19 of them under the car.

LOL

Also it was reported that the car got damaged because it was apparently fell out of the truck. Guess the car wanted to kill itself :lol:
Isnt that a mock up prototype?

It isnt supposed to break since it just a hump of metal and plastic. Unless its a physical damage like scratches or mirror fell off.

Isnt that a mock up prototype?

It isnt supposed to break since it just a hump of metal and plastic. Unless its a physical damage like scratches or mirror fell off.
It's a full scale model, so it isn't even supposed to have scratches or missing mirrors.

It would have looked better if they had used filler to smooth the rough edges and they really should have painted it (maybe that light gold colour), would have made it appear marginally better.

I don't think a prototype fit and finish like that would have even been acceptable for a high school major project.

Latest Posts

Back