M3- after 1200 mile service

  • Thread starter Thread starter motortrend
  • 84 comments
  • 8,526 views
I'd rather have a five-point-oh.

I'd rather go with the car whose interior is not made from melted down Legos.

But that is just my opinion.
 
Says the E36 owner.... :p


M

Oddly enough, despite the many cheap elements in the E36 interior... its still nicer than the leather loaded Subaru and Honda my step-mother has... And with fewer rattles. Despite 100k more miles.

The E92's interior feels amazing to me though, same with the E90. Every switch and dial has this perfect weight to it.
 
Still think there's too much plastic in the E90... for the price... but then, we get the sales rep models over here. The big boy variants (anything with a "35" or "M' in the name) are much better.
 
Still think there's too much plastic in the E90... for the price... but then, we get the sales rep models over here. The big boy variants (anything with a "35" or "M' in the name) are much better.

BMWs have never really had nice interiors.
 
Compared to an A6? :D
 
Still think there's too much plastic in the E90... for the price... but then, we get the sales rep models over here. The big boy variants (anything with a "35" or "M' in the name) are much better.

I think the Bangle generation (E9x, E60, E65) interiors are very color sensitive. To my eyes, they look better in two tone than monochrome black. Black and beige is an excellent combo for this generation of car.

cosyvehicleimage1.jpg


cosyvehicleimage2.jpg


I think it's because lighter colors accentuate all the curves in the architecture, allowing your brain to make sense of them. While a black interior tends to hide them, making it seem like a mess of lines.

In general, an all black BMW interior is like sitting at the bottom of a mine shaft. Completely depressing. Ask me how I know.

The F generation interiors are simply stunning, and IMO, better than Audi's current B8, C6, D4 crop.

cosyvehicleimage3.jpg


So sad.. this F10 is a StepTragic.


M
 
I have had five BMWs since a kid. My first car was a 318i. Just got rid of my 740il last year. They are nice cars. However I have owned one Porsche since new and I love it. I have driven just about all of them. There is nothing like a Porsche. Hands down ... the Porsche Cayman.
 
Do people actually bother reading threads anymore? The M3 has been ordered... so you trying to swing him towards the Porsche isn't going to do much now :odd:
 
The car looks really nice mate! Good choice!

Does that have the Competition Package on it?
 
Yep, comp. package and premium package, no idrive. And it's a 6MT by the way
 
Thanks, it's not my car, but I took part in choosing the options as it will be mine in some years
 
high-contrast M3 looks nice. Report on how the thing drives once you and your dad give it some propper shredding. Congrats, it looks awesome.

black wheels?
 
Ill report once it's done the 1200 mile service and it's driven a bit harder. Idon't know about black wheels, i don't like the look of them in pictures very much, though that might chenge if i see them physically. They do look great on a black car in my opinion
I took kind of a bad video right now, but a video is a video
 
Thank you, I like your avatar by the way, haven't seen that show much but I like it's randomness.
 
Aaahhh... Smell of new cars :D

In my opinion, better to stay with the current rims as it looks great to look at. Not much of a fan of black rims...

Thanks for taking us around the car ;)👍
 
Thanks and no problem, still feels kind of wierd, guess ill get used to it after a few times
 
Well, haven't posted for a while here, the car is already at around 1600 miles, and I have to say it is a great car, very practical and fun. The car hasn't been flogged much, but going to around 6500 RPM feels great. Car hasn't ebeen redlined, but for now around 6500 RPMs is enough. The RPMs rise quite fast after 5000. Nothing wrong at all with the car so far and no complaints. Now, on to the few pictures I have of it.
img1435bc.jpg

img0989cu.jpg

img1463g.jpg

img1004p.jpg
 
Back