M4 Converter - All Wheels On PS4/XBox 1 With FFB; Really? NO, IT'S A CON!

• Thread starter VBR
  • 19 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
EDIT: This is a con! See post 5 by @isamu & posts 16 & 19 by @Torgo to find out why.

Anyone heard of this? Sounds good, well...too good to be true actually! Has working FFB on all wheels too apparently. Anyone willing to take a punt on this for $49 & report back?

Website here.

đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Don't get duped into buying this gimmick device, gentlemen. The device will support "Force feedback" the same way the ChronusMax supports "Force feedback"...ie, rumble and that IT! You will NOT get true steering wheel force feedback from this MaxRace gimmick. The one to watch out for is the TitanOne. They are working on adding true FFB and I have discussed some very encouraging ideas with Jefferson on how to get around the current issue. See this thread:

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199&start=10#p2954

All the MaxRace guys are doing is copying Jefferson's designs and reverse engineering the schematics, just like ChronusMax is.

from another thread

LOL thanks SGETI.

Here's a tip to watch out for....if any company claims the device will give you "force feedback", watch their demonstration videos. If the video shows the guy plugging in a PS4 or XBone handheld controller/gamepad, then that is a red flag. Because it means no matter what, the game will see your wheel as a controller, and respond accordingly. Meaning you will get dodgy analog steering input and only rumble/vibrations...that's it. Not TRUE proper force feedback.

When the day comes where you'll see the guy plug in a steering wheel for that specific console, and then plug in *ANOTHER* FFB wheel, that is when you know that he's onto something genuine that will deliver proper FFB. I expect TitanOne to be the first to accomplish this but we'll see.

Question is has anyone tried hooking up say a T80 or T100 instead of the DS4 with one of these devices and then tried a Logitech or Fanatec wheel to see what happens.

Unless the dongle can fool the PS4 into thinking it's a T300 wheel, it will never work and even then, there will need to be some very clever programming done so that the Logitech/Fanatec FFB works correctly as it's quite different to the T300.

Also any 3rd party device will give some input lag, it's inevitable and unavoidable.

I'll keep my money in my pocket. ;)

This is not Converting PS4 or XBoxOne handheld controller signal I think, I have already tested with it in my friend's home.
Technically it is bypassing the security checking from PS4 and XboxOne, coz recent console ONLY allow registered 3rd party controller.

The Force Feedback from G27 do exactly as real as me using it on GT6. M4 is totally different from the order converter. If you guys want me to take video or more testing, just let me know.

This is not Converting PS4 or XBoxOne handheld controller signal I think, I have already tested with it in my friend's home.
Technically it is bypassing the security checking from PS4 and XboxOne, coz recent console ONLY allow registered 3rd party controller.

The Force Feedback from G27 do exactly as real as me using it on GT6. M4 is totally different from the order converter. If you guys want me to take video or more testing, just let me know.

I'd love to see some video. Cheers.

If its bypassing the security check, then you run the risk of your online accounts being banned for using unauthorized peripherals. Just saying...

I'd sure love to see this too. All I really want to see is the steering wheel fighting you while you're going through a high speed corner... If it just rumbles, that's not true force feedback.

just asking for my ignorance: if the wheel is not supported in the game how it can have proper force feedback from the game? You can make it work on the console but if the software doesn't send the inputs to the controller how it can have force feedback? It fakes to be a t300 or t500? In my opinion it will have only rumble.

We picked one of these up to make sure if it works or not, especially since a lot of people are thinking of grabbing one. So far, no luck with getting a Logitech GT Force working on PS4. I too feel like it's BS, but I wanted to be able to definitively say if it is or not.

We picked one of these up to make sure if it works or not, especially since a lot of people are thinking of grabbing one. So far, no luck with getting a Logitech GT Force working on PS4. I too feel like it's BS, but I wanted to be able to definitively say if it is or not.
Curiosity got the better of you.... :lol:

You won't be the only person getting caught out by this, but hopefully some will read your post before making the purchase and change their mind. Thanks for letting the community know. đź‘Ť

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I've updated the OP with a link to your post to warn others.

đź‘Ť

Thank you @Torgo and great video. đź‘Ť

It pretty much confirms my suspicions, perhaps the input lag isn't as terrible as I thought, it looks worse due to the huge deadzone. I certainly couldn't play with that, it would drive me crazy.

Cheers for doing a decent test and trying to help other, it's much appreciated.

Latest Posts

Back