Macau Guia Circuit

• Thread starter Warte
  • 38 comments
Brazil
São José dos Campos
FN_WMedeiros
800px-Circuito_da_Guia_GP.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guia_Race_of_Macau

The Guia Circuit, host of the traditional Macau Grand Prix, could be a great addition to Gran Turismo. It's a quite technical track, with a lot of sharp turns and narrow sectors, creating a great challenge to master.

Id love to, but i think the process is completely different. For me, i was able to go out, collect reference and take measurements to submit for the track to be built in the future....PD work a bit differently and as such the "general public" dont get access to development anywhere else.

One of my favorite tracks ever. Makes Monaco look like child's play
Couldn't agree more. And any street circuit for that matter.

Dude, I was dreaming of this track every time when GT track list came out. 👍!!
I do that too. Since GT3! :P

Id love to, but i think the process is completely different. For me, i was able to go out, collect reference and take measurements to submit for the track to be built in the future....PD work a bit differently and as such the "general public" dont get access to development anywhere else.
I hope this is still the case that this track is still in PCars plans. Been waiting for a console sim to recreate this properly to give it justice.

It will be my wildest dream come true the day PD recreates this iconic street circuit. Ask any racing fans in Asia, they would have heard of the circuit. It used to have open-wheel races, various super car and motorcycle events and not to mentioned that it's currently the final races on the FIA WTCC calendar.

Some of the well-known F1 drivers in the last 20 years have competed on this track such as Riccardo Patrese, David Coulthard, Ralf Schumacher, Mika Häkkinen etc.

And arguably the best F1 drivers ever lived have also won it. Ayrton Senna & Michael Schumacher.

Schumacher and Häkkinen in 1990

Not sure how hard it is for PD to get interested and purchase the rights to include this track in GT series. Perhaps, the event organiser need to invite Kaz for a hot lap and GT Academy finalists from Asia! :D

Last edited:
Driving this on Race Pro was always such good fun.
I do that too on Race Injection when there's a craving for a hot lap. However Sim Bin's games have poor handling physics with no car/track feel at all. It feels like you're ice skating with their games :lol:

I appreciate if someone can point me to other PC Sims of late that have this track and have worthy handling physics and graphics. As I'm pretty confident that we won't be seeing this track on GT series any time soon. :bowdown:

I do that too on Race Injection when there's a craving for a hot lap. However Sim Bin's games have poor handling physics with no car/track feel at all. It feels like you're ice skating with their games :lol:

I appreciate if someone can point me to other PC Sims of late that have this track and have worthy handling physics and graphics. As I'm pretty confident that we won't be seeing this track on GT series any time soon. :bowdown:
Dial up your force feedback a bit? I found Race '07 (the game which RACE Injection was an add-on to) had plenty of adjustments, and was rather daunting to consider how many ways you could adjust steering.

But, of course, setting the circuits from Race '07 in GT6 would completely render Race '07 useless :lol: because the rest of Race '07's physics are not quite as much fun/accurate.

But, Race '07 has AI which I can't beat... If the two joined forces....... :drool: best cars, best tracks, best AI...

Dial up your force feedback a bit? I found Race '07 (the game which RACE Injection was an add-on to) had plenty of adjustments, and was rather daunting to consider how many ways you could adjust steering.

But, of course, setting the circuits from Race '07 in GT6 would completely render Race '07 useless :lol: because the rest of Race '07's physics are not quite as much fun/accurate.

But, Race '07 has AI which I can't beat... If the two joined forces....... :drool: best cars, best tracks, best AI...

I did tried a couple of hours and been through various forums for best possible FFB with T500RS yet still struggle to feel any track with any car. Increasing FFB doesn't translate to handling physics/feel on track particularly with SB Race series. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I couldn't agree more that the AI is pretty good and it's a handful with SB Race series. It does make one wonder how much effort PD put into GT's AI. Whether PD is struggling technically or just really can't be bothered once again with their "The Real Driving Simulator" which they never claimed as a "The Real Racing simulator". Every GT release is the same story. Even pensioners drive better than GT's AI. :lol: Unfortunately, GT online component is not up to scratch as well. Otherwise I think people will be more forgiving with GT's AI.

I love driving at Macau in Race Pro, especially in a F3000 car. The track has a very good combination of long fast straights and tight very technical corners. It would be a great addition to GT6.
One of the Senna slideshows mentions the Macau Grand Prix, it would be awesome if there was a challenge at Macau driving Senna's F3 car.

FS7
I love driving at Macau in Race Pro, especially in a F3000 car. The track has a very good combination of long fast straights and tight very technical corners. It would be a great addition to GT6.
One of the Senna slideshows mentions the Macau Grand Prix, it would be awesome if there was a challenge at Macau driving Senna's F3 car.
Not going to happen unless we have more likes and request from fans for this track. At least I'm sure it won't happen in GT6.

But when it happens I hope there will be night option which will then make this truly unique to GT series because the races are only during the day in real life.

Can you imagine the surroundings of these track all lit up at night on PS4? It'll be like Christmas :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, let's get more votes/likes for this track. It's an incredible street circuit at almost the length of Spa!
It's also highly dangerous as many racers have been killed here in car and motorcycle racing. You really need to respect this track. :nervous:

This needs to happen, Macau is forgotten by so many racing games yet it is the best circuit in Asia with the most heritage and the best street circuit in the world probably only second to Monaco. GT only has Japanese tracks.

Also it's nonsense that there is nowhere to overtake, there are three long straights about 4-5 lanes wide!!

So much awesome...

Last edited:
Some one send this link "The Macau Grand Prix Experience" to PD with "Attn: Kaz". One of the most thorough I'd read by Andrew Coles.

Some photos from Andrews article.

The collection is diverse and spans the history of the categories that have raced there. There are the usual touring car suspects…

The Theodore Racing Ralt RT3 that Ayrton Senna drove to victory in the 1984 race.

I'm happy a lot of people want this track, and posted good material :) Definitely this track is in my top 5 wishlist.
Unfortunately, there will be no WTCC race this year, probably FIA will use this track for the newly TCR Series (F3,GT and Bike races too)

Back