Mach 1 in Nostalgia race

• Thread starter Brego
  • 33 comments

Which cars have you won this race with?

• Total voters
United States
United States
I finally spent the $20m to get something to run this race with, since I have nothing left other than 10 endurance races. SO... silly question:

Why is there a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 in the lineup, and I have a Mustang Mach 1 in my garage, but the only eligible car I have is the 250 GTO which I just bought? I went to the Ford showroom, and there is only one of those cars, which I have already bought. There is also a Corvette and one other car, pre-1979 which I cannot race there either.

The car I bought btw, is the 1962 GTO and all I can say is :( I haven't upgraded the car at all yet, but I'm skeptical.

Since it takes 54 wins (11 hours) at Blue Moon to buy another car, I think this will be the first Gran Turismo that I do not finish 100%.

Poll is selectable for ALL cars you have actually won these races with, not just best choice. I already know the P330 would have been the best. Just wondering how the others have done also.

Nostalgia Race with a 250 GTO? I do not have that car yet but this series must be near impossible if you do not tune it (if tuning it will help at all), especially the race at Le Mans which btw has no chicane. 330's absolutely make other cars eat dust.

alp
Nostalgia Race with a 250 GTO? I do not have that car yet but this series must be near impossible if you do not tune it (if tuning it will help at all), especially the race at Le Mans which btw has no chicane. 330's absolutely make other cars eat dust.

Yes. It appears that I chose poorly.

I will not be able to finish the game, unless I either pay sony $3 for a new car, or spend 11 hours of grinding for it.

When the +/- lead came up just before the strait, I was -34. End of lap one I was -45ish. Finished 9th at -55. 8th place was +12 and getting farther away. I advanced the top speed to 175 and there was room for more. I'll give it another shot, find the top speed, soft tires and all that jazz. See what happens. I don't really want to upgrade the power and weight tho because it can't be undone.

Last edited:
Don't worry about completing the three Nostalgia 1979 races too much, the game's being updated every month, so every month you'll still not have accomplished 100% without more racing. It's also possible that cheaper car will be added that's eligible for that championship.

The GTO will do it though anyway.

I will not be able to finish the game, unless I either pay sony $3 for a new car, or spend 11 hours of grinding for it.
Shame you can't put that car on the market. Someone would pay a right price to have it in their garage. ;)

The 250 is faster than the Daytona, when both are upgraded to the max. The problem though, the 250 doesn't handle near as good as the Daytona.
I really like the Daytona, wish there were more races to use it in.

And just for giggles...

5836665199416868880_0.jpg

5990350529585250320_0.jpg

192mph is where the Daytona tops out, with a little tailgating. :sly:

The 250 will run that by itself, and 200+ in the draft.

it´s possible you can use another cars apart 330 P4 in some races, but in La Sarthe with out chicanes is difficult to win, maybe the only car takea real battle againts P4 is the Ford Mar IV, but the rest ...

I use the La Sarthe race to earn money, the 330p4 is asier to a clean race.

Interesting thought... do you think a fully upgraded Mach 1 or Pantera or BB512 or GT40 Mk2 or a Cobra could take on the Nostalgia 79 racers?

I quite like the Pantera here in the other nostalgia road car series.

I've messed around with all but the Shelby Daytona on Nostalgia 1979 - Circuit de la Sarthe. The TLDR is:

330 P4 - Easy. Fastest of the bunch, but not that stable. Avg. time - 6:45
XJ13 - Easy. Slower than P4, but more stable. Avg. time - 7:00
Mk. IV - Easy. A bit less stable than XJ13. Avg. time - 7:00
250 GTO - Hard. Doable under certain conditions; XJ13 and P4 cannot start near the top. Avg. time - 7:30
TZ2 - 🤬. Best functions as a pokedex entry.

I cover this in a spreadsheet that I'm still working on. Since this event happens to be one of the better ways to grind for credits, I have most of the information noted down (including how long it takes to get 20m cr).

I take it the 330 p4 is the rocket of the trio, the gt40 is a boat but easy to drive, and the jag is inbetween sort of?
Trying to grind bmb so I can get one of these rides, so I can do MORE grinding.
How meta.

The only expensive car I'm missing is the Miura but that it's not eligible for this races, so only tried and won with the Ferrari, Jaguar and Ford haven't tried the Daytona or the GTO, all cars stock with only the weight reduction and power increase from the sliders on level 1, all easy wins.
Ferrari 330P4 easy win not the easiest to drive but rewarding
Jaguar not so fast as the Ferrari but the smoothest of the three.
Ford MKIV stays between the other 2 faster then the Jag but not as fast as the Ferrari and at least for me weird to drive, was the one I liked less.
Will try the Daytona and GTO eventually with the same conditions just for fun to see were I can end up, won't be bothered with the Alfa because it should be really slow

I've messed around with all but the Shelby Daytona on Nostalgia 1979 - Circuit de la Sarthe. The TLDR is:

330 P4 - Easy. Fastest of the bunch, but not that stable. Avg. time - 6:45
XJ13 - Easy. Slower than P4, but more stable. Avg. time - 7:00
Mk. IV - Easy. A bit less stable than XJ13. Avg. time - 7:00
250 GTO - Hard. Doable under certain conditions; XJ13 and P4 cannot start near the top. Avg. time - 7:30
TZ2 - 🤬. Best functions as a pokedex entry.

I finished third, behind 2 XJ13's ( -8.0 sec) and ahead of a pair of 330 P4's. So I thought I would just need to run it without any XJ13's and it would be cake. Next race sure enough, no Jags in the lineup. I finished 5th, at -14.0 sec. Idk.

If I have not won by the time I finish all the endurance races (9 to go), then I will go ahead and upgrade the car because it will be the last thing I do with the game. Was planning on keeping it 100% stock, but eh. A few more races and I'm done with GTS permanently, so it doesn't matter really.

I will not be able to finish the game, unless I either pay sony6 $3 for a new car, or spend 11 hours of grinding for it.

When the +/- lead came up just before the strait, I was -34. End of lap one I was -45ish. Finished 9th at -55. 8th place was +12 and getting farther away. I advanced the top speed to 175 and there was room for more. I'll give it another shot, find the top speed, soft tires and all that jazz. See what happens. I don't really want to upgrade the power and weight tho because it can't be undone.

Note you can't currently buy a car worth more than 2m credits using microtransactions.

Also, you could upgrade the car but return the sliders to 100% after winning the races once. That way, it wouldn't be "stock" but it would be as it was before?

May as well just stop now if you're not enjoying it. No prizes for 100% and after each update you won't have 100% anyway.

I am enjoying the content, but finding it limited. Once I complete everything available at the moment, I will move on to PJ2. Maybe come back once in a while to check for new content, but eh... maybe not, since I get around $8 at gamestop towards the next game.

You can win even with the Alfa if you cut corners (Dunlop, Tetre Rouge, Ford chicanes).

250 GTO and Daytona are similar in pace. 250 is faster in the straights due to less downforce, and Daytona is faster in the corners due to opposite.

Mark IV and XJ13 are next up speed wise, a little bit slower than 330 P4 but much more stable.

IMO, Ford GT40 should also be allowed in the race. Maybe when PD decides to add the Race Car version (Standard model) from previous games.

Mach 1 and 2000GT, they are just filler cars to look pretty.

All, but cheating with Alfa a bit (corner cutting like hell and rerolling grid until no 330p4/Jag/Ford was in first 6 places)

:)

BTW, finally managed to pass 380 with 330p4...

Might’ve been answered before, but how many points does it take to give the p4 full power and the lowest weight?

TTM
Might’ve been answered before, but how many points does it take to give the p4 full power and the lowest weight?

A lot, I think I've spent over 120k... Jag for example doesn't need that much, because it is topping power and weight on lvl 4 and 3 respectively...

Did you win with the 250 in "stock" power/weight or was is necessary to purchase upgrade? If so how many...

Cobra, 250GTO, AR all were upgraded... Cobra probably didn't need to, but 250GTO and AR need for sure, AR even cutting curves like a hell...

TTM

The 330/XJ13/MarkIV all need ~66000 points to fully tune (i.e. buy all upgrade slots). If you're just concerned with reaching max power and less weight it's a bit less. IIRC stage 4 should do it, which saves about ~24000 points I think (going from memory here, so don't quote me exactly).

The 330/XJ13/MarkIV all need ~66000 points to fully tune (i.e. buy all upgrade slots). If you're just concerned with reaching max power and less weight it's a bit less. IIRC stage 4 should do it, which saves about ~24000 points I think (going from memory here, so don't quote me exactly).
A lot, I think I've spent over 120k... Jag for example doesn't need that much, because it is topping power and weight on lvl 4 and 3 respectively...
Yeah, I just got the p4
It went something like this I think.
6,900, 7,800, 9,600, 12,360.
I had ~56,000 points, had 18,000 when I got all power options and only one weight upgrade, cause who wants to add weight to these cars?
Race took me 6:43

Back