Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your work fellas!

I used to enjoy your GT4 tunes, after a year of a dead PS2 I finally got around to getting a PS3 just to play GT5 I mean GT4.5, good to see you are still here.

As to be expected your tunes are exquisite, I've only sampled a few so far but I do particularly like your tunes for the Murcielago, the 512 and the CTR2 - nice one there 👍

Keep up the good work & see you 'round like a rissole! :D

Don't want to pass this off as some kind of poor man's review or anything, but I'm really enjoying your Focus ST!

I honestly expected much more wheelspin in low gears, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out it quickly wears off in second gear. There's some understeer when accelerating during corners, but it's obviously due to the FF drivetrain. I tried to correct it by fiddling with the LSD, only to notice why you chose those values in acceleration, as wheelspin during cornering became much more evident after my modifications. At first look I thought the brake balance seemed excesive, but found it much needed after noticing it worked positively during cornering. My best time at GVS was of 2:04.001, but that must probably be because I'm not the GT4 hard-worker I used to be. :lol:

When I decided it was time to have a GT5 car tuned by someone, I knew I was coming to the right place having tested some of your GT4 cars. :D Hope this short review of some sorts helps others try your cars. 👍

grandvalleyspeedway2.jpg

RUF RTTurbo '96

535+ bhp, 720+ Nm, 1214 kg, PP 555

Been a long time since I wrote a review. :P

I was tuning this car myself, and used this tune as a benchmark to set mine against. It's a solid tune, the car accelerates well, gearing is well spaced and it hauls ass pretty nicely.

Handling-wise, it's pretty safe, no snap oversteer, and the understeer you mention if you nail it too early. On-throttle oversteer is also present though, so sometimes it can be a little unpredictable. The only criticism I'd have is the car feels just a little ponderous through switchbacks and chicanes, and there's a tendency for the rear to unsettle through these. It's by no means a deal-breaker, but it caught me out a few times and sent me stabbing at the brakes to get the car back under control. I'm guessing the relatively low spring rates have to do with that?

Overall though, a very nice controllable tune. Now to see how mine stacks up against it. 👍

:eek: Reviews! No, we're not dead just yet. Very deep in hibernate mode yes but not dead.

In a way I'm surprised that both of those cars still work, at all. The amount of physics changes since they left the garage is enough to make pigs fly but the cars still seem to do at least most of the things they're supposed to. They both suffer from their respective drivetrain configurations, weight distributions aren't what they should be for sports cars but considering that one of them is a "cheapest possible way to get this thing moving" and the other is a "because we've done it this way for half a decade" solution, it can probably be said thay they do well enough. :P

One day there will be more. Just don't ask when that day is...

Mitsubishi FTO Ralliart'99

301 bhp, 282 Nm, 979 kg, PP 474
Painted in Passion Red from Mitsubishi

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei JS+M
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:~200k

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.287
2nd: 2.040
3rd: 1.561
4th: 1.230
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.855
Final Gear: 4.312

Max speed: 270 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 4.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 10
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 2
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.50 / -0.50

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 7

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Why yes, it's 300bhp FWD. Yes, it tips scales under a ton.. Yes, it revs to 9000 which is a jolly good achievement for a V6, and no, it doesn't have back seats. It also was Car Of The Year when it appeared, and it still has strong fanbase amongst JDM crowd for those who do not want a Civic, S2K or Miata. It's Mitsu FTO and this is MFT's take on possible Ralliart version.. When it's turned up to eleven.

Is this the GPX from '99 because your pics for this tune dont match the wing on mine.

Is this the GPX from '99 because your pics for this tune dont match the wing on mine.

It's the 1999 FTO GP Version R, but it should work on that model. To find which car was used, on the first page after the links to the tunes, there is a link to a list which has the names of the original models :)

Yes we can. All you need to do is to write a review about one of our existing tunes and that's it. Once you've done that, we'll create a custom setup just for you. :)

This is my review for your Spirra tune
Test was done on the Indy Road Course with Racing Medium Tires.
Fully Upgraded car without your tune:
Average time around the road course in three laps:1:41.950
Comments:Barely controllable oversteer.Took me 9 laps to make three clean laps without spinning out.That car did the the opposite that I wanted it to do.:grumpy:

Car with your tune:
Average time around the road course in three laps:1:36.025
Comments:For my driving style its just perfect.Grips the long corners,slides through tighter ones.Finally thanks to you guys I go a car that matches perfectly my driving style.Thanks Guys!!!!!!:dopey: And dont forget the GTR Concept LM tune to.

That is Greycaps tune, so I suggest that you shoot him a PM regarding your request.

Ford Mustang Mach 2 '71

460+ bhp, 705+ Nm, 1309 kg, PP 533
Painted in White from Ford

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, SSR Professor VF1, finished in Crystal White from Nissan
Front Splitter & Skirts Type B
Rear Skirts Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: around 200.000 Cr as usual

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.620
2nd: 1.830
3rd: 1.455
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
Final Gear: 2.750

Max speed: 210 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 7.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5 / 5

Driving Options

One of the fastest pony cars of its time, the Ford Mustang Mach 1 didn't have overwhelming power figures or outrageous looks but it was a package that simply worked. Back then that is, the one we found in less than stellar condition was a different story but things were about to change.

The weirdest thing was the engine. It says 351 Ram Air on the hood but dynoing revealed that it produced too much power to be a "normal" four barrel 351 Cleveland or a 351 Cobra Jet but too little to be a Boss 351. :odd: Chances are that it was a Cobra Jet but the official power figures are underrated in the usual '70s way. Anyway, a rebuilt Boss 351 was dropped in and tickled a bit to perform at the level of big blocks while retaining the weight advantages of a small block engine. The bodyshell was equipped with a full selection of factory aero parts and stripped out in a good old Trans Am fashion, the suspension setup was inspired by the same series yet kept soft enough to prevent the car from becoming a rock sled. Looking at the values makes even me wonder how on earth such a simple creation can work so well but I guess a simple car needs a similarly simple setup. One thing is certain though, it works again after all these years and it does it better than ever under a fully deserved designation Mach 2.

This is my first review so hopefully will be a good one.

I am far from a good driver as am relatively new to GT5 (recently converted from Forza......and no longer an Xbox owner) and I found the level of 'tune sharing' to be amazing as to my knowledge nothing similar occurs on Forza (online) as you can only buy peoples tunes etc etc anyway onto the review...

I'm a fan of the older muscle cars but in pretty much every game they are very tough to drive on anything but a drag strip.
I tried the Mach 2 tune and I couldnt believe it, such fun to drive the car, I decided to challenge myself and go from my safe Auto transmission to Manual and also turn off traction etc, I'm not gonna lie and say I clocked my best lap ever because I didn't, obviously there would be a learning curve but the tune really helped as the speed was there and for a muscle car it actually cornered a bit like a japanese 'tuner' car in my opinion.

I wasnt expecting miracles with this tune as my driving needs improvements as a few times I managed to spin the car when stepping on the gas out of corners but that is me not the car.
This tune is perfect for anyone wanting help taming one of these beasts.

Great work guys, keep it up........hopefully my driving will improve and help me get the best out of these tunes.

Can anyone help me please, with tunes for supergt cars?
I have to select one of those
Honda ARTA NSX (SUPER GT) '06
Honda EPSON NSX (SUPER GT) '08
Honda RAYBRIG NSX (SUPER GT) '06
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (SUPER GT) '06
Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 (SUPER GT) '06
Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 (SUPER GT) '08
Lexus ENEOS SC430 (SUPER GT) '08
Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra (JGTC) ʼ05

for these races
1.Grand Valley Speedway reverse
2.Laguna Seca Raceway
3.Suzuka Circuit - changeable weather
4.Superspeedway Indy
5.Deep Forest Raceway reverse
6.Nurburgring 24h changeable weather/time
7.Tokyo R246
8.Cape Ring
9.Monza changeable time
10.Nurburgring GP/F
11.Fuji Speedway 
12.Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 changeable weather/time

The races are going to last about 40 minutes.
I would like to read your suggestions..

Yes we can. All you need to do is to write a review about one of our existing tunes and that's it. Once you've done that, we'll create a custom setup just for you. :)

And they're damned good at it too!

Long time no see, just wanted to thank greycap again for that awesome Vanquish tune again. It's my favorite "fun" car, wanna drift? Comfort Hard tires and its a dream. Wanna race? Soft tires and your gone!

Keep up the good work! :cheers:

:EDIT: happy birthday greycap!

Amuse S2300 GT1 Turbo '06

630+ bhp, 585+ Nm, 1120 kg, PP 623
Painted in Berlina Black from Amuse

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: a tad over quarter of a million Cr.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 20 / 50

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.051
2nd: 2.290
3rd: 1.835
4th: 1.535
5th: 1.315
6th: 1.150
7th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.300

Max speed: 220 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.0 / 11.5
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 8
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 2
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 7 / 5

Driving Options

Exactly one year ago I presented to you the Amuse S2000 R1 Titan, a nearly unmatched combination of power and handling, especially handling. But now I felt that I indeed could beat that and what else would be up to such a task than the completely insane but still oh so great GT1 Turbo. Few cars are as much to my liking as this one.

With the model designation revised to match the engine displacement this machine really needs no introduction - everyone knows it and it's either loved or hated, middle ground doesn't exist. It has a reputation as a frighteningly fast but treacherously tricky car and that's something I wanted to change. Looking at its specs there's no reason why it couldn't handle well (excessive power isn't good enough of a reason) and after a lot of tinkering it has indeed been turned into a handling monster and that's not said in the way it was before. There is no doubt about it still needing a skilled driver and even about it choosing its driver to an extent but now it can take the crown as the ultimate tuner S2000 that it should have worn from the start.

I guess I have no other option than to make the double post...

stealman25 - That's what I call bravery, picking the Spirra as your first MFT experience! The lap time difference is huge but I guess anything that makes the car more drivable is guaranteed to hack seconds off as it certainly isn't drivable right out of the box. Your GT-R was finished some time ago, a very quick car considering that it's not a Le Mans prototype.

EvOwdb - Another first time reviewer! And with a very good car choice, the Mustang took even me by surprise as it really is more reminiscent of a true sports car than American muscle. I've tried a lot of muscle cars and none of them get even close.

AND THANKS EVERYONE! :cheers:

Just when you started adding cars again my PS3 decided to call it a day :( Any DVDs inserted make a funny noise but do not play, so GT5 is on hold for a while...

Alright, despite of us being silent as the fastest animal in the forest, it's time to start the final squeeze before GT6 arrives. Reviews are still welcome, especially for the new releases. I will most likely release some of my online tunes for top speed runs, such as 270mph R35 GT-R.. But that will most likely be the crown jewel. Keep your eyes open, We will be making a similar final run as with the GT4.

Alright, despite of us being silent as the fastest animal in the forest, it's time to start the final squeeze before GT6 arrives. Reviews are still welcome, especially for the new releases. I will most likely release some of my online tunes for top speed runs, such as 270mph R35 GT-R.. But that will most likely be the crown jewel. Keep your eyes open, We will be making a similar final run as with the GT4.

Leo is alive! Shock! Horror! Richard Hammond! :dopey: :crazy: Good to hear you Finns are willing to give GT5 one final and loud hurrah, MFT style, considering almost all tuner threads are quite dead... :yuck: Great news, I'll get to it as soon as MFT releases said tunes.

Just wanted to say HI. Fairly new to the game and working some of the Tuners's tunes into my garage.
I noticed and am thrilled! That you have a tune for the Nissan 240RS 83'. Early in my GT career I picked one of these up because it looked A a LOT like my original Toyota Corolla SR-5. This car has proved a blast to drive and invaluable in taking on the 80's Japanese challenges.

Thanks

Just wanted to say HI. Fairly new to the game and working some of the Tuners's tunes into my garage.
I noticed and am thrilled! That you have a tune for the Nissan 240RS 83'. Early in my GT career I picked one of these up because it looked A a LOT like my original Toyota Corolla SR-5. This car has proved a blast to drive and invaluable in taking on the 80's Japanese challenges.

Thanks

You're welcome! I got that car from my birthday ticket ( Yes, I'm that old :irked:
) and decided to make it as fun as possible. Happy to hear that you liked it!

The Amuse GT1 Turbo. Quite the savage beast released by Amuse as a powerhouse masked very thin as its S2000 base. This is a car I never really set my heart to, as it was a bit of a wild horse. Now I have taken the plunge, with a DS3 even, as my wheel isn't hooked up to the PS3.

I took Finntuners tune with a pinch of salt, as I don't have many fond memories of the car in racing before. I bought the car, threw on the parts and tuned it up to the specifications. Now, I guess GVS is the place to go, so there I headed.

First off, WOW! That savage acceleration is immense. It isn't even thinking of slowing down anytime soon when you punch it into 7th, and you are praying that the traction will hold it in the first little left kink leading up to the tight right hander. It does not dissapoint a bit! It sticks like glue on the road, and it feels like I am on racing tires! The car just pounds on, just giving a hint of understeer in long sweepers when on full throttle, but a tiny lift-off fixes the problems instantly. On slow corners as the tight 90 degree turn before the first tunnel does force the 600+ HP to rip the tires loose, but with a bit of throttle control, you should be able to shoot out the corner without a hitch.

I would indeed say that this tune will make this a good starter car for those who are not that experienced, but want to start racing with higher powered cars.

With a basic one-lap swing around GVS, I plotted in a time of 1:54.010, quite a few seconds behind the posted time, but with a bit of bravery, I should be able to shave off a second of two before I will be forced to use a wheel. If I get some proper heat in the tires as well, it will help of course, but as of right now, I need some sleep.

A very solid tune indeed, and I do have a lurking feeling that this car will be a pubstomper without too much of a problem!. Very well done Greycap, very well done!

Eyes Wide Open... :eek: :P

Giallo Toro'09

652 bhp, 676 Nm, 1350 kg, PP 585
Painted Giallo Evros from Lamborghini

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei RP03, finished in White from Enkei
Front Splitter & Skirts Type B
Rear Diffuser Type A
Front Extensions Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: "More than you can afford, pal. Lamborghini."

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.638
2nd: 2.402
3rd: 1.801
4th: 1.403
5th: 1.155
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.045

Max speed: 347 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 45 / 45
Acceleration Sensitivity: 45 / 45
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 50 / 50

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / 5
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.5 / 8.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 6 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.50

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 10
Driving Options

Well, it's been a long road with the GT5. With the GT6 right around the corner, I put together 3 final cars that pretty much explain the "Mad" part in the garage name. This is the entry 1 out of 3, and it will BULLY it's way into your heart.

It started off as a regular Lamborghini Murcielago LP640-4 '09, and while said beast of a car is plenty fast in it's own right, it was somewhat lacking in the handling and acceleration department. But you might notice that the engine compartment has been almost entirely untouched, just an oil change and break-in performed. As such, it develops healthy 650+ bhp and more than enough torque to spin all four wheels. The magic is in the suspension and drivetrain. This car will never stop accelerating. The gearing is way shorter than the usual transmissions gearing would be, and while the differential setup might horrify you as stiff and unwilling to turn, you don't need to worry. The car is relatively stable under braking, secure on neutral and with throttle.. Well, let's just say "Extremely Entertaining". It will do powerslides while inspiring confidence in the driver to push harder and change the way of guiding the car through corners, as both traction and lack of it are easily commanded by the position of the loud pedal. Handbrake turns are off the list though, due to 50/50 torque distribution. Thus you have to do the tight turn the manly way by smashing the right pedal through the floor.. And we're all manly men, aren't we?

First of all, glad to hear from you Leo, I was missing my usual dose of Finn crazy stuff for a while. Second, this is the FIRST car!? Well, let's see how crazier can you get from (if that's possible...). Do you have it on share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back