Magmarot Red SLR McLaren Exclusive car (Custome Camera Angles)

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 31 comments

SiNiST3R

(Banned)
Magmarot Red Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (SP model) '03

screen8.jpg

screen2-1.jpg

screen3-1.jpg

Alright so after having the DLC car for a few weeks, without installing it because I needed the Euro Copy of GT, I went ahead and got the Euro copy and installed it. Never mind I have to restart everything, I can now do so with control over the days and a Phat Stack of Cash. I don't even mind redoing the Driving Challenges & bringing back my tracks to S-Rank. I can now go through the game as I see fit, so I'm all good with the restart.

The car key file needs to stay on my memory stick or the car is deleted at game start (I wish there was a way around this, or to at least HIDE the car key icon) but for now Im just leaving it.

The car is the Same as the ones available to all, but with a Sexy, Exclusive paint Job :sly:

I took her over to Circuit de Valencia a track I'm loving more and more every time I drive it. Man that Twin Supercharged V8 packs a punch, and with so much carbon fiber all over, the car is ridiculously light. Just an awesome car all around. Docile enough to drive, yet a monster when on the accelerator.

screen13.jpg

With some suspension tuning Ive improved upon the already good handling of the car, and she now corners like shes on rails and is extremely predictable.

screen2-2.jpg

SiNiST3R SLR McLaren Car settings

617-BHP
1768-kg

Ride height: -12/-8
Spring Rate: 5/4
Damper: 7/6
Toe: -0.12/+0.26
Camber Angle: 1.9/2.4

Ill defiantly do some more tuning with this car in the future, but I cant bring myself to touch them anymore at this point as the car just handles so well.

Try them out & see how somebody else has set the car up to compare with your own set up.

screen3-2.jpg

I'm sure most already know the car can be obtained thorough the UK GT web site, Playing the Skillz challenge. This will only work for Euro copies of GT. Or there is another website that will give you the car for buying an episode or subscription with them. That one works on the US copy.

screen13.jpg

screen14.jpg

screen6.jpg

screen4-1.jpg

Last edited:
"The SLR's power unit is a Twin-supercharged, 5.5L SOCH V8"

Now you can nit pick over this and that, but that's what they call it. I didn't pull it out of air, weather its 2 twin SC's or a twin screw really doesn't matter to me, what I was referring to was the 617bhp it produces regardless as to what the engine is called.

Your pic is awesome, I'm gaga over it.

Last edited:
Magmarot Red Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (SP model) '03

Alright so after having the DLC car for a few weeks, without installing it because I needed the Euro Copy of GT, I went ahead and got the Euro copy and installed it. Never mind I have to restart everything, I can now do so with control over the days and a Phat Stack of Cash. I don't even mind redoing the Driving Challenges & bringing back my tracks to S-Rank. I can now go through the game as I see fit, so I'm all good with the restart.
Let me get this straight. You bought another $39.99 (maybe you got a sale, but still) copy of the game just so you can have a red paint job on an SLR McLaren in game? Essentially, you paid upwards of $40 for a skin?

I guess you didn't preorder the US copy as well and didn't have to worry about a US pre-order bonus car?

Now you can nit pick over this and that, but that's what they call it.

I would of like the 722 Edition, but it's all good.

Let me get this straight. You bought another $39.99 (maybe you got a sale, but still) copy of the game just so you can have a red paint job on an SLR McLaren in game? Essentially, you paid upwards of $40 for a skin?

I guess you didn't preorder the US copy as well and didn't have to worry about a US pre-order bonus car?

I was curious about that too Sin, I mean you could of spend the 40 bucks on a new game that is coming out or something rather.

Now you can nit pick over this and that, but that's what they call it. I didn't pull it out of air, weather its 2 twin SC's or a twin screw really doesn't matter to me, what I was referring to was the 617bhp it produces regardless as to what the engine is called.

Note sure what your source is (could be a miss-quote or error from a press release), but the main website for the SLR simply describe it as Supercharged.

Source - http://www.slr-uk.com/range_performance.php?model=slr

Regards

Scaff

Attachments

• SLR.jpg
    SLR.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 39
Look at the car's in-game description, that is what I quoted.

snap0033-5.jpg

Is it really that big a deal?

Foo & Nii
Ill leave it at, I didn't buy a euro copy. I figure I got my US copy ;) I can get the Euro at no charge.

Last edited:
Look at the car's in-game description, that is what I quoted.
I am. It is in front of me right now, from the car collection view on the SP Model. From the second paragraph, starting midway through the seventh line.
"Under its hood sat a supercharged 5.5-liter V-8 with dry-sump lubrication that produced a whopping 616 HP at 65000 rpm and 575.7 ft-lb of torque from 3250 to 5000 rpm."

Is it really that big a deal?
We're car guys, so we're big on the details.

EDIT: Your screenshot is exactly like mine, except for the paragraph.

I am. It is in front of me right now, from the car collection view on the SP Model. From the second paragraph, starting midway through the seventh line.

We're car guys, so we're big on the details.

Dun dun dunnnn

snap0033-5.jpg

I wonder if it's because mine is from a euro copy...
Or Maybe a typo, for Twin-Intercooled Supercharger...

Just a quick screenshot to show that I'm not crazy. Pardon the poor cell phone pic. I'm at work, so it is all I've got.

photo0387s.jpg

I wonder if it's because mine is from a euro copy...
Possibly, or I have heard of inaccuracy issues purposely fed into "no charge" copies by developers before.

I call photoshoped with both pictures. The SLR actually has 3 Superchargers, Case Closed!

Just a quick screenshot to show that I'm not crazy. Pardon the poor cell phone pic. I'm at work, so it is all I've got.

Possibly, or I have heard of inaccuracy issues purposely fed into "no charge" copies by developers before.

I didn't doubt you, :) Your word is good by me.

I don't think there is another Euro copy that will say different, If mine says it like that I'm certain all euro copies will do the same.

As I think it over, my only logical explanation would be a typo.

The engine has Twin-intercoolers, that's probably where the "Twin" prefix came from. Then they might of cut out "intercooler" in an attempt to reduce the amount of text (or for whatever reason they might of had). Twin-Intercooled Supercharged went to Twin-Supercharged.

Really though, I'm only speculating

Just checked my copy (which is Euro) and it does indeed say twin-supercharged, so its an error on the part of the SCEE team that did the localisation.

Not the first time they have messed up and certainly it will not be the last time.

Scaff

Has anybody checked out the Video?

Should I just make 1 thread to put all my GT Videos in?

Its a nice video, good capture and shows off the car well.

It would also be a good idea just to have one thread for all you videos, makes them easier to find and you don't end up with threads all over the place.

Regards

Scaff

Its a nice video, good capture and shows off the car well.

It would also be a good idea just to have one thread for all you videos, makes them easier to find and you don't end up with threads all over the place.

Regards

Scaff

Ill do that tomorrow, I'm off to crash.

UPDATE: More new pics added

screen8.jpg

for example..

I find this to be my best pic so far and one of the best shots Ive ever seen from GT PSP

The custom angles are really making me want to jump on the CFW train... hmmm.

Yeah its kinda like free roam Camera Mode.

Great Stuff for those Sweet shots. I got some of the GT by Citroen, & I'm going to do some photo shoots today with some other choice cars. So I should have some more stuff up later today.

That Mamarot Red is one hell of a gorgeous color, I'm going to try some custom Sun angles also with it.

I discovered a plugin that you NEED to try, and that is Joysens. It allows you to adjust the sensitivity and deadzone of you analog stick. It can even calibrate drifting sticks. Using this plugin, I was able to adjust my analog to the point were the you can setup debug camera angles without getting handcramps :dopey:, which also makes analog steering A LOT more practical.👍

Last edited:
I discovered a plugin that you NEED to try, and that is Joysens. It allows you to adjust the sensitivity and deadzone of you analog stick. It can even calibrate drifting sticks. Using this plugin, I was able to adjust my analog to the point were the debug camera becomes usable without giving you handcramps :dopey:, which also makes analog steering A LOT more practical.👍

Sweet, I'm going to try it out. I was manually adjusting the deadzone and sensitivity, but its a long process, an app for it would help out much, and yeah, the camera is so sensitive on the PSP controls.

Do you know a good Vista program to do picture borders? I used to have MS Picture it but Im on Vista for a few weeks with no good photo editing app, and photoshop is just too complicated.

Do you know a user friendly easy one to use?

That shot of the Karussel really gives you a perspective of how tight that corner really is, nice work 👍. By the way, can you 'fly out' of the 'Ring and take pics of the GP circuit? I can see that they've modelled the grandstands and main straight in the background of one of your pics.

That shot of the Karussel really gives you a perspective of how tight that corner really is, nice work 👍. By the way, can you 'fly out' of the 'Ring and take pics of the GP circuit? I can see that they've modelled the grandstands and main straight in the background of one of your pics.

Yes you can the Circuit is there and appears to be complete. I wonder if you can drive it after hitting a breakout point.

Yes you can the Circuit is there and appears to be complete. I wonder if you can drive it after hitting a breakout point.

The GP circuit isn't complete actually. Like, half of it is missing. The part closest to the Nordschleife is accurately modeled, albeit in low detail, but the part of the track further away is BS. They just made that part into one big loop. After playing Toca Race Driver for a year I'd know.

^I see. Well, I just thought if they have it modeled in this game then the GP circuit has a high probability of appearing in GT5. Let's just wait and see...

Back