Major League Drift Series | GTP's Best |

Discussion in 'Drifting Teams & Meets' started by Saisoku, Jul 11, 2013.

1. GreazyTee

GreazyTee

Woo hoo!!!

2. twitcher

twitcher

I don't really care if people are using steering lock or not, I just wanted to know what the comp's official stance on the subject is.

I'm still interested in participating in a few rounds, I'm just holding off on registering until I coordinate with this rest if NEM as to who our other 2 drivers are going to be.

3. DGambino1

DGambino1

I bet we will see some "crying" here when the lead car with steering mod goes 90°, the chase car plows them and the judges give the win to lead car.

It's going to happen... LOL!

4. Suzuki

Suzuki

True.

5. Isho

Isho

Some people dont use it for the angle. I use it because I've got 2 weeks experience on the wheel and it basically helps me controlling the car.

6. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

PSN: blueninjacivic
    Hp: 368hp
    Car: Premium RX-7 GT-X(FC)
    PP: 502
    Team: Redsuns Mafia (RSM)
    Controller or Wheel: DS3

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  7. Lock2Lock

Lock2Lock Premium

Then you adapt the judging accordingly.

In real life D1 and FD, if you slow down too much while leading and it causes a collision, it is the lead car's fault. It's that simple. I am sure judges will be able to see that happen. If they can't they don't need to be a judge, and judging a D1 other FD competition. Plain and simple.

That mod doesn't slow everyone down Gam. As MD said, you don't always go full lock with it, that's a irresponsible way of using it. Like I said before, it's easy to judge that.

We all just either need to have a vote on it, or drop the subject totally.

Also Sai, do you need a judge for this. As I told you before, I really don't care about competing. Also I would like to talk with you online about a couple of things. When will you be online?

8. GreazyTee

GreazyTee

I disagree. If there is proper judges this situation won't happen.

9. DriftToretto

DriftToretto

To be honest all of you lock fan boys could go eat a hot dog lol it sucks.

10. DGambino1

DGambino1

I know the rules of D1 and FD but they are still subjective to the person judging in a videogame.

I guess we will have to wait and see the selected judging panel. It will be interesting to see who is selected.

11. Lock2Lock

Lock2Lock Premium

I know man. Just stating the obvious haha. I just judge really carefully anyway. I am very picky on the judging aspect. I like to judge correctly, so I wouldn't have a problem noticing something like the scenario you mentioned.

Sai, you should either just put it up for a vote, or just say yes or no to that modding being allowed again. So this conversation can end now. After that, if the discussion continues just report people. I know you're getting tired of the back and forth about this topic, and so am I. Just decide what you want to do, this is your competition, you run it how you want.

12. MaliciousMD

MaliciousMD

Subjective to judging as mentioned and everyone seems to agree on, but same scenario could happen with default steering lock. It would be interesting to see how those who choose not to use additional lock deal with those who have chosen to, and vice versa. Just like an actual car, because you have baller this and bling that parts, doesn't mean some guy in a boro isn't going to run your door.

Respect to Nemsis for choosing not to use any secret parts or steering angle. You guys don't seem to have a problem running with people that have chosen to from what I've seen at least...

Yup, you don't necessary loose speed with the increased steering lock. This is all driver and overall tune. I just noticed for most people I've seen using it, it's slowed them down. I'm also seeing some people get very comfortable with it and speeds going back up to "normal."

In a public lobby setting, yes I do think going stupid lock on people who are unfamiliar with your driving style or methods... might be a bit much. But this is supposed to be a battle though no? Ask yourself if you want to bring the knife or bring the gun to the party...

Nobody seemed to care as much about CH C/V tires, hacked turbos, additional weight reduction, or any other hidden parts being used before they were forcefully removed by PD yesterday. But again back to the steering lock debate. :banghead: So my vote...

[​IMG]

13. e_dub64

e_dub64

Updated

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  14. Conscience

Conscience

+1

To those worried about the Steering Mod.
    Think of it like i do:
    "Why fight for something you're not gonna use?"
    "Why fight against it if youre not gonna lose :sly:" Jkjk :lol:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  15. DGambino1

DGambino1

Thanks for this Mal! Respect to you as well!

We have a few steering modded cars that we use in our private lounges to test with. We haven't had any problems drifting against them. None of us mind the modded cars in lobbies/comps but some of us are purists (me included) in that we like the game the way it is and take pride in tuning.

This is what we are trying to highlight in our posts/comments. Nothing was wrong with the game before - most of the people here today are experienced enough to know how to use their car in its vanilla state - that's all.

For the record, none of my team is worried. It just makes it that much sweeter!

After all, "the only way to beat us, is to cheat us. :sly:" Jkjk... :lol:

16. MaliciousMD

MaliciousMD

Appreciated.

I got that from all of the Nemesis guys in the several threads the lock mod has over run, lol. This is also why I still drive standard lock cars as to not stray too far off the original game. PD will probably kill this in v2.15 so I figure enjoy it while we can.

17. Conscience

Conscience

Whats even better is getting more angle than them without the extended steering angle :3

18. Isho

Isho

You...? Pfshhh... lol

19. Sai

Sai (Banned)

Actually we are not so quit your complaining. Judges will make the right calls. Everyone stop whining.

20. Sai

Sai (Banned)

I will be allowing steering angle BUT with a certain limit.

21. DriftToretto

DriftToretto

Okay... up to what number?

22. Conscience

Conscience

It happened yesterday in my ZR1 on AR lol

23. DGambino1

DGambino1

This made me laugh out loud for real. :tup:

Thank you!

24. MichoRexo

MichoRexo

He already said that he will allow the "angle hack". :censored: I'm not going to be using it and I thought me saying I'm cool with it would be enough. I don't see it as a disadvantage. As stated before, it takes skill to use it right. Skill I know I don't have. So, if I am beaten by someone like DK using it properly, I'll be cool with it. On the other hand, people using it incorrectly do not look smooth. Their drifts are erratic, uncontrolled, and 'all over the place'. Judges should easily spot those driving characteristics and give more points to the smoother driver. In the end it's about giving a show of skill.

25. Sai

Sai (Banned)

26. Sai

Sai (Banned)

MLDS has been cancelled until further notice.

Quick announcement : I have decided to depart with MLD.

27. MichoRexo

MichoRexo

28. lspredator

lspredator

Why cancelled?

29. Sai

Sai (Banned)

I think I want to wait until GT6.

30. DriftToretto

DriftToretto

Why depart?