• 185 comments
PSN: DRIFT__KING_
Hp: 558
Car: M3 GTR 0'3
PP: 574
Team: MCR
Controller or Wheel: Controller

Last edited:
I'd like to sign up and I'll let a member know about this to see if he wants to join. ;) 👍

Psn: MMDC-Meech
HP: 514
Car: 2008 370z
PP: 546
Team: 2.6k
Controller or wheel: Wheel DFGT

PSN:RSM-ShiroJP
HP:450
Car:Chaser
PP:515
Team:RSM
Controller or Wheel: G27

PSN:RSM-Eric1512
HP:564
Car:SC300
PP:545
Team:RSM

Last edited:
I would like to sign up....bu after reading the OP and the entire thread 3 times, I'm still confused as hell as to what's going on with this team member limit.....

- Is it a MAX of 3 entrants per team, period? Or is it a MAX of 3 per team will have their points count towards the team championship??

- If it's the latter, will the 3 team representatives be chosen at the start of a season, or can a team switch up their drivers from round to round?

- Also, if it's the latter, will only the 3 drivers assigned as "team drivers" be the only ones allowed to score points, or will you award team points to the three highest finishing team members?

Question about the points themselves. You said 1st = 20, 2nd = 15, 3rd = 10...and everyone who doesn't podium gets 5.....

Are you saying that the loser of the 3rd place battle gets the same amount of points as someone who gets knocked out in the first round???? Please tell me this is an oversight, and not as it was intended.

Also just to clarify, I'm going to assume that any and all hacking/modding that can get past PD's checks is allowed?? eg steering angle, [V] CH tires, any hidden parts, HP multiplier (was it ever confirmed if PD blocked the grip multiplier?) etc etc.

Finally, just my opinion on a few things...
- 4 judges seems really whack....how do you plan on solving a tie amongst the judges (ie two judges select driver A to advance, 2 judges select OMT).

-speaking of OMT, the OP doesn't mention them....are they a complete rerun (ie each driver has a chance to lead), or is it sudden death??

-unless I missed it 3 times, I didn't see anything about how you plan on handling qualifying??? Any insight would be appreciated.

-if you are in fact allowing only 3 people per team, period....I would like to ask, why? How is going up against 5 or 6 people from the same any different than going up against 5 or 6 skilled, independent drifters? Why would it be so bad if MCR entered 10 people, and MLD only entered 4? I completely fail to see your logic (well, I can actually think of one reason, but I won't mention it...yet). Why the magic number 3??? You severely handicap the two man teams (just my opinion, but if either of the two man teams I'm thinking of enter, under a normal format, they would be an encredible threat to the competition...under this format, they are severely nurfed)

-lastly, I really don't understand why you've decided to come up with this new, rather quirky format, as opposed to just using the one that worked so well for LV and GTP FD?

I have softball on Tues nights, but may be able to make one or two rounds, depending on times. However, I only want to sign up if my inability to make every round won't hurt my team.

Sorry for bein long winded, I just like to know what I'm getting into before I sign up for something.

I would like to sign up....bu after reading the OP and the entire thread 3 times, I'm still confused as hell as to what's going on with this team member limit.....

- Is it a MAX of 3 entrants per team, period? Or is it a MAX of 3 per team will have their points count towards the team championship??

- If it's the latter, will the 3 team representatives be chosen at the start of a season, or can a team switch up their drivers from round to round?

- Also, if it's the latter, will only the 3 drivers assigned as "team drivers" be the only ones allowed to score points, or will you award team points to the three highest finishing team members?

Question about the points themselves. You said 1st = 20, 2nd = 15, 3rd = 10...and everyone who doesn't podium gets 5.....

Are you saying that the loser of the 3rd place battle gets the same amount of points as someone who gets knocked out in the first round???? Please tell me this is an oversight, and not as it was intended.

Also just to clarify, I'm going to assume that any and all hacking/modding that can get past PD's checks is allowed?? eg steering angle, [V] CH tires, any hidden parts, HP multiplier (was it ever confirmed if PD blocked the grip multiplier?) etc etc.

Finally, just my opinion on a few things...
- 4 judges seems really whack....how do you plan on solving a tie amongst the judges (ie two judges select driver A to advance, 2 judges select OMT).

-speaking of OMT, the OP doesn't mention them....are they a complete rerun (ie each driver has a chance to lead), or is it sudden death??

-unless I missed it 3 times, I didn't see anything about how you plan on handling qualifying??? Any insight would be appreciated.

-if you are in fact allowing only 3 people per team, period....I would like to ask, why? How is going up against 5 or 6 people from the same any different than going up against 5 or 6 skilled, independent drifters? Why would it be so bad if MCR entered 10 people, and MLD only entered 4? I completely fail to see your logic (well, I can actually think of one reason, but I won't mention it...yet). Why the magic number 3??? You severely handicap the two man teams (just my opinion, but if either of the two man teams I'm thinking of enter, under a normal format, they would be an encredible threat to the competition...under this format, they are severely nurfed)

-lastly, I really don't understand why you've decided to come up with this new, rather quirky format, as opposed to just using the one that worked so well for LV and GTP FD?

I have softball on Tues nights, but may be able to make one or two rounds, depending on times. However, I only want to sign up if my inability to make every round won't hurt my team.

Sorry for bein long winded, I just like to know what I'm getting into before I sign up for something.

This gives me a chance to clear it up.
the 3 limit thing is just so we don't have more people of 1 team than another. ( obviously )
I find it dumb to see a comp with lets say 6 Nemesis members, 2 MCR and 1 MLD member. It's boring to me. I rather see everyone on a equal playing field and want the best 3 of a team to give it their all. This whole comp is based on singles. Your competiting to be the driver champion but the whole team championship is almost just for bragging rights and maybe a prize just to see the overall of a team. the same concept is in circuit racing.

The only thing that isn't allowed is the grip multiplier.

I don't think i need to really put on the OP about OMT and Sudden Death. Most people here know how a battle goes down. I put that there for someone who wants to judge ( who i confirm ) sees the criteria again to remember.

As it states, 1st place gets 20 points, 2nd gets 15 and 3rd gets 10. IF THEY DON'T PODIUM, THEY GOT 5 POINTS.

In most comps i have witness the drivers themselves judge more than the " judges " and its over 4 people. the judges will be top drifters themselves to discuss the situaton and judge. If its a tie, we go to sudden death.

Qualifying might be done the same traditional way but we still got a month for this comp. things are getting sorted out. Anymore questions?

note: iIf a driver can't make it , there will be no penalty towards his team points but he will recieve a 0 in the singles.

Let me put it in a simple form.

Everyone is competiting to be the MLDS Champion. ( Sinlges )

Team points are just showing what teams doing the best so far in placing better or winning in events. Simple.

You do not have to be in a team or a 3 man team to compete.

We could do it FD, D1gp or what have you traditional style but, i want to make it simple for the new guys that usually don't comp and for the veteran guys. Make it real simple. Qualifing will be the traditional way as always.

PSN: somerandomNinja
HP: 578hp
Car: BMW M3 07
PP: (Will edit and input later. Don't know it by memory.)
Team: Nemesis
Controller or Wheel: DS3

Edit: Actually count me out, sorry. I didn't read this before hand.
The only thing that isn't allowed is the grip multiplier.

No offense to anyone, modding/hacking is cool. I do it for many other games. But in the competition sense it just ruins the playing field. I won't be competing if your going to allow hacks. Even when everyone had hybrids, I still competed and won fun comps in vanilla cars. But this is different.

Last edited:
Why average the points. Sai keep it how it is.

I agree with you, no grip hacks. Tbh most grip hacks are noticeable.

PSN: somerandomNinja
HP: 578hp
Car: BMW M3 07
PP: (Will edit and input later. Don't know it by memory.)
Team: Nemesis
Controller or Wheel: DS3

Edit: Actually count me out, sorry. I didn't read this before hand.

No offense to anyone, modding/hacking is cool. I do it for many other games. But in the competition sense it just ruins the playing field. I won't be competing if your going to allow hacks. Even when everyone had hybrids, I still competed and won fun comps in vanilla cars. But this is different.

Almost everyone is using secret parts and steering angle hack, like I stated we have a month until everything is official. I'm talking to my production staff.

Saisoku
Almost everyone is using secret parts and steering angle hack, like I stated we have a month until everything is official. I'm talking to my production staff.

Only hidden part I use is the Triple Plate Clutch, which is because I am on a wheel. I do use the steering mod for leisure drifting, but I will not use it to compete if I do decide to sign up.

PSN: Lspredator
HP: 449hp
Car: HKS GENKI Silvia Zer0 Downforce IT HAVE 0 Downforce in front and 0 Downforce in Rear
PP: 566
Team: DriftMonkey
Controller or Wheel: Logitech G27

Last edited:
PSN: e_dub64
HP: 477
Car: 370z
PP: 542
Team: Drop5
Controller or Wheel: Controller

Last edited:
PSN: eddyac
HP: 256
Car: Miata NA
PP: Don't know
Team: D-Max

Just for fun :sly:

m3, 370z, sc300, supras, 180sx and a miata... this is gonna be hilarious to watch lol.

None of my team is using any secret parts or steering angle hacks - especially not in a comp.

DGambino1
None of my team is using any secret parts or steering angle hacks - especially not in a comp.

Same here bro. The only reason I will be using the triple plate clutch is because it is a part of the tune for the wheel. Just saying I will use that one part regardless of what anyone says because there is absolutely no advantage over anyone for using it.

Far as the steering modification, one of the main things that I stressed when giving it out, was not to use it in comps unless everyone agrees to it. But some will make their own decision on using it or not.

With these other cars it might be smart to go with a slow entry also... Is it alright if I change the tune on the 370 or if I just enter with a Miata after I had already posted with the current 370 specs? How much time do I have to get this settled?

Everyone has access to the parts and lock so I couldn't care less, that's just me. If people want to use it that's their decision.

Either way should be a great comp.

With these other cars it might be smart to go with a slow entry also... Is it alright if I change the tune on the 370 or if I just enter with a Miata after I had already posted with the current 370 specs? How much time do I have to get this settled?

You have time to change cars and what not.

Got till July 20th for everyone to get ready. Sign up ends on the 25th.

Steering angle hack is NOT allowed. Secret parts will be fine.

Back