Major League Soccer on GTPlanet

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 42 comments
Are Toronto FC's points are wrong? 7 wins - thats 21 points + 6 draws, that should take it to 27 points surely.

Are Toronto FC's points are wrong? 7 wins - thats 21 points + 6 draws, that should take it to 27 points surely.

He's got it as WLD, not WDL.

Oh, and about the FC Barcelona-Miami thing... That will never go through. Miami has the worst fanbase for sports. Everyone is a fairweatherer down here.

One thing about my Dynamo is that we've been on the road playing lots of matches. They've been game enough to take on these challenges head-on, not to mention doing whatever they can to win or take draws. The Dynamo had to force a tie with their most recent match against Toronto F.C. back on Saturday in a 2-2 draw.

I don't watch much football, but I chat about whatever I can to the best of my knowledge. The MLS is a very decent league.

The Dynamo clinched a playoff spot despite going into a 1-1 tie in a match on Sunday afternoon. Proud of the orange and white.

Tonight is not only the start of the new season, but it is also the debut of Philadelphia's new MLS team. Philadelphia's new team is called the Philadelphia Union. Their first test will be on the road at a VERY good sophomore team- the Seattle Sounders. My Dynamo will take on F.C. Dallas at F.C. Dallas this Saturday.

Good luck to all the teams!

What's the MLS like for young players with potential breaking through? The only young player recently that I know has ended up playing in a top flight leage is Jozey Altidore. He's on loan at Hull at the moment, he looks like he could be okay but hasn't really made much of an impact. I think he needs more game time than he has been getting. The other player who's on loan over here is LA Galaxys Landon Donovan who was loaned to Everton, I was pretty impressed with him tbh, expect to see him linked with virtually every team in the English Premier League this summer because he did okay for himself.

Last edited:
Dynamo 2010 Debut
My Dynamo start this season 0-0-1 with a 1-1 tie at F.C. Dallas. We still have Brian Ching, but local product Stuart Holden is now playing overseas.

Red Bulls' New Stadium
Right now, the New York Red Bulls are playing their first game at their beautiful new stadium, called Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey, USA.

Sounders Sound Off!
I forgot to update from Thursday. The Philadelphia Union faced a tough test at Seattle. The Sounders took down Philly 2-0. One guy from the Union was red carded during the match.

As far as newcomers in the MLS, I'm not really sure. There isn't a whole lot of pomp and circumstance as there may be with (the other football) here. All I know is that I become interested in players who come out of universities like St. John's, Saint Louis, Indiana... the powerhouse soccer schools here in America. Of course, good international talent helps improve the stock of each club. I can't really comment on breaking through or being that diamond in the rough in the game of soccer/football here in the MLS.

The Houston Dynamo won 2-1 over Real Salt Lake (I sometimes still wish my team had a PROPER football name), but it was bitter-sweet. Brian Ching had a hamstring injury. Both goals were on yellow card fouls on Real Salt Lake. Brad Davis was the hero scoring two goals in only three minutes on penalty kicks. I get so scared when I watch those because you NEVER know where the ball is going to be kicked when you're guarding the goal.

A big test is coming up for the New York Red Bulls as they travel to Seattle on Saturday. They'll be away from their beautiful new stadium to play at beautiful Qwest Field in Seattle against the Seattle Sounders.

This year's MLS All-Star Game will be held right here in Houston. And the team we'll be playing against is kind of a big deal. The MLS All-Star Game for 2010 in Houston is between:

Major League Soccer All-Stars vs. Manchester United

That's right! Man-U in H-Town on July 28 for the MLS All-Star Game. You dig this matchup?

Word has it that another expansion pick for the MLS has been given to Montreal in 2012. So the MLS is really expanding and really getting a lot more teams. It seems like the MLS is starting to catch on a bit more in trying to get more teams and cities involved.

My Houston Dynamo won 2-0 at Chivas USA last night. I'm still a bit concerned at how well they can REALLY do without Stuart Holden, who moved on to play overseas (for Bolton, I believe). As long as we still have Brian Ching, the sky's the limit for my boys.

Wow... OLD thread! Anyhow, this Wednesday, all MLS eyes will be on my hometown of Houston as the MLS All-Stars will challenge Manchester United this Wednesday. Two of my Houston Dynamo will play for the MLS All-Stars, including the amazing Brian Ching. Tell you what... it would be a HUGE deal if we beat Manchester United. Of course, the MLS All-Stars trying to beat Man-U would be like a softball team trying to beat the New York Yankees.

The big thing I want to follow for this game is if this could fuel interest in the World Cup coming to the United States. Possibly even the championship game here in Houston. I've been to Reliant Stadium twice before, including once for my college graduation. It can certainly be a great stadium for football (soccer) as well as football (gridiron). So yeah. Be interesting to see how the MLS All-Stars do against the elite program known as Manchester United.

Maybe Alexi Lalas should shut the hell up in saying that we should beat Manchester United tonight, because the MLS All-Stars absolutely didn't. Never tied, never lead. We lost 5-2 to Man U. Bad enough, the first goal was scored without even 30 seconds on the clock. Man U scored early and often. The second goal was in the third or so minute.

Beat down, folks...

Back