Make all cars available from the start?

• Thread starter Earth
  • 894 comments

Make all cars available from the start?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
GTP_Royalton
PCARS is coming out soon and like many sims all the cars are available from the start. There is no need to earn credits to buy them.

Some are saying GT7 should be the same. That starting with a slow car is dated, people should be able to jump right into whatever racing series they want.

Whats so bad about starting in slow cars? Thats the core of the GT career, to start as a small time driver in slow cars before eventually earning the fast racecars. At least thats the way I've always seen it.

For me personally, there is fun to be had in not owning every car. It adds extra worth to every car. Theres just a level of satisfaction knowing not everyone can just jump into the 5m credit McLaren your driving. Or most people dont care to own that 1983 Audi you have. Also by making people buy cars you open up possible fun things like online auctions, scrapyards, and car trading.

Making every car available from the start makes credits obsolete. I know some will complain about grinding. But thats a design issue. Cant say that I agree with the modern thinking that all and any grinding is inherently bad. If Im having fun while grinding whats the big deal? Thats the simple key, people should have fun earning credits in GT, there should be alot of events so theres no real reason to do one twice, and they should all pay good credits.

If someone does the same race over and over in a 'grind', then solid AI, physics, engine sounds etc should make that race enjoyable. Also an event creator should pay out credits based on difficulty and length, so you can grind however you'd like.

In the short time, that would be ideal.

Longterm, your hurting the game.

What happens to GT Life when theres no more credits, no more dealerships, no more used cars, no more ladder to climb? You can just jump into a Veyron and tune it to 2,000HP?
That's fine with me. All I do is online leagues, and I don't want to have to keep grinding against useless AI just so I can get the car I need.

PD should at least make all cars & tracks available from the start in arcade mode so that I can test drive cars before buying them as well as play arcade races with my favorite cars from the start. Arcade mode doesn't give out credits, arcade cars cannot be customized in any way, so it makes no sense why PD doesn't make all cars available from the start in arcade mode.

Personally I care more about racing, not so much about car collecting or grinding for many hours to be able to drive the cars I like.
The cool thing about PCars career mode is that it will make the game fun for everybody. People who want to start with a slow car and work their way up can still do so, people who prefer to go straight to the cars they're interested in can do so, and people who don't care about offline career and are only interested in online play can go straight to online.

It's a win-win situation, in the end everybody is happy. It would be great if future GT games followed that formula. Removing options and forcing players to play the game in a specific way is an outdated concept.

I think it should be an option, so you can start with all the cars or start in a slow car and work your way up

I don't mind having to buy cars in career mode especially if PD brings back freatures like, (unrestricted) gifting and is a lot more generous with prize cars. Also, the big dollar classic cars should be sellable for close to if not an equal amount to their purchase price.

Also, things like trading cars, and the used car dealership added a lot of playability for people in GT5, maybe their should be a way to re-intergrate them into GT7 without making it too difficult for casual players to get access to the full car list.

Last edited:
Make it like Arcade mode in GT4, every car in the whole game is available there, but to drive it online or in events you'll need to buy the car.
But that just kills buying the car for me, because it's available in arcade already.

I would love to see all cars available from the start - as an option. I would like to see several paths through the game from a GT Classic Career Mode, to GT500 or GT3 Career Mode, to an Open Wheel Career Mode, to Endurance Career Mode and Custom Career Mode. I think the one-size-fits-all approach needs to be retired in favour of greater customization to appeal to the growing and changing fanbase.

Yes, but only as an arcade mode option. Not in GT Mode.
This. In Sim Mode, having every car available from the start would be silly. I'm not saying they should have a level system like GT5 (I don't want something like that). I don't know what else to say. Also, Project CARS won't be coming out that soon. It's just been delayed to March 2015.

This. In Sim Mode, having every car available from the start would be silly. I'm not saying they should have a level system like GT5 (I don't want something like that). I don't know what else to say. Also, Project CARS won't be coming out that soon. It's just been delayed to March 2015.
Why would it be silly? What is gained by forcing people to either progress through an offline career mode they don't enjoy or using micro-transactions to get where they want to go? How is the enjoyment of your game affected, if I get all the cars when I start the game so long as you also have the option to get what you want?

Last edited:
I believe that all cars should be available from the start. After playing Gran Turismo since Gran Turismo 2 I not feel like starting with nothing again. There should be one option where if you want to start with nothing you can & the second option you start with all cars unlocked. I rather be able to drive all cars than not being able to drive all cars.

Why would it be silly? What is gained by forcing people to either progress through an offline career mode they don't enjoy or using micro-transactions to get where they want to go? How is the enjoyment of your game affected, if I get all the cars when I start the game so long as you also have the option to get what you want?
I don't know how to word it well.

I would love to see all cars available from the start - as an option. I would like to see several paths through the game from a GT Classic Career Mode, to GT500 or GT3 Career Mode, to an Open Wheel Career Mode, to Endurance Career Mode and Custom Career Mode. I think the one-size-fits-all approach needs to be retired in favour of greater customization to appeal to the growing and changing fanbase.

Does Project CARS have an option to earn the cars in a GT Life style mode? I dont think it does. So in reality both titles are one size fits all. But I wouldnt call it one size fits all, they both have a size, and it fits the particular consumer who buys the game.

You buy Gran Turismo for a RPG style racing experience, you buy Project CARS for a more racing career oriented experience. I dont think either game should feature both experiences, they should just stick to what they do best.

Does Project CARS have an option to earn the cars in a GT Life style mode? I dont think it does. So in reality both titles are one size fits all. But I wouldnt call it one size fits all, they both have a size, and it fits the particular consumer who buys the game.

You buy Gran Turismo for a RPG style racing experience, you buy Project CARS for a more racing career oriented experience. I dont think either game should feature both experiences, they should just stick to what they do best.
What does Project Cars have to do with it?

I fail to see how giving a very diverse fanbase more options to progress through the game could possibly make it a worse experience.

What does Project Cars have to do with it?

I fail to see how giving a very diverse fanbase more options to progress through the game could possibly make it a worse experience.

Project cars doesnt have a GT Life style mode. Why arent they diversifying and giving players a chance to earn credits and buy the cars?

Your asking GT to split itself in half by rendering a large portion of itself obsolete. And I really doubt PD is going to go through the hassle of creating a game that allows users to simply skip GT life mode alltogether if they dont feel like racing a few hours to earn enough credits to buy some cars.

IF GT had a Project CARS style career mode I might consider it. But it wouldnt be ideal, as Project CARS already exists and it already does that very well. Why have two games that do the same thing? At that point to me it becomes one or the other. Theres no real reason to own both.

For career mode, most definitely not.

But for online, arcade, split screen, time trial. etc. of course. It'll take way to long to get the cars you want.

if all cars are available from the start what will happen to customisation options and tuning? will they just be all free to? if i want a game like that i can go and buy project cars instead of pd ruining gt

I don't know why there's this fear of grinding now... Progression ladies and gents.

Having all cars available from the start is gonna kill GT Career mode then more complaints and whining will come.
Things should be locked and entice you to unlock more content by progressing through the game and developing your skill . Even certain cars should be padlocked like they were in the past and be won in a certain event. Reward players for using their skill and not handing things out for nothing which creates bad players

The stupid micro-transactions should go though. Can we at least earn some moderate cash from event creators or family cups?

Also, let's leave Project CARS to do its own thing. Let's not make GT like PCARs, GT must be it's own good thing

I don't know why there's this fear of grinding now... Progression ladies and gents.

Having all cars available from the start is gonna kill GT Career mode then more complaints and whining will come.
Things should be locked and entice you to unlock more content by progressing through the game and developing your skill . Even certain cars should be padlocked like they were in the past and be won in a certain event. Reward players for using their skill and not handing things out for nothing which creates bad players

The stupid micro-transactions should go though. Can we at least earn some moderate cash from event creators or family cups?

Also, let's leave Project CARS to do its own thing. Let's not make GT like PCARs, GT must be it's own good thing
You said it perfectly. I didn't know how to word it. I want exactly that. All that.

As I said earlier, there's no reason why you can't have multiple paths through the game. I tick "give me all cars" you tick "GT Classic Career Mode" someone else ticks "Open Wheel Career". There's no reason why we can't also choose to mix and mingle our garages from each mode together or keep them separate.
I don't get why people continue to advocate for no progression in the antiquated career mode and options that can satisfy all gamers.

Not everybody cares about progression.
Some people simply want to drive their favorite cars, others just want to race online against their friends and don't care about playing through a linear career mode against bad AI. Having an alternate way to access cars in addition to the current GT career would make the game enjoyable for everybody.
Having all cars & tracks available from the start in arcade mode at least would be way better than the current system.

Locking up the game doesn't develop skill, it simply makes the game frustrating for a lot of people.
If PD wants to encourage skillful play they should make mechanical damage available in all game modes, and give bonus credits for people who enable mechanical damage, enable penalties & disable driving aids. PD also needs to implement adjustable AI difficulty and give more credits for selecting higher difficulty. Maybe also give bonus credits for clean laps & clean races.
Another way to encourage skillful play would be to have heavy damage & strong penalties enabled in all quick race lobbies, and have the option to turn damage & penalties off only in custom lobbies. Maybe have some sort of driver rating system as well.

A bit of both. Give players a respectable selection of cars that they can use instantly in online mode, but if you want to modify them heavily, you'd have to buy them with credits in GT Life mode. However, I also think that online mode should offer credits, but this could encourage people to exploit the online system for money though, if not carefully thought out.

The price payouts for the different rankings should probably not be too far apart. Enough to make people want to win, but not so much that it creates an enormous amount of drama if someone plays dirty. If someone bumped you off the track and that made to lose half the price money, that would probably make you a lot more angry than if it just made your prize 5% lower.

By respectable selection, I mean at least a few competitive cars to use in events based on the rules of most major racing leagues. A few cars for every class, that is, and properly set up for the type of racing you'd typically do with those kind of cars.

Latest Posts

Back