Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Spec Micro Enduro Cup
Thursday 26 February 2015

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54 @ Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes)

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _1.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _2.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _3.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _4.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _5.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _6.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _8.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _9.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _10.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _11.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _12.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _13.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _14.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes) _15.jpg IMG_0223.jpg

Room is up
for warm-up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 1 March 2015
1:00pm US EST / 10:00am US PST / 6:00pm GMT / 7:00pm CET / 18:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 17 -- Event 1
Cars Needed: 90s list, Legends list, Luxury list, & Chevrolet SSR '03
Race #1: 14 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (heavy damage, 1 pit stop) // Chevrolet SSR '03
Race #2: 3 laps @ Mount Panorama // 90s
Race #3: 3 laps @ Madrid Reverse // 90s
Race #4: 3 laps @ Red Bull Ring // Legends
Race #5: 4 laps @ Monza 80 // Luxury

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 17 -- Event 1
Sunday 1 March 2015

1.) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (26 pts) (2/1)
2.) *tacom08 / tacom08 (26 pts) (0/4)
3.) LongbowX / LongbowX (24 pts) (0/2)
4.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (19 pts) (1/1)
4.) WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (19 pts) (1/1)
5.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (15 pts) (1/0)
6.) tarnheld / tarnheld (10 pts)
7.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (7 pts) (0/1)
8.) crisissasix / crisissasix (3 pts)

Race #1: 14 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (heavy damage, 1 pit stop) // Chevrolet SSR '03

IMG_0226.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Mount Panorama // 90s

IMG_0230.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Madrid Reverse // 90s

IMG_0232.jpg

Race #4: 3 laps @ Red Bull Ring // Legends

IMG_0239.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Monza 80 // Luxury

IMG_0246.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 9
ATTENTION:

It's March again.
Which unfortunately means time zone madness adjustments needed to the schedules.

Daylight Savings Time starts on Sunday March 8th in the U.S.
But it doesn't start in Europe until March 29th.
:ouch:

So...
So instead of 5 hours between US & Europe, we will be down to 4 hours difference.

My remedy of this is to "meet half way" on the difference.
And hope that works out for everyone for the most part. :nervous:
It may even work out better for some, though I imagine it may cause issues for others.

Sunday
1:00pm US EST / 10:00am US PST / 6:00pm GMT / 7:00pm CET / 18:00 UTC
will become
1:30pm US EDT / 10:30am US PDT / 5:30pm GMT / 6:30pm CET / 17:30 UTC

Tuesday 10 March 2015
2:30pm US EST / 11:30am US PST / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET / 19:30 UTC
will become
3:00pm US EDT / 12:00 noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC

"March is NOT the beginning of Spring. March is a sort of transitional month, it's kind of a halfway house. It's a month God designed to show people who don't drink what a hangover is like."
--Garrison Keillor

Last edited:
Good races yesterday, and very diverse. Race 1 was very tactical as I find oval racing usually is. We got away as a pack of 4 early on and were exchanging positions as you usually do, but after some really good laps in the beginning I saw that our times were dropping below what you could achieve alone, so I decided to come in 1 lap earlier than half-time. I would have come in even earlier, but tyre wear was more than I expected. Coming in early also meant getting away from possible mayhem on lap 7. Longbow followed me in. Leaving the pits, I had a slightly bigger gap to Longbow (must have come into the pits a little hotter), and after Wild_Child and Tacom had pitted the next lap, I was able to draft Wild_Child and it seemed we had broken the slipstream of Longbow and Tacom. We changed positions back and forth a bit, but there was no bump-drafting, which probably enabled Longbow to suddenly appear again on the penultimate lap. Going into the final lap I was in the lead, but going into the turns with the added speed from bump-drafting meant that my front right was fading and then Longbow also bump-drafted me into T2 which almost made me go into the wall, so he took the lead, but it also gave me the better spot coming onto the home straight and being able to come out of his draft for the win.

I don't know what happened at Bathurst. I was running behind a train of cars through turn 2, we were running close to the wall on the left and then all hell broke loose. It was as if the first of our train had stopped on a dime and we all piled into him, or maybe it was lag? Anyway, the rest of the race was just finishing.

I had the NSX at Madrid, which is probably one of the worst tracks for it. Didn't drive very well either, so I couldn't wring out the car's potential. The '83 Skyline was also not really competitive at the Red Bull Ring - don't think I could have done more.

For Monza I had a good car with the Audi S4, but early on could not find a way around the Goat. I would try to get as much speed out of the chicanes as possible, but had to slow at times so as not to run into him, but once through the corner he would take off in the C63 on the straights. I finally managed to get by when he overshot della Roggia and luckily was able to get him out of the slipstream until the finish.

I think my change for the red works out nicely with the different colours we have amongst the regulars now. We have white, yellow, red, greenish black, green/red, ... The blue I had before was looking nice at the shop, but was a little underwhelming in the light of day. :lol:

I don't know what happened at Bathurst. I was running behind a train of cars through turn 2, we were running close to the wall on the left and then all hell broke loose. It was as if the first of our train had stopped on a dime and we all piled into him, or maybe it was lag?
There was some lag going on in that race for sure.
But I think even more than that, it may be true that Mount Panorama track is somewhat buggy. :(
Many people have complained of this all along.
So I think from now on, if we schedule a race there, it will be the last race. Even more, maybe we should save it for a bonus race instead.

I think my change for the red works out nicely with the different colours we have amongst the regulars now. We have white, yellow, red, greenish black, green/red, ... The blue I had before was looking nice at the shop, but was a little underwhelming in the light of day. :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking that too when I take pictures. The blue was quite nice... but really a little too dark to see it most of the time.
I too have chosen greens that look beautiful in the shop... but then on the track somehow look very drab. :(

And... icy day. :crazy: No school again, I'm falling so far behind. :banghead:

On the flip side, I can hit the track as long as I finish my Honey-Do List... ;)

Anything happening today?

Ok, whose idea was it to make a spec-race with the Toyota Tacoma on the Nordschleife? :crazy:

If you're in the lead, you may as well park in the middle of the road and go for a coffee, because nobody can pass you legally without going off the road. :lol:

And... icy day. :crazy: No school again, I'm falling so far behind. :banghead:

On the flip side, I can hit the track as long as I finish my Honey-Do List... ;)

Anything happening today?
There is zero cup going on a 3 pm est. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/zero-cup-zero-tuning.294976/

02/03: Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96

Sports Hard
1. Indianapolis Road Course
2. Suzuka (16:00 - random weather)
3. Apricot Hill (6:00 - random weather)

Good car, great tracks, sad I will miss it this week(family time)

Ok, whose idea was it to make a spec-race with the Toyota Tacoma on the Nordschleife? :crazy:
If you're in the lead, you may as well park in the middle of the road and go for a coffee, because nobody can pass you legally without going off the road. :lol:
Yes, right, we will all just drive that race in a procession parade.. because nobody in this club ever makes a mistake and goes off the road or spins out, allowing other people to take advantage & pass.
We don't have accidents or mistakes at all in our races.
:odd:

Especially nobody ever has accidents at Nurburgring...

Nürburgring Nordschleife_2.jpg Nürburgring Type V_1.jpg Nürburgring Type V_41 copy.jpg Nürburgring Type V_42 copy.jpg Nürburgring Type V_43 copy.jpg Nürburgring Type V_44 copy.jpg 2014-01-16-mmshufnurb02.jpg

:odd: :sly: :mischievous: ;) :lol:

Last edited:
I barely avoided @watermelon punch and @LongbowX in that luxury race. It all happened so fast. I felt bad because I didn't deserve to beat either of you.
Well, you lucked out to pass me (because I got taken out by the spun out 300C in the big poof of smoke)... But you definitely won LongbowX on sheer unmodified merit... as Longbowx was sideways in the track of his own volition. :ouch: (With of course some help from the 300c he was driving. :lol:)

That last picture is scary. In real life, when seeing that much spoke, no one would think "there is a cap, floor it and pass @amarynceos in the next turn"...
:ouch::embarrassed:
That why I love sim racing!

Yes, it's really nice not to get killed. :lol: :odd: :sly: :scared:

Last edited:
I dunno, would like to see some kind of fear factor involved in sim racing myself :)
I had this silly racing sim for ps2. I forgot what it was called exactly but it was title corvette something. Odlly enough it wasn't strictly a corvette racing game. But to the point, they had this silly mechanic where if you were being closely followed by an opposing driver, your virtual driver would get nervous and the whole screen would start to get blurry and your driver would be driving all over the road and he would be very difficult to control. It was a stupid game simply because of this and it made it almost impossible to drive.

Back