Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Once we got the room up and going, it was good racing today. Did well in the first, fell off the road in the second (dang Porsche curves, I was spending too much time looking at the car ahead rather than the track) and struggled onto the podium at Indy. Couldn't get a feel for the Screaming Chicken's braking and bailed out of several overtakes that I should have been able to make stick. :lol:

Oh I meant to mention this yesterday...
Who else found it a little disconcerting to bump draft in the Fiat 500 Lounge? :odd::lol:
It was REAL close-up. :eek:

@amarynceos
I also have trouble on Indy Road Course with missing what seems I should make it right... I think it's similar as my problems with Silverstone. I kind of have a hard time on gauging the turns, so if I'm not 100% attentive, I blow it. It's like I can't get some kind of automatic groove at those tracks or something... the way I do on most other tracks. :boggled:

And on top of that I just made mistake after mistake.

First I was surprised when @Chiochan's car was ghosted in the track. I figured something very unexpected must've happened. :eek: And I'm so easily distracted... because when something like that happens, I'm immediately... I guess sympathetic... wondering what could be the problem and if the driver is okay. :nervous: And the mind wanders... and then the wheels start wandering. :lol::rolleyes:

Then I thought I was doing better than I usually do at Indy frankly... but still getting a little out of sorts, trying to navigate the track, and at the same time being sandwiched between @Patrick8308 & @WildChild89 and trying to navigate between them. I felt like I was neither fast enough, or at some turns too fast. And so there was a lot of concertina with us through some of the tight turns there for a bit.
The Firebird is not the most nimble, I found. :lol:

And then I guess my attention lapsed just a little, and I got confused not realizing where @Patrick8308 was going to be following into a turn, and wound up bumping. :guilty: Sorry about that.

Then shortly after that @Chiochan made his overflowing toilet announcement.
At which point I was already shaken out a bit... and wound up driving completely off track because I started laughing. :lol:
Sorry :guilty:, but that was the most unexpected announced reason for an early retirement from a race. :eek: I felt rather bad because that's just awful, a nightmare. Nobody wants the commode to overflow, that's for sure, it's beyond inconvenient! :ill:
But it's also... because toilet. :lol:

Love Midfield reverse in the rain!

Oh yes, this morning... we started a race in morning with 30% weather at Midfield Reverse... and the track was not wet, and it wasn't raining... but mist was absolutely beautiful.
The scenery on Midfield, both in sun, and overcast, is really nice!

I think others are right in that there's something more desirable about Midfield Reverse.
I can't really put my finger on it... but it just seems more interesting and pleasing somehow. A more natural drive maybe... more than just circuit race track.

FYI:
I'm opening up the lobby.
I don't know if we'll get enough turn-out for an event... but I'm going to angle... and do some kind of racing tonight, darn it! :D

:D:tup:

I have to admit I was a little :boggled: there when I was waiting for everyone to queue up. @aceboy127 was well ahead of me... suggests caution... then suddenly he's in the pits and I'm in the lead... I find @Chiochan and we putter along until finally we've got the gang back together again... then we go at the line and ace and WM fall back unexpectedly. :odd: :nervous: :boggled: :guilty: :confused: At that point I just gunned it and let the chips fall where they might. :lol: :lol: It was all pretty darn amusing.

That initial crash went on for a long, long time, btw... apart from slamming on the brakes to avoid collecting/being collected, I got distracted watching @watermelon punch 's Miata pirouette around the place. I thought at one point you had it saved and we could proceed to running down ace as a trio... then BANG into the wall you went. :embarrassed:

That Motegi race, btw... I was totally hearing Baldric's 'I have a cunning plan, my lord' in my head as I dropped back to pick up WM, and at the same time I completely convinced it was indeed a turnip. That it actually worked was fantastic.

Good racing yesterday! 👍

The Abarth 500 was a lot fun on Suzuka. But what felt fast to me (1:05,0 lap times) was really slow in comparison to you 1:03 guys in front. :D

At Le Mans I could have been competetive I guess but I ruined my race when I braked too late before Mulsanne on lap 1 and bumped into tacom08 (sorry for that again :guilty:). The half lap back to pits with a broken axle was pretty messy. :drool:

Those strange connection problems at the beginning of the event and the resulting delay forced me to retire from Indy as my absolute deadline is 10:15pm CET. :boggled:

Then I thought I was doing better than I usually do at Indy frankly... but still getting a little out of sorts, trying to navigate the track, and at the same time being sandwiched between @Patrick8308 & @WildChild89 and trying to navigate between them. I felt like I was neither fast enough, or at some turns too fast. And so there was a lot of concertina with us through some of the tight turns there for a bit.
The Firebird is not the most nimble, I found. :lol:

And then I guess my attention lapsed just a little, and I got confused not realizing where @Patrick8308 was going to be following into a turn, and wound up bumping. :guilty: Sorry about that.

Nevertheless I had fun with "K.I.T.T.'s Dad" on Indy. :lol:
As I knew I would not be able to finish anyways I took it all very easy. That's why that bump of @watermelon punch didn't bother me at all. :sly: Actually I was fascinated by watching her struggle. :lol: I adapted my speed to her style of driving though I probably could have pulled away. But the final result had no meaning to me and so I made the best out of it and had a good time beeping around there. :) Then I decided to park my Firebird at the Oval and say goodbye by beeping at all of you passing me.:crazy:

I can't attend todays Track Day at Midfield. :( But at least I had the chance to race it abit yesterday.👍

The normal layout is cool but it seems there are two major turns that influence a lap time a lot. Turn 1 is really challenging as you need to get out of it with good speed for the long straight. Then there's that turn before tunnel, that's really challenging too with all it's bumps. If you get through that turn without loosing too much speed you will profit of that on the long finishing straight.

The reverse layout somehow has a better flow. That "S" into the tunnel with that little jump (in fast cars) is a blast. Then the "bumpy turn" which actually doesn't feel that way reverse. It's important for the speed in the uphill section. The following parabolica-like turn leaves many line and braking options and is very interesting therefore. The double left hander after the gallery is amazing as it's downhill with a lot speed possible. Somehow the following "S" in the straight feels better on normal layout. But then again a speedy double left hander to finishing straight with amazing flow.

So I have to say that both layouts definately make it to my top 5 of favourite tracks.:bowdown:

When racing today, always remember: Midfield is made for fast cars !!! :D

Really fun oval racing last night. Motegi was great, just sucked getting passed on the last lap. Indy was lots of fun too. Had a great battle with @amarynceos and was trying to help @Chiochan and @watermelon punch keep up with the draft, but that eventually failed. Trying to strategize for that last lap at Indy was a lot of fun, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then we have Daytona...Daytona..... well we had crashes, damage, cautions, and shootouts. In other words a typical Daytona race.

By the way, I just read on a 1.16 update-discussion thread, that allegedly the bug that required to enter-quit-enter track after changing cars, so the new car would be visible to all, was fixed. We'll see about that.

There's also discussions that there might have been some undocumented physics change, but I did not notice anything. I think our testing times are still valid.

By the way, I just read on a 1.16 update-discussion thread, that allegedly the bug that required to enter-quit-enter track after changing cars, so the new car would be visible to all, was fixed. We'll see about that.
Actually I noticed that in the lobbies yesterday...
Not one single incident of being shown in the wrong car!

Sorry if I have missed it but what car(s) is used tonight at mifield?

It's shuffle.

A Typical Day At Daytona Speedway

or... how to lose a race at Daytona :ouch:

Daytona International Speedway.jpg Daytona International Speedway_1.jpg Daytona International Speedway_2.jpg
And here we are starting out at Daytona...
@amarynceos black & gold
@aceboy127 red & white
@watermelon punch red & green
@Chiochan gold & white

Daytona International Speedway_3.jpg Daytona International Speedway_4.jpg
And myself & Chiochan start to bump draft.
Daytona International Speedway_5.jpg Daytona International Speedway_6.jpg
It was going well until there was a zig when should've zagged in the sway, and Chiochan rear-clipped my car which snapped back & nose-clipped his car. :ill: :ouch:
Daytona International Speedway_7.jpg
Which sent me flying toward the apron, and left Chiochan smashing up against the wall.
Daytona International Speedway_9.jpg Daytona International Speedway_10.jpg
At first it seemed like I was going to spin the right way & be able to continue... But I spun yet again, and wound up pointing in the wrong direction. And Aceboy127 was able to get past & free from the disaster.
Daytona International Speedway_11.jpg Daytona International Speedway_12.jpg

Then, even finally when I got pointed the right way again... I spun out YET AGAIN. :boggled::mischievous:👎
By some miracle amarynceos was able to get past, and Chiochan wasn't knocked again.

Daytona International Speedway_13.jpg Daytona International Speedway_14.jpg Daytona International Speedway_15.jpg
Then I try to get into the pit lane, with Chiochan following me in... As I needed to repair extensive damage on all 4 points, but more severe on front left & back right - which was making it impossible to drive the car in a straight line...
which led to me NOT being able to even enter the pit lane properly!! :crazy::dopey::eek::(:scared:

Daytona International Speedway_16.jpg
So then when I entered the pit... it gave me a drive through.
So I exited the pit with damage still...

Daytona International Speedway_17.jpg

And promptly drove out of the pit lane, to the right and smack snoot-first into the wall.:boggled::crazy::dunce:

Daytona International Speedway_18.jpg
Then I was pointed in the WRONG direction, as lapped traffic, when aceboy127 was coming up...
This doesn't end well... :nervous:

Daytona International Speedway_19.jpg
Aceboy127 gets clipped by my car, and winds up in the lawn. :indiff::guilty::guilty::yuck:

Daytona International Speedway_20.jpg Daytona International Speedway_21.jpg
Amarynceos then passes both me & Aceboy127 in various states of ill positions and likely wonders how any of this happened. :confused:
Daytona International Speedway_23.jpg Daytona International Speedway_24.jpg Daytona International Speedway_25.jpg Daytona International Speedway_26.jpg
I find myself unable to stay on the track at all, or even proceed in a straight manner. So I put myself in auto-pilot and typed into the chat: "I have extensive damage."
Which in retrospect seems very silly since this was probably apparent to everybody. :embarrassed:
Daytona International Speedway_27.jpg Daytona International Speedway_28.jpg
I finally get back into the pit, following Aceboy127 who also pits for damage.
By this point someone had called a Gentleman's Yellow Flag... but it appeared in the chat briefly, and it didn't "register" to me what was happening.

I was also distracted IRL by a very cute cat sitting next to me, and averted my attention on the back stretch.
And why suddenly I realized too late that I was coming up on 2 stationary cars.:nervous: And Chiochan who is swerving behind them. :boggled:
Daytona International Speedway_29.jpg
This also doesn't end well.:scared:
Daytona International Speedway_30.jpg Daytona International Speedway_31.jpg Daytona International Speedway_32.jpg
I shoot up between the parked cars waiting on a Gentleman's Yellow Flag... And reclaim one lap. (As I pass them, I'm still 1 lap down.)
And on the way through, I hit Aceboy127's car, and again, I have extensive damage... this time including engine damage.:ouch::eek:
Daytona International Speedway_34.jpg
So of course even 1 lap down, and I can't even keep up with the lappers rolling to the S/F for the Gentleman's Yellow Flag Re-Start... because of the engine damage. :dunce::indiff:

Daytona International Speedway_35.jpg

And in addition, Chiochan starts spinning in front of me again too. :boggled:
Daytona International Speedway_36.jpg Daytona International Speedway_37.jpg
Then I see myself swaying back & forth... and Aceboy127 swaying back & forth heading up to the restart.
I assume that Aceboy127 got damage too. but in the replay it's clear he does NOT have damage at this point, and was probably warming his tires for the restart?
He probably assumed I was doing the same... but in reality, I just had extensive damage again! :lol:

I was going to pit on the restart, but I thought for sure that would just confuse everybody.:guilty:
Daytona International Speedway_38.jpg
So obviously on the restart I fall behind pretty quickly.
Daytona International Speedway_39.jpg

So I pit again. For the 3rd time.
Daytona International Speedway_40.jpg Daytona International Speedway_41.jpg Daytona International Speedway_42.jpg
Unbeknownst to me at the time I'm in the pit, Aceboy127 hits the wall, and spins out, and careens across the lawn, and then over the cement.
Daytona International Speedway_43.jpg

At that time also, Amarynceos & Chiochan are together on track... But Chiochan is a lap down I think at this point.

Daytona International Speedway_44.jpg

They catch up to me at this point. Amarynceos being in the lead, Chiochan 1 lap down, and both about to lap me (Amarynceos for the 2nd lapping.) :boggled:

Daytona International Speedway_45.jpg Daytona International Speedway_46.jpg Daytona International Speedway_47.jpg
Amarynceos swoops in for some draft and then swoops out of the draft to pass/lap my car.
At which point leaves Chiochan in line for my draft...
And he fails to pass... and winds up SLAM DRAFTING my car.... because the differences in our speeds was inadvisable for a bump draft. :ill:
Daytona International Speedway_48.jpg
So he bounces back onto the apron... and we both have damage. He front end damage, I back end damage. :rolleyes:
Daytona International Speedway_49.jpg Daytona International Speedway_50.jpg Daytona International Speedway_51.jpg Daytona International Speedway_52.jpg
So then we both wind up in the pit again. (Me for the 4th time)
Daytona International Speedway_53.jpg Daytona International Speedway_54.jpg
At this point I'm joy riding... with no hope of not being last of course... haha :rolleyes::lol:
So the event DID eventually turn into a cruise lobby... at least for me. ;) :sly: :lol:
Daytona International Speedway_55.jpg Daytona International Speedway_56.jpg Daytona International Speedway_57.jpg Daytona International Speedway_58.jpg
Then I see that Chiochan also spent some time joy mowing the grass. :odd::lol:
Daytona International Speedway_59.jpg Daytona International Speedway_60.jpg Daytona International Speedway_61.jpg Daytona International Speedway_62.jpg Daytona International Speedway_63.jpg Daytona International Speedway_64.jpg Daytona International Speedway_65.jpg Daytona International Speedway_66.jpg

And it was all goofy from there.
But I did finish the race before the end timer ran out. So I consider that a success at least.
(I like to cross that finish line... if nothing else. :lol:)

Last edited:
Also, @watermelon punch I just went through that Daytona recap again. Heh. Definite chuckles. I now see why I was so confused, there was a lot going on I never saw. :boggled:

I think my favourite moment (not probably yours!) was when I was pootling along waiting to get us all queued up again for a restart, and a wild SSM (Surface-to-Surface Miata) careered into the little pack. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

Great photo set. Missed my backwards finish though, I'll grab a shot of that later. :dopey:

RESULTS
Spec Micro Enduro Cup
Thursday 26 February 2015

1.) WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (20 pts)
2.) jammy21 / GTP_Jammy (17 pts)
3.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (14 pts)
3.) *tacom08 / tacom08 (14 pts)
4.) crisissasix / crisissasix (7 pts)
4.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (7 pts)
5.) Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (6 pts)
6.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (2 pts)

Race #1: 14 laps @ Suzuka East Course // Abarth 500 '09
IMG_0158.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Sarthe 2009 no chicanes // Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54
IMG_0165.jpg

Race #3: 12 laps @ Indianapolis Road Course // Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
IMG_0169.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 9
RESULTS
Convertible Oval Cup
Thursday 26 February 2015

1.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (12 pts)
2.) aceboy127 / aceboy127 (7 pts)
2.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (7 pts)
3.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (4 pts)

Look! We all made the podium. :lol: ;)

Race #1: 20 laps @ Motegi Super Speedway // Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91

IMG_0173.jpg

Race #2: 20 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway // Barchetta Giovane Due '00

IMG_0176.jpg

Race #3: 20 laps @ Daytona Super Speedway // Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89

IMG_0178.jpg

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer - Track Day - Midfield Reverse
Friday 27 February 2015

1. *tacom08 / tacom08 (35 pts) (1/2)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (30 pts) (0/2)
  3. Cu3e / bergele (28 pts) (2/0)
  4. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (28 pts) (0/2)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (26 pts) (1/2)
  6. LongbowX / LongbowX (26 pts) (0/1)
  7. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (23 pts) (1/1)
  8. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (20 pts)
  9. John Wells / johnwells69 (9 pts)
(wins/podiums)

Race #1 Lancia Stratos

IMG_0186.jpg

Race #2 Vintage

IMG_0194.jpg

Race #3 Legends

IMG_0199.jpg

Race #4 Traffic

IMG_0201.jpg

Race #5 Luxury

IMG_0218.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 9
SLAM DRAFTING:lol: LOL :D. By reading that post you would think we were really bad drivers:lol: That is the funniest post I have ever read. Also the first post I have bookmarked.:gtpflag:

"Slam Drafting"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drafting_(aerodynamics)
If done roughly or in the wrong position (e.g. close to the entry of the turn), this tactic can destabilize the handling of the lead car sometimes causing a crash. Use of the tactic in this manner is known as slam drafting.
:scared::lol:

Anyway... lesson learned = Do not choose as your bump draft partner, the driver who announced they ate a cantaloupe during the previous race. :odd: :sly: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey @LongbowX, you are still in the funkiness podium! :) Here is a goodie for all you stats lovers: a Sparkline Diagram of the results in all races registered in the Parity Sheet. It's good abstract art at the least. ;)

Midfield is a great track, i had a ton of fun in all the battles yesterday! :D:tup: PD put in really nice details, from the dandelions around the track to the sushi bar in the tunnel mall! :drool:

Back