Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Series 14 / Event 3
Tuesday 17 February

Legends @ Cape Ring

Cape Ring.jpg Cape Ring_1.jpg Cape Ring_2.jpg Cape Ring_3.jpg Cape Ring_4.jpg Cape Ring_5.jpg Cape Ring_6.jpg Cape Ring_7.jpg Cape Ring_8.jpg Cape Ring_9.jpg Cape Ring_10.jpg Cape Ring_11.jpg Cape Ring_12.jpg Cape Ring_13.jpg Cape Ring_14.jpg Cape Ring_15.jpg

Oh -- I thought that since it was Thursday, it would be an evening race, didn't even check the time. ><

Edit: great races, if only Eiger had been a lap or two longer. :mischievous: (Of course, that would have also given me several more opportunities to crash! :dopey: ) That Alpine is tricky, tricky, tricky on a course like that.

Definitely worth skipping breakfast for, though. :cheers:

Last edited:
Fun racing today. 👍:)

Wow, that Eiger pit stop is loooooong. :lol:

And that may be one of the few times I've ever pitted on purpose at Deep Forest. ;)

Anyway... Hmmm... Yes, I'm kind of at loose ends right now... definitely look at the time in either post #2 or Community Event time. I wish that community event time was BIGGER font in relation to the other details. :odd:
Sorry for the confusion.

Tomorrow's Track Day
2:30pm US EST / 11:30am US PST / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET
Track will be chosen by a vote among those who arrive on time. ;) And then the podium from last week will pick lists.

I will be available Friday unless my son's Father/Son day takes a turn or the technical/hazardous/whoa-that-is-fun! side.

So... TBD... No lists/tracks?

RESULTS

Shuffle Mixer - Spec/Shuffle/Parity - Micro Enduro Cup
Thursday 19 February 2015

1.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (13 pts)
2.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (12 pts)
2.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (12 pts)
3.) nickg07 / Ballist1x (8 pts)
3.) tarnheld / tarnheld (8 pts)
4.) John Wells / johnwells69 (4 pts)

Race #1: 12 laps @ Autumn Ring Mini (heavy damage, 1 pit) // Honda S800 '66 (1-make / Parity RGO)

IMG_0058.jpg

Race #2: 12 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse (heavy damage, 1 pit) // 90s (Shuffle / RGO)

1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94)
  2. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98)
  4. nickg07 / Ballist1x (Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14) '96)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (Audi S4 '98)
  6. John Wells / johnwells69 (Acura NSX '91)

Race #3: 12 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track (heavy damage, 1 pit) // Retro (Parity / RGO)

IMG_0061.jpg

Well... pay attention to the tires guys!!
@John Wells must've had quite the struggle on lesser tires. :scared::eek:
I was really wondering why he wasn't faster in the NSX in race #2. :boggled: At first I thought it was because he never put the oil change, and then hit a spun out car and got damage... but then it was clear it was more than that, and looking at the replay, it was because of the comfort softs. :ill:

I usually check the tires on everybody's cars before the races... But to be honest I had had a very rough day up until this point, and was a little lax and must've missed checking & announcing the tire requirements.

Please everybody can you help everyone else by helping me check things between races? ^^
Because I'm not perfect and sometimes I don't remember everything. :guilty:
THANK YOU! :)

Anyhow... too bad about John's tires there... because had he not been handicapped in Race #2, I think the entire grid might've tied on the podium. :lol::boggled::D

Sorry @John Wells, i should have stayed put after the spin in race #2, instead i drove backwards into traffic. :ouch: This wasn't my best day, no flow... But the Honda S800 is a cool car! Somehow forgot the A310 in my Retro buying spree, thought i had it already.:dunce:

Thanks @watermelon punch for the great hosting and combo selection! 👍

I will try to be more helpful in requirements checking, but most of the time i'm really slow in entering with the correct vehicle. I have updated the 'Car Lists' page in the Parity Sheet, should now include all the new car lists and list revamps, it even has the tire requirements in the Header. I glance at it on my laptop in the races, but maybe a printout version would be better.

On the OP (post #1) I updated the car lists section to put the Tires above the car list (just below the car list name)... so if you look there you'll see the tire specification first. 👍 (It used to be below the list of cars.)
Maybe that will help a little.

RESULTS
Friday 20 February 2015
Shuffle Mixer - Track Day - Suzuka 2014

1. *tacom08 / tacom08 (28 pts)
  2. nickg07 / Ballist1x (22 pts)
  3. Handlebar / HandlebarMustash (21 pts)
  4. tarnheld / tarnheld (18 pts)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (17 pts)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (12 pts)
  7. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (9 pts)

Race #1
IMG_0068.jpg

Race #2 - Retro
IMG_0071.jpg

Race #3 - Legends
IMG_0074.jpg

Race #4 - 90s
IMG_0080.jpg

Race #5 - Traffic
IMG_0083.jpg

It was a close thing. It was 3 to 2 for Suzuka.
I kind of like this letting last week's finishing podium pick the car lists as we go... Tacom08 picked the Retro list, after he'd finished first. I immediately suspected he hadn't yet test driven the Accord. :odd: :lol:
Then @Chiochan picked the Traffic list & shoved me into that hot rod pick-up truck I can barely drive. :lol: That took a lot of patience for me not to wind up in the sand.

@amarynceos
I have to ask... did you know you were going up in the air in that Lancer Evo at Deep Forest Reverse??

deep-forest-raceway_8-jpg.314016

You can't see it well here, but you definitely had a little jump on the crest before going downhill toward the last right turn into the S/F straight.

deep-forest-raceway_9-jpg.314017

From this angle you can definitely see that at least one wheel is off the pavement, but in the replay it looked like the car actually got up in the air.

deep-forest-raceway_10-jpg.314018

In the tunnel, you definitely got up on 2 wheels in the last lap.

Last edited:
WOW! What a photo spread. :drool:
:lol: I went a little crazy watching replays. :D

I must say that the Retro list really lives up to its name in looks. :sly:

Also... that Canopy car... :eek: I nearly spun it out.
It's kind of kooky.

Anyhow, I've got events scheduled in Community / Clubs / Events.
Please sign-up if you're planning to race, so I can get a head count, and so that others can see that we're racing! ^^ 💡
A "probably" is good enough for a sign-up. 👍

How about "maybe?"
I'll take a maybe. 👍

Let's put it this way, if you're 50/50 considering it... sign up! So you let other people know we're actually racing.

Generally I've noticed that we have 3 sign-ups, but then often 7-10 people show up.
(So it's hard to gauge. Better to have a good head-count.)
I just wondered if maybe more people saw 6-8 sign-ups, they'd sign-up & show up.. and then we'll have a fuller grid and get more of the cars into play. :)

Sunday 22 February 2015
1:00pm US EST / 10:00am US PST / 6:00pm GMT / 7:00pm CET / 18:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 15 -- Event 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parity Car Assignments
Race #1: 4 laps @ Monza no chicane // Hot Hatches (damage light, 1 pit)
Race #2: 10 laps @ Willow Springs: Big Willow // Vintage (heavy damage, 1 pit)
Race #3: 9 laps @ Brands Hatch GP 80s // 90s (damage heavy, 1 pit)

Current Parity Assignments are here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ooM/pubchart?oid=717242305&format=interactive
You can choose between the car # you're given in that chart, or one less. (Example: I can choose car #10 or #9 each race).

New drivers without a parity assignment have the choice between #6 & #5.
Further info and instructions for NEW DRIVERS is here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...el-1-make-racing.293390/page-76#post-10413437
Note: You are NOT a new driver if your name appears in the Parity Assignment Chart I linked above.

Any questions, let us know. Someone will clarify. 👍

I'm going to open up the lobby early so people are welcome to come test drive their options.

Final Vision Checks will occur on the hour.
If there's invisible car problems, then those not seeing all the cars should exit the lobby & rejoin.
If still having a problem after both parties rejoin, then we switch to Fixed Host.

Qualifying for race #1 will only be 5 minutes.
Then it's RGO for Race #2 & #3.

Latest Posts

Back